PG Makai Ashton-Langford (UConn Offer) | Page 14 | The Boneyard

PG Makai Ashton-Langford (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Oz from TOS says we are "turning up the heat" in our chase of MAL

Interesting. Wonder what the interplay is between this and the Beatty recruitment. Seems like PT for taller wings like Hami/Harvey is probably an easy enough sell right now, but PT for more than one shorter point/combo may not be.

Reaction Score
Think about how tough a sell it is for KO right now. AG is here as a frosh as as CV. JA is a stud, but is he NBA ready after 2 years, there is no definite there. Kids want to play and while we all know it's worth it for him to be one of the 4 guards because all will play and frosh need to bide their time, it's not the way they roll any more. Especially when they are this talented. My guess is this would have been a done deal if they weren't so deep in that slot.

Reaction Score
Think about how tough a sell it is for KO right now. AG is here as a frosh as as CV. JA is a stud, but is he NBA ready after 2 years, there is no definite there. Kids want to play and while we all know it's worth it for him to be one of the 4 guards because all will play and frosh need to bide their time, it's not the way they roll any more. Especially when they are this talented. My guess is this would have been a done deal if they weren't so deep in that slot.
I see it as an incredibly easy sell. UConn always plays two studs in the backcourt together and will often go with a three guard look. I don't think any school can offer what UConn can to guards these days. Play for a point guard coach who features his guards in NBA sets and has an awesome track record with point guards since he's been here. MAL would play a ton for us.

Reaction Score

Yet, Shabazz waited for his shot. And so did many UConn PGs who played behind others, with Khalid and Taliek being the exceptions. Kemba, Marcus Williams, AJ Price, a few others, all waited. The real question is which school might better prepare him for the NBA. Providence with 4 years of experience or UConn with 3.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I see it as an incredibly easy sell. UConn always plays two studs in the backcourt together and will often go with a three guard look. I don't think any school can offer what UConn can to guards these days. Play for a point guard coach who features his guards in NBA sets and has an awesome track record with point guards since he's been here. MAL would play a ton for us.

Nova might have us beat as far as a guard friendly system goes.

Reaction Score

Could work that way too SJ unless of course he feels he can walk in and be the leader year 1 somewhere like PC? We will see. I'm hoping you have it right.

Reaction Score

Agree with this. If we get Hami then MAL would be the 4th guard at BEST his freshman year behind Hami, Gilbert, and Adams. He may even be 5th depending on how good Vital is. At PC he'd step right in and be the man from day 1.

Reaction Score
"Right now the top three schools that are showing interest are Providence, Louisville and UConn," he said. "Those aren't my top three schools, those are just the schools that are showing the most interest."

Says he will visit all 3. Hasn't he been to UConn a bunch of times already?

Interesting quote. Wonder who his top 3 is then?

Reaction Score
Interesting quote. Wonder who his top 3 is then?
I'd say it's safe to assume Providence and us are in there. Maybe he's holding out hope someone like Duke or some other big school offers him

Reaction Score
I'd say it's safe to assume Providence and us are in there. Maybe he's holding out hope someone like Duke or some other big school offers him

That is my guess. I asked around and ku might be a school he is waiting for an offer

Reaction Score
Well considering he's using 3 of his 5 visit is a good indication that if these aren't his top three, they're at least in the top 5.
What are you hearing? Are we more into MAL or Tremont and who do you think we have the best shot with?

Reaction Score
Brian Snow has him as a Louisville lean and their Mod J Demling seems to agree. They think it's only a matter of time

Reaction Score
Starting to get worried we counted too many eggs

Reaction Score
Brian Snow has him as a Louisville lean and their Mod J Demling seems to agree. They think it's only a matter of time

Louisville is one of my least favorite programs but I can actually see him fitting in very well at Louisville.

Reaction Score
A Louisville mod thinks he is going to Louisville? Shocking. Honestly, if he chooses present day Pitino over Ollie then let him go.

The mid concurs with Scout analyst Snow, who has more inside info than anyone on this board.

This ain't over yet, but a possible good sign could be maybe a Waters lean, who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom