PG Makai Ashton-Langford (UConn Offer) | Page 11 | The Boneyard

PG Makai Ashton-Langford (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

I have a friend who went to a basketball camp with Tremont several years ago. He told me that he's a perfectly nice guy with a good sense of humor -- why would anyone make a point to be a jerk to him?
I agree Tremont is a good kid, given all the attention he has received at a young age. I just don't see him going to UConn at this point.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I thought we were having a moment there with August and Friar J.

I think we can bring this spirit of understanding to Washington, D.C. then on to Iran, Russia and North Korea.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Nice NERR article on MAL - also suggest that a reclass to 2016 doesn't seem very likely

A recent report suggested that Ashton-Langford is considering a move back to his original class of 2016 but sources close to the situation say that is very unlikely. Even if he were to graduate this spring, that would only keep him on par with NCAA Eligibility Center regulations that require a student to graduate in 8 semesters in order to add more credits in a potential post-grad year.

In other words, whether it's Ashton-Langford or any other player who “reclassifies," the NCAA is only accepting credits from the 5thyear if you've graduated after the 4th year. In New England, sometimes that just comes down to paperwork and so you don't often hear about it, but it's also what creates the loophole that allows players to sometimes jump to college late in the summer. In short though, Ashton-Langford's situation is no different from any other 2017 prospect who has already reclassified, but chances of him playing college basketball next year appear highly unlikely.

http://www.coxhub.com/articles/maka...29023194&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
A 2017 class of MAL, Diallo, and Brown is fine by me. And that's just the beginning.

Reaction Score
Oz says if MAL stays in 2017, we're good. If he reclassifies, which seems unlikely, Providence would be the frontrunner.

Reaction Score
http://www.scout.com/college/basket...-uconn-providence-trail-makai-ashton-langford

“Makai, I think he has more upside because he’s taller and I think he’s a longer,” he added. “I think Makai defends his position better, but I think they both need to work on their jump shot. Jalen is older and is a better ball player right now.”

“UConn is recruiting Makai really hard,” he said. “They seem to think he’s a UConn type guard.”

“I think he’s getting a lot of love in New England, because he’s a northeast kid,” he said. “Connecticut has always been to his games and Providence is recruiting the hell out of him. Going into it those are the guys that have worked the hardest.”

Reaction Score
Also in the article tcf linked is the quote "He might be the best defender in the country,” he said. “His length and lateral movement is off the charts and he can finish with the best of them at the end. He gets where he wants to go and has a burst of speed. He finishes around the rim and has a bunch of different nifty ways using the glass and spins. He can play fast.

Reaction Score
Any news from the rivals article that came out today? I'm not a member so I couldn't read what it said.

Reaction Score
Any news from the rivals article that came out today? I'm not a member so I couldn't read what it said.
Absolutely nothing new in there. You didn't miss anything.

Mass Rivals coach Vinny Pastore said Ashton-Langford is still working through the recruiting process – which includes offers from UConn, Providence and newcomer Louisville – and has yet to make official visit plans. He did attend a Providence game last season.

“It’s growing,” said Pastore about the schools chasing his playmaker.

Reaction Score
Also in the article tcf linked is the quote "He might be the best defender in the country,” he said. “His length and lateral movement is off the charts and he can finish with the best of them at the end. He gets where he wants to go and has a burst of speed. He finishes around the rim and has a bunch of different nifty ways using the glass and spins. He can play fast.
It's not how fast you play, but how well you play fast. Hum...now where have I heard that
before? :)

Reaction Score
For What Its Worth - The post from Tues 5/17 says Louisville is a newcomer offer, yet on 5/20 Ethan Moore from Louisville Sports Live made a Crystal Ball pick for UConn. Inferring that that post is motivated by Louisville feedback to a Louisville connected guy, that has to mean we are still in a good place.

C

Chief00

It's not how fast you play, but how well you play fast. Hum...now where have I heard that
before? :)
Answer Chief. Don't want to redo that discussion again, but quite frankly that was a criticism I had of JD's game.

Reaction Score
The lawnmower ad he was referencing stole their slogan from you?

Can i enacted a new boneyard law? If you are posting about the actual recruit then you put a symbol or a font color like blue or fuchsia. I would never want to impede in your freedom to post and/or speech but some of these recruit threads are just brutal.

:mad::eek: either would work..

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Oh no the Lanford thread will now make its way into a John Deere vs Cub Cadet vs Craftsmen huh?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Can i enacted a new boneyard law? If you are posting about the actual recruit then you put a symbol or a font color like blue or fuchsia. I would never want to impede in your freedom to post and/or speech but some of these recruit threads are just brutal.

:mad::eek: either would work..

Do you have Chief on ignore? I'm not just posting things randomly. He started with the JD comment.

Reaction Score
Sounds like Providence and Louisville in the hunt still for MAL and that we are right there per Tweet and article linked to it.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, when he said he had a favorite that was us but not anymore - translated we still are a prime candidate but no longer ahead of everyone else.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly, when he said he had a favorite that was us but not anymore - translated we still are a prime candidate but no longer ahead of everyone else.
Thanks for the break down and telling it like it is. Where do you think he ends up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom