Pasqualoni/DeLeone defenders thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Pasqualoni/DeLeone defenders thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So weyuo, let's pretend you are Warde Manuel. You inherited a coaching staff that has sucked the life out of your University's football program. Your President does not sanction mediocrity and has deftly squeezed the trigger before on some pretty big game. Your future, your salary, your legacy depends on lots of things--- but most certainly on pushing your athletic programs to the next level. You aquiesced to Kevin Ollie in a political move for several obvious reasons. Now you have a choice. You declare that PP and staff are making real progress and deserve to be kept on---or---you say the program has receded over these past two years and you believe new leadership is required to move the program to the next level. You thank Coach P for his service, pay him his buyout and introduce Coach X. What's your call Mr. Manuel?

If I was AD.....I'd be at Coach P's door first thing Monday morning finding out what his plan was to get this ship heading in the right direction. If I didn't like the answer then I'd(behind the scenes as discreetly as possible) start gathering a list of potential successors. If P satisfied my concern then he'd get enough rope to keep marching on. That's the logical and fair way to approach it which I'm sure is the way it's going down behind the scenes.

Reaction Score
PP and GDL have a 4 game audition to keep their jobs. They have a bye week to help get things straight and 2 home 2 away. Two opponents at our level and 2 conference leaders. Due to they're age and track record I can't see how they would return if we go 0-4 or 1-3. Same situation with a younger coach who had come from a successful big name program and was showing some innovation and attention to detail and we might have a belief that we weren't on the road to nowhere. Provided the losses were competitive. But when you look at the clock management, the sideline energy, the evaporation of the running game, the small things like throwing because we were behind two weeks in a row comment, can't win 2 in a row, in game adjustments, and are you really willing to run through a brick wall for that guy. Does he inspire that kind of confidence in the team? No change these last four games and we have to move in a new direction. Year two of the regime with this much coaching experience should not have the implosion that these guys have presided over. We looked lost at WMU and at Cuse. We'll see how we respond at S Florida.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
What are the realistic chances of that happening? Hey lets face it, Coach P is from here and wants to be here. This isn't a stepping stone job for him. How long is a Neal Brown gonna hang around Connecticut really? You look around this state and the school systems and parents would rather see kids kicking a soccer ball around so what football that is being played here does not have the support that most other states give. It's a shame but it's the reality of a state mostly run by women.
The fact that this isn't a stepping stone job for PP would be great if he were 45 but at 63, I don't see how leaving for retirement after a his contract runs out would be any better than a younger coach leaving after the same length of time for a higher profile job.

I don't know what Neal Brown's aspirations are but I would be stunned if it were impossible to find some bright, young coach who would be willing to make this his career job. Finding the right guy may not be easy but I refuse to believe we would be better off not even trying because we know P likes it here.

Reaction Score
If there is a lack of talent(cupboard being bare as some suggested) then the mark of a good coach and staff is to work with what you have and maximize/overachieve with what you have to work with

There is no way HCPP has maximized the talent level in the past 1 1/2.

Just losing to WMU(twice) , Temple(at home) and getting blown out by the CUSE speaks volumes to me how inept this coach and staff has performed.

They have not done one thing that would make me think that they are the right coaching staff to turn this around and get us back to where the program was and beyond a short 2-3 years ago.

Reaction Score
He doesn't even know when to call a time out.

We have miscues galore. Wrong players on the field after timeouts. Receivers running the wrong routes.

This team is poorly prepared every week. That's coaching.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry.........USED TO inhabit?

We may not be back, but 40-10 says something. We have played a very tough schedule - toughest of anyone in the Big East, and we have been close in every game. We used to flat out suck; now we have returned to being competitive.

Reaction Score
We may not be back, but 40-10 says something. We have played a very tough schedule - toughest of anyone in the Big East, and we have been close in every game. We used to flat out suck; now we have returned to being competitive.

It says much more about us than anything else. You guys still suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom