Pasqualoni/DeLeone defenders thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Pasqualoni/DeLeone defenders thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
John, lotsa defenders, but they keep quiet postgame but then bubble up and peak Tuesday/Wednesday. Just would like them to step forward when everything is fresh in our minds.
Call them out. Some don't think he should be fired after two years, but all agree he has sucked go date.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the buyout is chump change to this school and state at this point. the $$ # is not and should not be a factor at all. if its even a question then its a sad day for this school.

Reaction Score
the buyout is chump change to this school and state at this point. the $$ # is not and should not be a factor at all. if its even a question then its a sad day for this school.

If I read the contract correctly (and admittantly, can be wrong as I don't play a lawyer in real life) - the buyout is on the athletic department and NOT the State. No state funds are used for PP's salary.

"NOTE: No general fund (state tax dollars) or tuition monies were used to provide any of the resources for this contract. The Division of Athletics at the University of Connecticut is an Auxiliary Service Fund entity and the sources of revenue include: gate receipts, private fundraising, corporate partnerships, television/radio rights, Big East conference revenues and NCAA revenues."

I'm sure a cost/benefit analysis has already been completed.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
If I read the contract correctly (and admittantly, can be wrong as I don't play a lawyer in real life) - the buyout is on the athletic department and NOT the State. No state funds are used for PP's salary.

"NOTE: No general fund (state tax dollars) or tuition monies were used to provide any of the resources for this contract. The Division of Athletics at the University of Connecticut is an Auxiliary Service Fund entity and the sources of revenue include: gate receipts, private fundraising, corporate partnerships, television/radio rights, Big East conference revenues and NCAA revenues."

I'm sure a cost/benefit analysis has already been completed.

i tried to pm u, but i couldnt. maybe u need to change a setting?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
This must be what it's like when a fight breaks out in a special ed classroom.

are you trying to tell us that you havn't been involved is several of those said fights? sounds like your hiding something from this board!

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Considering that no one is defending P or GDL, this thread has more legs than I would have figured.

pj

Reaction Score
If you're Warde Manuel and you want to fire P after the season, do you do it Dec 2 for a $1 mn buyout or Jan 1 for a $750k buyout? Can you announce on Dec 2 that you'll fire him on Jan 1, save the $250k, and start the search on Dec 2?

Reaction Score
I think we - all of us - need to get a grasp. Warde Manuel, if he's decided to fire a coach, or hire a coach, is going to need to approach the people higher up in the chain of command than he - when it comes to the salary/buyout stuff.

What I can say, is that if you've decided to fire somebody, for performance failure reasons, the very last thing you want to do, is wait.

Regardless, nobody around here is going to know anything about any of that, until and unless, it actually happens.

Reaction Score
Considering that no one is defending P or GDL, this thread has more legs than I would have figured.
Well it's a lot easier to kick a man when they are down.
Let's just hope they pull their stuff together and we can get a few wins hopefully a signature win so these kids may have something to feel good about.
Ward will access the coaching at the years end.
Hopefully the team gets a breather and comes in ready to play and we get the win ball rolling vs usf.
And no I'm not smoking anything

Reaction Score
I think we - all of us - need to get a grasp. Warde Manuel, if he's decided to fire a coach, or hire a coach, is going to need to approach the people higher up in the chain of command than he - when it comes to the salary/buyout stuff.

What I can say, is that if you've decided to fire somebody, for performance failure reasons, the very last thing you want to do, is wait.

Regardless, nobody around here is going to know anything about any of that, until and unless, it actually happens.

I have a firm grasp. They are not going to fire him per se.. They will terminate contract and pay remaining terms. Despite what most people would like to believe - this is not going to be a just cause termination (unless something incredibly stupid outside of direct coaching happens). This will not become messy - it's not good for the University.

Reaction Score

Sending you Pasqualoni and DeLeone was part of a nefarious Syracuse plot to sink UConn from BCS bowl caliber down to the depths we used to inhabit. I think another couple years will be necessary before we can tell if P&D have what it takes to turn the ship around at UConn.

Reaction Score
I may be the lone voice in the crowd(and no I am not related or have any affiliation or acquaintance with Coach PP or GD) but I feel you guys are one year too early with the pitchforks and the hangman's noose. Like Des Conner stated Coach P did walk into a train wreck as far as the offense went. Toddman leaves a year early, Frey transfers out, no experience at RB(Shoemate was damaged goods the whole time he was here) and no experienced QBs. Now I agree with most of you that introducing a completely foreign offensive mentality was premature. They should have waited till they had a recruiting class or two of their own players before springing this pro-style zone blocking concept on guys that weren't ready for it. But..... in their defense they have stepped up the recruiting. They have grabbed some of the better CT kids that would have been long gone had RE still been here. Max D is one that we see playing. More will be coming. I believe they will step up the recruiting and they have a ton of pro and college experience to develop these kids for the next level. Just like Calhoun, they need a couple years to get this thing moving in the right direction.

I know everyone wants to see the next version of Oregon here at Storrs and they want to see it now. That's the problem. Your not going to see it now and it won't matter if you bring Lombardi or Landry back from the grave...even they would need a couple years to get things straightened out. These guys are building a D-1 program, not rebuilding. And you don't do it in 18 months. So like it or not your just gonna have to be patient and hopefully supportive. Look forward gents, stop looking back. He brought in a quarterback to stop the bleeding in that department. Give the kid a decent O-line and we'd all be comparing him to Dan O right now. Receivers are better. The D has taken a couple of serious hits(injuries) but keeps on plugging. Really..if you think about it, once they get the O-line in gear they are gonna have a pretty damn good offense. Whitmer, McCombs, Delorenzo, Phillips, Joe Williams, Bockeloh, Cruz, Jeremy Davis, Rugg, Samra, Cochrane, Puyol... they're all gonna be here for a while. I see the future being bright. Just got to give it the same time everyone gave Calhoun to bring a winner to Storrs.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I have a firm grasp. They are not going to fire him per se.. They will terminate contract and pay remaining terms. Despite what most people would like to believe - this is not going to be a just cause termination (unless something incredibly stupid outside of direct coaching happens). This will not become messy - it's not good for the University.

Is there anyone who thinks there is 'just cause' to fire him and not pay him?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I may be the lone voice in the crowd(and no I am not related or have any affiliation or acquaintance with Coach PP or GD) but I feel you guys are one year too early with the pitchforks and the hangman's noose. Like Des Conner stated Coach P did walk into a train wreck as far as the offense went. Toddman leaves a year early, Frey transfers out, no experience at RB(Shoemate was damaged goods the whole time he was here) and no experienced QBs. Now I agree with most of you that introducing a completely foreign offensive mentality was premature. They should have waited till they had a recruiting class or two of their own players before springing this pro-style zone blocking concept on guys that weren't ready for it. But..... in their defense they have stepped up the recruiting. They have grabbed some of the better CT kids that would have been long gone had RE still been here. Max D is one that we see playing. More will be coming. I believe they will step up the recruiting and they have a ton of pro and college experience to develop these kids for the next level. Just like Calhoun, they need a couple years to get this thing moving in the right direction.

I know everyone wants to see the next version of Oregon here at Storrs and they want to see it now. That's the problem. Your not going to see it now and it won't matter if you bring Lombardi or Landry back from the grave...even they would need a couple years to get things straightened out. These guys are building a D-1 program, not rebuilding. And you don't do it in 18 months. So like it or not your just gonna have to be patient and hopefully supportive. Look forward gents, stop looking back. He brought in a quarterback to stop the bleeding in that department. Give the kid a decent O-line and we'd all be comparing him to Dan O right now. Receivers are better. The D has taken a couple of serious hits(injuries) but keeps on plugging. Really..if you think about it, once they get the O-line in gear they are gonna have a pretty damn good offense. Whitmer, McCombs, Delorenzo, Phillips, Joe Williams, Bockeloh, Cruz, Jeremy Davis, Rugg, Samra, Cochrane, Puyol... they're all gonna be here for a while. I see the future being bright. Just got to give it the same time everyone gave Calhoun to bring a winner to Storrs.

A: I don't care what state recruits are from, I care if they can play.

B: You can't say there was no RB and ignore McCombs season and then bring him up as a positive later in the post.

C: Someone correct me if I'm wrong but DeLorenzo, Cruz and Davis are Edsall recruits.

D: You compared Calhoun who took over a team at the bottom of a league to PP who took over a team at the top of a league.

E: The defense stopped plugging in the second half of the Maryland game.

F: Only the truly insane are looking for
success at the level of Oregon. If this team went 7-5 and 7-5, no one would be calling for heads to roll - they would be excited about the mythical #uptick.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

Not what the angry mob wants to hear, but... a well thought out post, Weyuo

Reaction Score
Sending you Pasqualoni and DeLeone was part of a nefarious Syracuse plot to sink UConn from BCS bowl caliber down to the depths we used to inhabit. I think another couple years will be necessary before we can tell if P&D have what it takes to turn the ship around at UConn.

I'm sorry.........USED TO inhabit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01