OT - Seattle Corner the NFL and Me over team | Page 8 | The Boneyard

OT - Seattle Corner the NFL and Me over team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Absolutely.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/isaac-saul/what-richard-sherman-taught-us_b_4631980.html (great article)

(watch this video and see if you think he is a common thug)

If he didn't have dreads and he said exactly the same thing with a wink and a smile nobody would have any problem with it (ala Jordan).

Yeah, interesting. If you watch that and then watch the play again, the idea that Smith made the play is BS. Sherman meant to tip the ball to Smith. Just made a really solid play that much more impressive.

Reaction Score
Wow, you are AMAZING. Because the media wanted to protect the Bird and Jordan personas and didn't want to show them doing EXACTLY the kind of thing Richard Sherman does, that makes it ok ? Your neck must be sore flying back and forth with new and different reasons why Richard Sherman is one of the worst people alive because someone stuck a camera and a microphone in his face minutes after he made the key play to send his team to the Super Bowl and he wasn't sufficiently gracious enough for you.

Give me a break.

Hello. I hope you're having a nice evening. You are full of crap.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Funny - how many of the Sherman haters here were all over Carl when he went after McCombs for his backflip into the end zone. Love to see the crossover on that.

It's Will Leitch that made me realize this. Internet message boards seem to exist at times for the sole purpose of people trash talking players, teams and programs... Yet here we are a week later and some can't get over it.

How many times a week does someone on the Boneyard trash the academic quality of Louisville and their students?

It's only a problem when it's someone else.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's Will Leitch that made me realize this. Internet message boards seem to exist at times for the sole purpose of people trash talking players, teams and programs... Yet here we are a week later and some can't get over it.

How many times a week does someone on the Boneyard trash the academic quality of Louisville and their students?

It's only a problem when it's someone else.

Yeah cause arguing about something idiotic for a week is so beneath you........

Reaction Score
I think Forte is probably a little bit racist. And being called a thug by him is a bit like being called a thug by Steve Buscemi's character from The Big Lebowski.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Watching Showtime "Inside the NFL" and they summed up this whole "story" for me.

Phil Simms said to Collinsworth, "what if we had mic's on the field when we came off?...it's a fight out there". Collinsworht then said, "I'm glad they showed it...what you saw there was what it's like to be on an NFL playing field. If you're not at that level emotionally, if you're not borderline out of your mind when you're playing the game of football, you have no chance."

This is why I have no problem with it. We rarely get to see the inside look at the greats. We "value" this stoic attitude of keeping their greatness from the public eye. In that 2 minute moment after a flat out 4 hour fistfight, we got to see a great NFL player in his on-the-field element. It was glorious to see. I would have loved to see a Michael Jordan practice in about the 5th week of the season. I bet it would have made Richard Sherman look like Mr. Rogers.

Reaction Score
Watching Showtime "Inside the NFL" and they summed up this whole "story" for me.

Phil Simms said to Collinsworth, "what if we had mic's on the field when we came off?...it's a fight out there". Collinsworht then said, "I'm glad they showed it...what you saw there was what it's like to be on an NFL playing field. If you're not at that level emotionally, if you're not borderline out of your mind when you're playing the game of football, you have no chance."

This is why I have no problem with it. We rarely get to see the inside look at the greats. We "value" this stoic attitude of keeping their greatness from the public eye. In that 2 minute moment after a flat out 4 hour fistfight, we got to see a great NFL player in his on-the-field element. It was glorious to see. I would have loved to see a Michael Jordan practice in about the 5th week of the season. I bet it would have made Richard Sherman look like Mr. Rogers.

Bingo.

All of the fuddy duddies soiled their drawers once they saw how sausage was really made.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yeah cause arguing about something idiotic for a week is so beneath you...

I'll give you credit. When you are off the rails and missing points you go all in.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Bingo.

All of the fuddy duddies soiled their drawers once they saw how sausage was really made.

I've always wished the older conservative faction of the UConn women's basketball fanbase could spend the time I have with the players and coaches I've known through the years.

Their reaction to some of what I've been exposed to would be downright hilarious.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well when the concussion problem is solved by the games being played by the Fox robots, they can be programed to speak only in Jeterese.

Reaction Score
Really? Did you hit your head or something?

Nope. I'm just wondering when someone is gonna make the list of words we're not supposed to say public anymore. Who's making the list? Sherman? He said thug is the new N-word. I'm sure the media will comply and we'll all be saying the T-word soon enough.

You know what really is the N-word equivalent? The name of the NFL franchise that plays in our nation's capital. I hope all of you guys never say the R-word.

Reaction Score
You mad bro

I don't like Sherman. I think he's a and there's a good reason Trent Williams from the R-word punched him in the face. I'm allowed to think this and not be racist.

I will give him credit for not having a glass jaw. Dude can take a punch.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Nope. I'm just wondering when someone is gonna make the list of words we're not supposed to say public anymore. Who's making the list? Sherman? He said thug is the new N-word. I'm sure the media will comply and we'll all be saying the T-word soon enough.

You know what really is the N-word equivalent? The name of the NFL franchise that plays in our nation's capital. I hope all of you guys never say the R-word.

Is there really anyone who isn't a mouth breather who doesn't think the Washington NFL team needs to change their name?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't like Sherman. I think he's a and there's a good reason Trent Williams from the R-word punched him in the face. I'm allowed to think this and not be racist.

I will give him credit for not having a glass jaw. Dude can take a punch.

Of course you can. But at the same time, the word thug has taken on a bit of a racist connotation.

Now not everyone who calls someone a thug is a racist. But some racists do use it in a similar fashion to make the same point.

Reaction Score
Is there really anyone who isn't a mouth breather who doesn't think the Washington NFL team needs to change their name?

Apparently the NFL doesn't think so. It's not on the list yet. We're still allowed to say Redskins without fear of public scorn.

Can't say "thug" but Redskins is ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22