OT - Seattle Corner the NFL and Me over team | The Boneyard

OT - Seattle Corner the NFL and Me over team

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fortebleedsblue

Anyone catch the post game interview with Erin Andrews? Talk about having zero class and being self centered. I can deal with the show boating, counting jeans as formal wear and celebrations after every ok play but to act like a thug on national tv instead of a professional is a disgrace to the league. More and more sell my jersey types taking over the league over selfless team first. Grab your popcorn.

Reaction Score
He did make my son and I laugh though. :D Great game and bring that crowd noise back to the Rent.

Reaction Score
I have no problem with 70% of what he did/said, but calling out someone who just lost a chance to go to the Super Bowl and going over and slapping him on the ass then looking to the refs for a flag when he pushes you in the face is just stupid and I hope Manning shuts him up. Having said that, he is a fantastic corner and I'd love it if he was on my team. I wouldn't necessarily like what he says, but I'd make that trade off.

Reaction Score
Hopefully they can find a way to force him out of the league like TO. The guy is completely over the top. Will root against him till he retires

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Supposedly he's a really bright guy who loves to push the envelope on trash talking and self-promoting. He made an incredible play there, but Kopernick(sic) really screwed the pooch in the 4th quarter.

Reaction Score
Supposedly he's a really bright guy who loves to push the envelope on trash talking and self-promoting. He made an incredible play there, but Kopernick(sic) really screwed the pooch in the 4th quarter.
On the long completion to the left flat before that he completely stared down his WR. It is a horrible habit that Kaepernick is going to have to overcome.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I still have no idea how anything he said was supposed to be putting himself above the team. Trash talk? Sure. But he backed it up.

Not that I have any interest in Sherman whatsoever, but if Sherman just got compared to Muhammad Ali, then whoever @pourmecoffee is should take a moment on the couch himself... :confused:

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Not that I have any interest in Sherman whatsoever, but if Sherman just got compared to Muhammad Ali, then whoever @pourmecoffee is should take a moment on the couch himself... :confused:
Haha... obviously not comparing them as athletes or whatever, but I think the point was that the George Will or Skip Bayless types clutching their pearls would be reacting the same way if Ali were a young, confident (okay, cocky) athlete today.

OK, so I just saw the clip on deadspin from last year of Sherman taking Skip Bayless to the proverbial woodshed on his show and it is awesome. Maybe Sherman's a on or off the field but I for one am enjoying the fact that he could make Bayless's (another ) head implode.

Reaction Score
Richard Sherman knows how to garner the attention. He's a pretty interesting guy--but without the interception by Malcolm Smith, his tip of the Crabtree pass would have been a simple incompletion. SF would have kept on marching, probably scored, and sent the Seahawks packing. Did you hear one word from Smith after the game? No. Its because he's got little to say and is uninteresting when saying it. In this media driven world, Sherman knows exactly how to play the game. Had Smith tipped the ball and Sherman caught it, the catch would have been played up rather than the tip. One other thing I noticed was that Vernon Davis was wide open at about the 7 on the left side of the field. Instead Kaepernick threw to Crabtree in the endzone who was tightly covered by the guy they had been avoiding all game. There was enough time left and two timeouts. Davis was visibly upset on the sideline over the poor decision made by Kaepernick. Joe Montana's pre-game comments critical of Kaepernick's passing was questioned, but Joe was right on the money with his observation.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You guys are no fun, it's like if a player doesn't embody a risk averse Randy bot then he is a selfish showboat.

Reaction Score
He talked all about the team and the offense later. But there is something personal. He said that Crabtree said something to his face in the offseason. I had no issue with it once I saw him talk about the offense and the rest of the team during the post game.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Haha... obviously not comparing them as athletes or whatever, but I think the point was that the George Will or Skip Bayless types clutching their pearls would be reacting the same way if Ali were a young, confident (okay, cocky) athlete today.

OK, so I just saw the clip on deadspin from last year of Sherman taking Skip Bayless to the proverbial woodshed on his show and it is awesome. Maybe Sherman's a on or off the field but I for one am enjoying the fact that he could make Bayless's (another ) head implode.

Now THAT'S funny! Skip Bayless is a no-talent clown...

Reaction Score
I think Kaepernick should take those idiotic Beats by Dre headphones off when he is giving a press conference.

Reaction Score
You guys are no fun, it's like if a player doesn't embody a risk averse Randy bot then he is a selfish showboat.

Sherman is straight up Summer's Eve quality. I avoid this type of person at all costs. I don't find them funny at all. The guy is a great CB. But he's a straight up clown.

Reaction Score
Sherman is straight up Summer's Eve quality. I avoid this type of person at all costs. I don't find them funny at all. The guy is a great CB. But he's a straight up clown.

Well as a clown, he is incredibly mediocre.

Reaction Score
It is kind of a catch 22 for Sherman. He would not have gotten the attention he now has without the way he has run his mouth and some of the antics he has pulled. He has not been in the league long, but from day one he was telling people he was the best through any media medium possible (i.e., see his twitter war with Revis a couple years ago). It started as self proclaimed and when people started to take notice of his mouth running, he has backed it up.

I want to like him because he has a good story and is a smart guy. I like reading his guest pieces in SI as well. But when he does things like he did yesterday I revert back to hating him......

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
You guys must really enjoy the prerecorded banter that is most sports interviews today. Guy had a beef with the his opponent, owned him at the critical moment and let him know about it. If that isn't American today, then I'm living somewhere else.

The lesson is if Crabtree was going to talk smack, he should have backed it up. In context, there is nothing wrong with the statement.

Reaction Score
You guys must really enjoy the prerecorded banter that is most sports interviews today. Guy had a beef with the his opponent, owned him at the critical moment and let him know about it. If that isn't American today, then I'm living somewhere else.

The lesson is if Crabtree was going to talk smack, he should have backed it up. In context, there is nothing wrong with the statement.
Yes! He was going up against a guy who is known for running his mouth and I'm sure it was going back and forth all game. He may be a , but at least he backs it up as the most dominant corner in the NFL right now, as opposed to a guy like Cortland Innegan in STL, who just talks trash and has never really been able to back it up against top competition.

Reaction Score
Poor Michael Crab tree....he never talks trash. He just goes out quietly and plays........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom