OT ~ Rutgers investigating football coach Kyle Flood for possible rules violation (NJ.Com) | Page 8 | The Boneyard

OT ~ Rutgers investigating football coach Kyle Flood for possible rules violation (NJ.Com)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Politi is a hack....if he was any kind of reporter he would make the case that there should be no buyout if they fired Flood right now. This should be a case of "fired for cause". These NJ.com reporters like Politi actually seem to revel in the misery that is RU athletics.

Reaction Score
Don't we all at some point?
Yeah...LMFAO...it just boggles my mind how they actually had the right guy in Pernetti to run their athletic program and let him go...

Reaction Score
Yeah...LMFAO...it just boggles my mind how they actually had the right guy in Pernetti to run their athletic program and let him go...

Goat-1.jpg

Reaction Score
Rutgers' dumpster fire continues to drag down Big Ten

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rutger...ues-to-drag-down-big-ten-010806500-ncaaf.html

"Dumpster fire" might be too kind of an analogy.

Yes Rutgers is hurting the B1G image right now; but, it will have almost no negative impact on the B1G financials other than cutting down the potential additional revenue that a at least middle successful/competent Rutgers athletic department can generate. Afterall, this has 0 impact on the number of cable subscribers to the B1G Network, has 0 impact B1G alumni from Michigan St, Ohio St, etc. who live in the NY area who can now go se their football team periodically just an hour or so a way, and may actually help other B1G schools recruit in a talent rich football recruiting territory, etc.

Reaction Score
This comment on Barstool Sports gave me a good chuckle...

"They should just put walls and lookout towers around the Rutgers campus. Cut out the middle man."

This is Rutgers's main issue here. The problems with the football program are ruining the overall image of the university and no one within Rutgers's leadership team seems to get it. I think President Herbst at a UConn event in NYC last year said it best along the lines of - 'athletics is not the most important part of a university; but, its the most visible, its the front porch that people often see first.'

Reaction Score
At.least Rutgers fans have hoops season to look forward to.......

Reaction Score
I wonder if all these issues at Rutgers will make them come to get Diaco at then end of this year. I hope not, but I'm sure their administration has taken notice of what Diaco is doing in Storrs. My initial expectation was that we would have a 5 year window with Diaco in the AAC. Lets hope that holds true.

Reaction Score
I wonder if all these issues at Rutgers will make them come to get Diaco at then end of this year. I hope not, but I'm sure their administration has taken notice of what Diaco is doing in Storrs. My initial expectation was that we would have a 5 year window with Diaco in the AAC. Lets hope that holds true.

Diaco may leave; but, it won't be for Rutgers. Flood is just the tip of the iceberg of problems in New Brunswick. The bigger problems is a AD who is clueless and spineless, a President who is over his head with it comes to D1 Athletics, a faculty union that wants to shut down the football program, and Govenor who is handcuffed about making changes because that would be admitting he made a mistake and can't do that while running for the White House. No sane person would want to be a football coach (or basketball coach) at Rutgers right now.

Reaction Score
Rutgers faculty issue public rebuke of football coach Kyle Flood
http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

>>The resolution read, in part:

"Members of the New Brunswick Faculty Council (NBFC) are shocked and disturbed by recent revelations of unacceptable behavior by Coach Kyle Flood and some members of the Rutgers football team; and "We believe the penalties imposed on Coach Flood are incommensurate with the gravity of his violations of University policies and ethical standards; and

"We believe that the unacceptable behavior described in this report may be symptomatic of a serious decline in ethical and academic standards in the Rutgers football program; and"We believe that the Rutgers administration needs to address serious problems in the football program beyond Coach Flood's violation of the no contact policy.

"Therefore, be it resolved that the New Brunswick Faculty Council calls on the Rutgers administration to act forcefully and expeditiously to address and resolve all the concerns raised in this NBFC report in order to halt and reverse the decline in the ethical and academic standards in our football program and the continuing damage to the University's reputation.''<<

Reaction Score
When one declares war with the media, the media fires back.

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/s...pell-more-trouble-for-rutgers-coach-1.1421440

"And with every punch, Flood is closer to getting counted out for good. 'He’s like a wounded animal in a trap,” is how one well-placed booster described it Tuesday. 'Everybody’s piling on now.' Said another: 'I don’t think Kyle survives. There’s no saving this guy.'"

And my personal favorite...

"Does Rutgers bumbling brain trust – the useless combination of president Robert Barchi and athletic director Julie Hermann..."

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This is Rutgers's main issue here. The problems with the football program are ruining the overall image of the university and no one within Rutgers's leadership team seems to get it. I think President Herbst at a UConn event in NYC last year said it best along the lines of - 'athletics is not the most important part of a university; but, its the most visible, its the front porch that people often see first.'
She stole that line from Calhoun.

Reaction Score
Susan's "front porch" line may not be original but what's clear is how true it is. The genius of Herbst in this arena was in codifying and promoting the official name of the school as "UConn"--not "Connecticut". The UConn name is known around the world, and athletics, specifically basketball, made it so. I'll never forget (true story) being in Israel in the late 1990's at Rosh Hanikra, the tourist site at the Lebanese border. I wanted to take a picture of my wife standing with the guard but wanted my wife to hold the guard's rifle---which was overly bold and stupid I know. I was told "no way". So I looked at him, smiled pleadingly, pointed at myself and said "UConn Huskies". He looked back puzzled and said "UConn Huskies??" I said "yes, UConn Huskies--Nadav Henefeld, Doron Sheffer". "Ahhh", he said knowingly, "UConn Huskies". He then"locked" his rifle and handed it to my wife with a big grin.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Susan's "front porch" line may not be original but what's clear is how true it is. The genius of Herbst in this arena was in codifying and promoting the official name of the school as "UConn"--not "Connecticut". The UConn name is known around the world, and athletics, specifically basketball, made it so. I'll never forget (true story) being in Israel in the late 1990's at Rosh Hanikra, the tourist site at the Lebanese border. I wanted to take a picture of my wife standing with the guard but wanted my wife to hold the guard's rifle---which was overly bold and stupid I know. I was told "no way". So I looked at him, smiled pleadingly, pointed at myself and said "UConn Huskies". He looked back puzzled and said "UConn Huskies??" I said "yes, UConn Huskies--Nadav Henefeld, Doron Sheffer". "Ahhh", he said knowingly, "UConn Huskies". He then"locked" his rifle and handed it to my wife with a big grin.

Hopefully that pipeline will be re-created so I can try that next time I visit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom