OT ~ Rutgers investigating football coach Kyle Flood for possible rules violation (NJ.Com) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT ~ Rutgers investigating football coach Kyle Flood for possible rules violation (NJ.Com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Yet another ex-Rutgers football player arrested, facing burglary charges
http://www.nj.com/middlesex/index.s...l_player_arrested_on_home_i.html#incart_river

My goodness. I was joking earlier when I asked if RU would have enough players left at the end of the year to continue fielding a team. But at this rate, they're going to have to schedule home games at the Middlesex County penitentiary.

It didn't take them long to become the embarrassment of the B1G. Cable Box U.

Reaction Score
Dooley
One could make a pretty convincing case that they were already an embarrassment before they joined the Big 10. It is just more public now.

Reaction Score
While I always enjoy seeing Rutgers in the "bad" news, it's really sad that these young men have essentially ruined their lives. It's one thing to get arrested for fighting, drunk driving or even petty theft.

But what these guys have done is going to probably send them to jail for a long time. I'll never understand how these young adults, with so much talent and a free education, choose to do the things they do.

Just plain sad.

Reaction Score
Note on yet another former Rutgers football player arrested over breaking & entering crime spree (7 so far, 4 active, 3 former) and Carroo's issue.

http://www.northjersey.com/news/rut...nto-concrete-according-to-complaint-1.1410218

"He is accused of “picking her up and slamming her down on a concrete surface, injuring her left hip, both palms, left elbow and left side of the head,” according to the complaint."
If this is true, Carroo is done at Rutgers, especially after the Ray Rice incident, he's not coming back. Normally, based on istory, eh could go to a SEC or XII school after a penance period; but, after Alabama's experience with Taylor (former Georgia player) and Ukwuachu at Baylor (former Boise St player), domestic abuse has become toxic. No one will touch him. Sad story on all sides.

Reaction Score
Sad only on the injured woman's side. I don't feel one bit of sadness towards that POS who did that.

I agree that he must be held for his actions and any man who treats a woman like that is not a man, just a coward. That said, he had a lot of potential, 'free' education at a well regarded university, possible NFL dreams, etc. and threw it all away in (hopefully a one and only) fit of rage and stupidity.

Reaction Score
StevePoliti3:42pm via Twitter Web Client
I'd have to think Norries Wilson would be the interim coach. So many unanswered questions.

StevePoliti3:51pm via Twitter Web Client
The details are coming now. Flood not only emailed the professor, but had an in-person meeting -- and this was after he was told not to.

StevePoliti3:58pm via Twitter Web Client
Good grief. Flood even "provided grammatical and minor editorial suggestions" to a paper in hopes of getting Nadir Barnwell eligible.

DanWolken 4:01pm via Twitter for iPhone
The head coach at Rutgers committed legit academic fraud. Three game suspension.

BryanDFischer 4:01pm via Tweetbot for Mac
This is twice now where Rutgers’ has had an inability to fire its coaches when faced with overwhelming evidence they should be fired.

Reaction Score
How many times can you "Rutger" something before you learn not to "Rutger" something?

Apparently, the answer is never at Rutgers.

Reaction Score
StevePoliti4:08pm via Twitter Web Client
Here is the full letter from Barchi, with a link to the entire report
http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...barchis_letter_suspending_k.html#incart_river

>>As a result of today's findings, we are working with outside counsel to determine if any National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) bylaws have been violated. During the course of the investigation, we informed the NCAA Enforcement staff and we will be working with them on next steps. We will participate in the enforcement/infractions process per our conditions and obligations of membership in the NCAA. <<

Josh19383:59pm via Twitter Web Client
Apparently, Kyle Flood thought he was coaching UNC hoops.

Reaction Score
It is impossible to believe that they can still botch things given all of the things they've botched.

Impossible to believe people are this stupid. How long before Flood's 3 game suspension turns into a firing? Just unbelievable.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
It is impossible to believe that they can still botch things given all of the things they've botched.

Impossible to believe people are this stupid. How long before Flood's 3 game suspension turns into a firing? Just unbelievable.
'Bout 21 days or so?

Reaction Score
So Flood not only broke the rules by improperly influencing faculty, but now he's been exposed as lying about it.

How is this only a 3 game suspension. This seems super lenient to me.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
So Flood not only broke the rules by improperly influencing faculty, but now he's been exposed as lying about it.

How is this only a 3 game suspension. This seems super lenient to me.

So true. Not sure what's a worse look--actions of the head coach or response of the administration. In my opinion, probably the latter.

Reaction Score
Worse than expected, an actual meeting. Outside of UNC and the SEC, that's an automatic dismissal at most colleges and that we before half a dozen football players turned in their scarlet uniforms for orange ones. Rutgers maybe incompetent; but, I have a feeling the B1G may press AD Hermann, if they can find her, to fire Flood. The question is, can Rutgers afford to?

Reaction Score
Worse than expected, an actual meeting. Outside of UNC and the SEC, that's an automatic dismissal at most colleges and that we before half a dozen football players turned in their scarlet uniforms for orange ones. Rutgers maybe incompetent; but, I have a feeling the B1G may press AD Hermann, if they can find her, to fire Flood. The question is, can Rutgers afford to?

To be honest I was actually stunned this wasn't automatic dismissal as well. Pressuring faculty for a grade change is basically the most egregious action a coach can take in terms of interaction with academics.

Reaction Score
This should be a firing for cause...which means no buyout. They should be able to afford that no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom