OT ~ Rutgers investigating football coach Kyle Flood for possible rules violation (NJ.Com) | The Boneyard

OT ~ Rutgers investigating football coach Kyle Flood for possible rules violation (NJ.Com)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...vestigating_football_coach_kyle_flood_fo.html

>>Rutgers head coach Kyle Flood could face a suspension or firing because of impermissible contact with a university faculty member regarding the status of one of his players, two people with knowledge of the situation told NJ Advance Media.

The university's office of general counsel is investigating the severity of the alleged violation, which, the sources said, is focused on an email Flood allegedly sent from a personal account to a faculty member at the university's Mason Gross School of Arts regarding the status of Nadir Barnwell. The junior cornerback is reportedly in danger of being deemed academically ineligible>>

This made me chuckle:
NoEscalators12:55pm via Twitter Web Client
.@bigten Friendly reminder that the AAC (née the Big East), has an EXTREMELY generous return and exchange policy.

Reaction Score
Rutgers gonna Rutgers

But they did fix one thing:

>>Athletic director Julie Hermann referred all questions to the office of university president Robert Barchi, who was not available for comment for this story on Tuesday afternoon.<<

Reaction Score
Kyle Flood reacts to report he is being investigated by Rutgers
http://www.app.com/story/sports/col...25/kyle-flood-investigation-rutgers/32333135/

>>“Let me start by saying I'm disappointed at the tone of the article that (media relations official) Hasim (Phillips) showed me this morning,” Flood told reporters before practice. “I've been the head coach now this is going into my fourth season and I've had a lot of interaction with the teachers on our campus.

“I think that that article not only insults my integrity but it insults the integrity of our faculty. I've come to realize that our faculty here at Rutgers is beyond reproach and I have a tremendous amount of respect for them. Our faculty are a part of our program. Just as recently as the other day, we had two faculty members at our practice.”

“Any correspondence that I had with a professor in regards to a student-athlete would really be of this nature. One, to be in support of whatever decision that faculty member made. And two, to inquire as to whether or not there would be an opportunity to earn a better grade. This practice is not unusual at Rutgers. Many students all over campus receiver what are called”'t grades" -- doing work outside of when the class ends that semester to earn a better grade.”<<

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Rutgers Athletic Department sits on their junk.

In other news, It's Tuesday afternoon.

APA

Reaction Score
http://www.app.com/story/sports/col...25/kyle-flood-investigation-rutgers/32333135/

>>“Let me start by saying I'm disappointed at the tone of the article that (media relations official) Hasim (Phillips) showed me this morning,” Flood told reporters before practice. “I've been the head coach now this is going into my fourth season and I've had a lot of interaction with the teachers on our campus.

“I think that that article not only insults my integrity but it insults the integrity of our faculty. I've come to realize that our faculty here at Rutgers is beyond reproach and I have a tremendous amount of respect for them. Our faculty are a part of our program. Just as recently as the other day, we had two faculty members at our practice.”

“Any correspondence that I had with a professor in regards to a student-athlete would really be of this nature. One, to be in support of whatever decision that faculty member made. And two, to inquire as to whether or not there would be an opportunity to earn a better grade. This practice is not unusual at Rutgers. Many students all over campus receiver what are called”'t grades" -- doing work outside of when the class ends that semester to earn a better grade.”<<
I bet that the faculty would be surprised to know that they are a part of the football program. And by the way--they're not.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

Does 85 qualify as "many" at a school with undergrad enrollment of 45,000 students?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
But they did fix one thing:

>>Athletic director Julie Hermann referred all questions to the office of university president Robert Barchi, who was not available for comment for this story on Tuesday afternoon.<<
"Julie don't say a damn thing to anyone, about anything... ever! We clear?"
[Walks away mumbling "Another damn thing I have to take care of my damn self...."]

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is all a waste of time. Flood was not trying to get the kid a better grade. He was simply trying to educate the professor on proper grading techniques....

I also have full faith Rutgers in-house counsel will conduct a thorough and unbiased investigation....before delivering the already written statement clearing Flood of any wrongdoing.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
What on God's green earth is a T grade...I sure wish they offered those to UConn students. It's too bad those Rutgers kids couldn't get extra credit on the SATs.

Reaction Score
"I've come to realize that our faculty here at Rugters is beyond reproach"

And how did you learn this? Listen I tried everything but it did not work. I've offered money, helicopter rides and hookers but the faculty always says no. Lol

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
This is all a waste of time. Flood was not trying to get the kid a better grade. He was simply trying to educate the professor on proper grading techniques....

I also have full faith Rutgers in-house counsel will conduct a thorough and unbiased investigation....before delivering the already written statement clearing Flood of any wrongdoing.
"This is all a waste of time."- Buddy, what do you think we'll on doing on here? Its merely a waiting room until the season starts! Haha GO HUSKIES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom