OT- Peyton | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT- Peyton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That interior line of David Andrews, Josh Kline and Ryan Wendell.

Against the $250 million dollar men. 3 undrafted OL, one of them a rookie.

Against 4 Pro Bowlers.

Case Closed!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huh? WTF are you talking about? Whacked on something again?

Reaction Score
Huh? WTF are you talking about? Whacked on something again?

Nope, you and superjohn gave me hell for saying Brady's OL is a credit to Brady, wouldn't be good (or even have jobs) without him.

Reaction Score
Rodgers is the best QB I've ever seen. If you were looking to design the perfect quarterback he's pretty much it, he excels at every facet of the position.

Reaction Score
Nope, you and superjohn gave me hell for saying Brady's OL is a credit to Brady, wouldn't be good (or even have jobs) without him.

Guess I will need to see where I said that in this thread so you can prove you're not on any "Tom Brady love pills' or something? Please find that info on my OL thoughts in this thread and I will oblige with an apology.

Reaction Score
Guess I will need to see where I said that in this thread so you can prove you're not on any "Tom Brady love pills' or something? Please find that info on my OL thoughts in this thread and I will oblige with an apology.

Eh, no big deal. It's just this:

ME: "Belichick has figured out that with a good QB, you can basically pick up WRs and OL off the street (because the QB will make the WRs better, and the OL just needs to hold a block for 2 seconds), while putting your resources into the defense.

Defenses must play team football.

On offense, it's all about the QB. I firmly believe this.

I've seen too many David Pattens, David Givenses, Deion Branches, Reche Caldwells, Donte Stallworths, Jabar Gaffneys, and now Brandon LaFells have huge success in New England, while they were average at best elsewhere. Heck, Caldwell was a street free agent.

Then you look at the interior OL. You have people like Peter King lauding them for giving Brady time, and others have said the New England OL is spectacular, but the guys playing against Baltimore this week are street free agents, undrafteds, castoffs. Heck, Josh Kline might be the worst guard in all of football. But when your QB is getting rid of the ball in under 2 seconds, and placing it in precise pot for maximum YAC, then you can get away with just about anyone playing interior OL."

YOU: HOMER.....you are out of control. The guys one of the best but fans like this make it close to despicable.

ME: In fairness, I was responding to superjohn's idea in the previous post that Brady shouldn't be credited for the performance of his OL. It's a crazy idea from superjohn that I was responding to.

David Andrews started at center, Wendell and Josh Kline at guard. Rookies and undrafteds. Plu-and-play. And they were going against a $250 million dollar 4-Pro Bowler D-line: Marcel Dareus, Jerry Hughes, Kyle Williams and Mario Williams.

That's all about Brady. Has very little to do with the ability of Andrews, Kline and Wendell.

Reaction Score
Eh, no big deal. It's just this:

YOU: HOMER.....you are out of control. The guys one of the best but fans like this make it close to despicable.

ME: In fairness, I was responding to superjohn's idea in the previous post that Brady shouldn't be credited for the performance of his OL. It's a crazy idea from superjohn that I was responding to.

David Andrews started at center, Wendell and Josh Kline at guard. Rookies and undrafteds. Plu-and-play. And they were going against a $250 million dollar 4-Pro Bowler D-line: Marcel Dareus, Jerry Hughes, Kyle Williams and Mario Williams.

That's all about Brady. Has very little to do with the ability of Andrews, Kline and Wendell.

Oh yeah I see it:

"HOMER" which obviously means = That interior line of David Andrews, Josh Kline and Ryan Wendell. Against the $250 million dollar men. 3 undrafted OL, one of them a rookie. Against 4 Pro Bowlers.

:eek:

Reaction Score
I'm not a Brady fan or a Patriots fan but I'm starting to come around to upstater's thinking on this matter.

No pass rush ever has a chance to get to him because the receivers are open so damn quickly.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm not a Brady fan or a Patriots fan but I'm starting to come around to upstater's thinking on this matter.

No pass rush ever has a chance to get to him because the receivers are open so damn quickly.

The key to all of it is Brady's ability to identify the best matchups presnap, and get it out accurately before anyone has a chance to take a breath.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Correction: Wendell was inactive for this game. Rookie Shaq Mason was the starter at LG.

Reaction Score

So then is it Brady or the offensive scheme? ;) Obviously it's both because he delivers it so well like Montana, but the offense certainly works wonders for a guy who hates getting hit too. I mean 2 step drops all day and guys are wide open as you say all the time.

Reaction Score
I'm from Indiana so I grew up watching Peyton....it just makes me sad watching him now.....great player great career the second best QB of his time of course I wish he had better performances in the post season but he's still a top 5 QB all time....not too bad....he just can't ever be put ahead of Brady. I'm one of the rare Colts fan that actually acknowledges this and the fact the deflate gate was easily the stupidest and most over blown thing I've ever seen in sports. Everyone hates the Pats and are jealous of their success so they have to find a way to cope with finishing 2nd. You would think after nearly 20 years of losing to the Patriots my idiot owner Jim Irsay would get the hint that maybe we should build a defense that can stop the run and an offense that can actually run the football but he's too busy snorting Vicodin and doesn't know what planet he's on...anyways I hate the Pats but I sure do respect them and find myself defending them when people try to call them cheaters....I hope Peyton retires this year I don't want to see him try to hang on forever and become a joke....

Reaction Score
. . . .but the offense certainly works wonders for a guy who hates getting hit too.
Mau - this isn't fight club. No QB in the league likes "getting hit." We really need to schedule you and Upstater in a cage match or something.
We get it guys. One of you hates the Pats and Brady, the other sleeps with a blow up Brady doll. Of course, he's disappointed nightly because it's out of air by morning.;):p

Reaction Score
I'm from Indiana so I grew up watching Peyton....it just makes me sad watching him now.....great player great career the second best QB of his time of course I wish he had better performances in the post season but he's still a top 5 QB all time....not too bad....he just can't ever be put ahead of Brady. I'm one of the rare Colts fan that actually acknowledges this and the fact the deflate gate was easily the stupidest and most over blown thing I've ever seen in sports. Everyone hates the Pats and are jealous of their success so they have to find a way to cope with finishing 2nd. You would think after nearly 20 years of losing to the Patriots my idiot owner Jim Irsay would get the hint that maybe we should build a defense that can stop the run and an offense that can actually run the football but he's too busy snorting Vicodin and doesn't know what planet he's on...anyways I hate the Pats but I sure do respect them and find myself defending them when people try to call them cheaters....I hope Peyton retires this year I don't want to see him try to hang on forever and become a joke....
Peyton is great but he's behind Rodgers and Brady. Rodgers does things on the field Peyton and Brady couldn't dream of doing.

Reaction Score
So then is it Brady or the offensive scheme? ;) Obviously it's both because he delivers it so well like Montana, but the offense certainly works wonders for a guy who hates getting hit too. I mean 2 step drops all day and guys are wide open as you say all the time.

Hates getting hit huh?

Well, I'll defer to you since I like you, instead of these guys, who are clearly idiots: http://www.danpatrick.com/2013/12/0...-of-new-rules-bradys-toughness-rgiiis-issues/

Justin Tuck and Michael Strahan say Brady takes hits better than anyone. The toughest QB.

If this scheme has resulted in the best offense in the league, you'd think someone would copy it. But no.

Reaction Score
The key to all of it is Brady's ability to identify the best matchups presnap, and get it out accurately before anyone has a chance to take a breath.

Yeah, I tend to think that the position is 40% preparation, 40% ability to innately recognize defensive schemes at the line, and 20% talent.

I'm sure the former two are due in large part to the fact that he plays for arguably the GCOAT.

Reaction Score

It's both, but we see guys like Chip Kelly trying to implement similar schemes with guys like Sam Bradford and it just hasn't worked.

I think Brady's best skill is the way he seems to extract perfection from his receivers in terms of timing and route running.

What I would love to see would be Brady against a Belichick defense.

Reaction Score
Peyton is great but he's behind Rodgers and Brady. Rodgers does things on the field Peyton and Brady couldn't dream of doing.

Rodgers honestly looks like a super-human out there at times. The way he can roll out and fire a ball 50 yards without breaking stride right on the money is just stunning.

Reaction Score
If Shaun Miller's teams could be an NFL player it would be Peyton Manning. Minus Peyton's one championship.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
[QUOTE
Justin Tuck and Michael Strahan say Brady takes hits better than anyone. The toughest QB.

Strahan also said Brady definitely cheated

Reaction Score
Peyton Manning has had an amazing career, so amazing that many people say he's the best QB ever. I've always liked Peyton but he really shouldn't be in the conversation as the best. He is the best regular season guy but whenever the playoffs come around he turns into a shell of himself. I've been saying it for years that the pressure gets to him, a guy who during the season reads defenses as well as anyone and always goes through his progressions turns into a spaz. On almost every play he just takes 2 steps back and gets rid of it on the first guy he locks in on. No sugarcoating it, he was terrible today. He might come back but this does sort of feel like the end, he knows he can't win it all again.
So much depends on the players around a QB and Peyton didn't have the best teams around him. He can no longer throw the out pass with anything on it. It is probably time for him to retire.

Reaction Score
Hates getting hit huh?

Well, I'll defer to you since I like you, instead of these guys, who are clearly idiots: http://www.danpatrick.com/2013/12/0...-of-new-rules-bradys-toughness-rgiiis-issues/

If this scheme has resulted in the best offense in the league, you'd think someone would copy it. But no.

By the way I didn't say he wasn't tough did I? But he clearly whines more than most when hit in times he believes are late hits - 99% of the time they aren't. He's tough, he's great no denying and I din't and never have. But if you don't think that offense suits him, especially now then you're missing the boat. Let me know how many he threw over 15-20 yards Sunday for that 470 yards on 60 passes? Having said that his accuracy is still great and he delivers and reads as well as anyone ever has, utilizes what he has as well or better too.

Reaction Score
By the way I didn't say he wasn't tough did I? But he clearly whines more than most when hit in times he believes are late hits - 99% of the time they aren't. He's tough, he's great no denying and I din't and never have. But if you don't think that offense suits him, especially now then you're missing the boat. Let me know how many he threw over 15-20 yards Sunday for that 470 yards on 60 passes? Having said that his accuracy is still great and he delivers and reads as well as anyone ever has, utilizes what he has as well or better too.

He threw long multiple times. Maybe 10 over 20 yards.
Darts, on target. A few of them dropped by his favorite binkies.

I know people think Brady gets all the calls, but again it's just a hater's myth. He and Manning get fewer calls than anyone else in the league except for Roethlisberger:

Brady has drawn 0.16 roughing the passer calls per 100 attempts compared to 0.15 for Manning. That, for Brady, is one call in every 625 pass attempts, while for Manning it is one call for every 679 attempts. Brady ranks 30th, Manning 31st and Roethlisberger 32nd.

And here's another silly thing: the Brady rule. There is no such rule. The rule against hitting QBs below the knees was instituted in 2006 when Carson Palmer was taken out early in a playoff game.

Reaction Score

this is just a rough estimate but I counted 14 passes that went over 15 yards. so about 23%. he was outstanding on sunday with the deeper passes, and as @upstater mentioned, there were a few drops as well as a couple where he led the WR too far etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom