OT: Pats | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Pats

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The OP is one of them I am sure, don't need to meet him just a post like that is what I speak of. Let's bow to the almighty Pats fans.

Note, Pats fans haven't won anything. Ever.

Just be happy, the rubbing in crap is childish but everywhere here so I am used to it. I've had similar texts all day I promise.

Some of those are just taking the piss, you know.

As far as rubbing it in goes, isn't that what everybody does in sports? I sure as sh~t do when it comes to someone like Cuse. Giants fans love to rub it in Pats faces about those Superbowls (rightfully so).

Are there annoying Pats fans? Absolutely. I get annoyed with some of them.

I personally think any fans of teams that win all the time are annoying as f~ck. Duke Fans, Kentucky fans, etc...

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Well, that's also because Garappolo is pretty damn good. Assuming he lands in a decent situation, I expect that to be born out over the next few years.

When Casell came in that one year for Brady, his stats weren't anything special. They won games because of the D. Remember, that was a championship caliber defense, one that was part of one of the best teams we've seen in decades the year before.

This is how it is for all great QBs actually, if you take into account WHEN the wins occur. The great ones win games consistently when it counts. I don't care if a guy gets 14 wins and then drops first round of the playoffs with a pedestrian performance (Peyton 9 first playoff game exits).

Your point above could be said about Joe Montana and the 49ers. If you plugged in some guy throwing to Jerry Rice, with Roger Craig in the backfield, all those other HOF types, and Bill Walsh at the helm, they'd rack up 10+ wins too. It doesn't actually take away from the QBs greatness.

[Whereas Rodgers takes a 6 win team and they win 10-12 games. Same with Peyton and the Colts all those years.

Brady carried plenty of average teams in his time. They didn't win the Superbowl with those teams of course. 2006 was a great example, where is No 1 receiver was Reche freakin Caldwell. Peyton never played with such a cast of characters in his career. In fact, he played with better weapons damn near his career.

Brady gets the ball out faster than most QBs in the NFL. That's by the numbers. He's also the best at feeling and operating inside the pocket that I've personally seen.

One of the reasons Rodgers offensive line gets so much crap, is that he is outside the pocket so much. His first instinct is to scramble--Brady's first instinct is to move to open space in the pocket.. Once a QB is outside the pocket, any the O line is essentially absolved of any wrong doing. Unless it's by design, lineman are supposed to block so that a QB has (an always changing) space in the pocket somewhere. When a guy is outside, they have no idea where to block.

Russell Wilson's Oline gets maligned for same reason, because he prefers to scramble. Although he has gotten better in that regard. They might not be a bunch of All pros, but they are better than they are given credit for.[/QUOTE]

Scrambling QB's like Rodgers and Wilson afford skills to their team to give that team a greater chance of winning that Brady does not have. Wilson puts pressures on defenses because they have to play him for runs. Rodgers buys time for his receivers by being able to scramble and being able to shoot for accuracy on the run. He truly is amazing. Doesn't take away from the things that Brady does extremely well, which you accurately point out.

Belechick insists on an extreme work ethic. He turns players off because of it. Brady is the perfect complement for that work ethic insistence. It's an incredible gift for Belechick to have your star player insisting on the same thing. Players that want to play for those two are quickly weeded out if they don't have a work ethic.
Belechick, like all good coaches gets the players to play to Brady's strengths and minimize his weaknesses. This duo's incredible talents would have been more than enough to have had success if they never were part of the same team. It was fortuitous for both of them they are together.

Last edited:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The worse thing a coach could ever do when facing belichick is try to play chess against him, that's what the steelers tried to do.

Actually, I'd say the opposite on Defense. The Steelers stubbornly cling to their Dick Lebeau Zone D that has been there for decades, refusing to adjust. It's a solid defensive scheme, but the problem is, a guy like Brady annihilates zone Ds. He's proven it over and over against these guys. Why don't they change? I just don't get it.

Reaction Score
Note, Pats fans haven't won anything. Ever.

Some of those are just taking the piss, you know.

As far as rubbing it in goes, isn't that what everybody does in sports? I sure as sh~t do when it comes to someone like Cuse. Giants fans love to rub it in Pats faces about those Superbowls (rightfully so).

Are there annoying Pats fans? Absolutely. I get annoyed with some of them.

I personally think any fans of teams that win all the time are annoying as f~ck. Duke Fans, Kentucky fans, etc...

Agree with most but I only bring up the 2 super bowls why, because they're saying something annoying like "where are the Giants and Lady Eli this year" seriously you are a good guy and I'm sure have fun with your friends about it as you should. But there's a lot more total ignorant fans in Patriot Nation than you can imagine and as per usual half of them are lucky to know of anyone outside of Brady and Bellechick. It's not about winning all the time I promise you it's not. Because if you knew how to win you wouldn't act that way, it's just a different type of fan. More like the one's who were buying the Ellsbury pink arm bands and now boo him, ya know?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Falcons have inarguably the best offense in the league, the game will be in a dome where Ryan has to have an advantage, and Pats really don't have a great secondary themselves. Atlanta's opponents averaged just 25 more ypg passing than did New England's, who enjoyed playing Ryan Tanehill, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and whoever threw for Buffalo this year lol as opposed to Drew Brees, Mariota, and Winston. I agree it'll probably be a serious shoot-out and am looking forward to it.

You can only play who whose's on the schedule though. People hold it against them (myself included), but the fact is, the last half of the season they've been pretty damn good. Pittsburgh's offense is legit, even without Bell (Deangelo Williams is probably the best backup in the league), they effectively held them to 9 pts.

I don't think the Pats D is great, but it's definitely better than Atlanta's from what I've seen over the course of the season. They have a number of elite players, Malcom Butler, Devin McCourty, and Donte Hightower, and a bunch of solid vets. I'll usually favor defense vs offense in a Superbowl anyway. jmo though.

As to the Ypg, the Pats play a 'bend but don't break' D--they give up a lot of yds, but are stingy as hell with the goal line. As a fan, it's infuriating to watch, because it seems like they are getting lit up. End of the day, the most important defensive stat in football is pts. This style will be tough to implement against the Falcons, given how big the receivers and the impact of that in the red zone.

I think it will be a shoot out as well. Though every time I do think that, a game becomes 24-21 slugfest. So what do I know?

Last edited:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
No I promise you it's the fans who made me dislike them as much as I do, nothing else. As I've stated so many times when I moved here to WesMass I was fine with them, living amongst them, some who are good friends, they never act as if they've been there. Though maybe the first couple was just a maturing process but no, they are who they are and it's not all but it is a majority. Games are unwatchable with most, it's crazy.

The OP is one of them I am sure, don't need to meet him just a post like that is what I speak of. Let's bow to the almighty Pats fans.

Just be happy, the rubbing in crap is childish but everywhere here so I am used to it. I've had similar texts all day I promise.
It's on you man. What the heck were you thinking when you moved to WesMass.;)

But yeah if you're surrounded by the enemy the situation is worse than if you keep them at a distance. There's no doubt in my mind that a Pats or Red Sox fan moving to NY or NJ or SW CT would get hit with the same degree of smack and obnoxious behavior as you're experiencing.

That's the beauty of rivalries. There's barely a pulse here in North Carolina about NY or NE teams.

Reaction Score
Brady is the best ever because of his numbers and he deserves to be labeled as that. Joe Montana wasn't as good, Elway no, Peyton no - it's his now. The one guy with no leg to stand on who I believe may have always been the best was Marino but no measuring stick, have to win.
I think Rodgers and Marino are both better than Montana and Brady. They can both do things Brady and Montana could never dream about but for most people they just base it off of rings. It's a team sport and those guys just never had the teams.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Agree with most but I only bring up the 2 super bowls why, because they're saying something annoying like "where are the Giants and Lady Eli this year" seriously you are a good guy and I'm sure have fun with your friends about it as you should.

That's because they are still smarting about those two Superbowls. :(

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Every QB is a system QB. It's the nature of the sport.

Reaction Score
Brady is the best ever because of his numbers and he deserves to be labeled as that. Joe Montana wasn't as good, Elway no, Peyton no - it's his now. The one guy with no leg to stand on who I believe may have always been the best was Marino but no measuring stick, have to win.

I feel the same way about Marino.

Reaction Score
I think Rodgers and Marino are both better than Montana and Brady. They can both do things Brady and Montana could never dream about but for most people they just base it off of rings. It's a team sport and those guys just never had the teams.

There are things Brady can do that Rodgers can't. That goes for Marino too. Marino was so stiff, he could not throw accurately to the flat. This probably goes for all QBs. There are things JaMarcus Nelson can do that no other QB can do. Jeff George was the best thrower ever. No one threw harder than Elway, etc.

Reaction Score
300 yards on dumps to little 6 foot speedstes (Hogan & Julian)

The pats are like bad college football, unwatchable. Football as a whole is a joke of a product regardless of the ratings.

Reaction Score
Mau, like and respect you dude but reading your posts here your coming off as a whiney b*t*ch.

If I was a whining bitch I wouldn't say they were going to win and Brady is great as is Bill. Not sure what you don't get your fans are bandwagon fans it's that simple, they were zero until 2000's. Not all of them I am quite sure as I know quite a few older guys who liked the Giants for years but changed when things started changing like getting the team on TV, not just winning. These type as well as those who were fans before they became prominent in the game are really solid football fans. But if you are one of those pink elastic sleeve wearing fans then maybe you would think I'm whining huh? You know nothing about WesMass but many grew up Giant fans because they didn't get the Pats on TV because no one cared. Then poof, 2000's and Kraft, Brady, Bill and little by little it became impossible to get away from them, I've watched it in full bore. And the more there are the less there are of knowledgable fans who you can actually have a conversation with about the game itself. Sorry it's true at least in this area may be totally different in Boston, NH, ME I don't know I can only speak for the obvious.

But hey I'm whining - whatever still like and respect you too, for a few minutes more. I will wait to validate that after your next reply!;)

Reaction Score
Your ******* nuts.

Yep he is. Yesterday was crazy though huh, I mean people were WIDE open last night but some were the great routes thrown in by Bill and the OC, tremendous stuff where DB's had to choose who to follow and were wrong a lot. Thought it was fun to see the replay and how it was drawn out. But over the years and this year too he shows his laser accuracy on frozen ropes he needs the throw too. He's the real deal, think he's turned into a baby but he's the best no matter.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
You like watching this crap they play with little Brady slants and dumps

It's boring garbage
No. It's unstoppable brilliance. All those slants and dumps are hot reads on the defensive coverage and pressure being exerted on the QB. They are more like backdoor plays on an over aggressive basketball defense.

Reaction Score
There are things Brady can do that Rodgers can't. That goes for Marino too. Marino was so stiff, he could not throw accurately to the flat. This probably goes for all QBs. There are things JaMarcus Nelson can do that no other QB can do. Jeff George was the best thrower ever. No one threw harder than Elway, etc.
I don't know who JaMarcus Nelson is and disagree that Jeff George is the best thrower ever. I think Rodgers, Elway, Marino, Moon, Kelly and Favre are all better throwers than George. These are all just personal preference and opinion. I think Rodgers, Elway and Marino are better than Montana, Brady and Bradshaw.

Reaction Score
I hope Beasely lights up Brady a couple times and they level those weasels Edelman and Hogan on crossing routes

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom