OT: Pats | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Pats

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

I had an pithy retort to your girly accusation but instead I think that I'll just laugh at this.

You win. Well played.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
You almost had me there, until that last line. The Giants will always be what stands between the Pats and the greatest run in football history. As it is, I think it's still pretty close.
It's still one of the top two greatest runs in football history. The only other that rivals it is the Packers of the late 50s/60s. Alas, the NFL of today and the NFL of yester-year are not the same game. That and living through it, makes my appreciate the Pats run a little more.

Husky25

Reaction Score

What I've come to understand from people who have come through New England and left, is that the level of work and preparation they do is unprecedented. Guys like Marvin Harrison Reggie Wayne, a probable HoF receiver, come in and simply can't even hack it and quit.

All good points except this.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
You almost had me there, until that last line. The Giants will always be what stands between the Pats and the greatest run in football history. As it is, I think it's still pretty close.
Yes and I enjoyed every minute of those Giant victories
I hold Eli in high esteem and thank him for what he has brought to the Giants But I still wish Brady was my QB and Belechick was my coach.
Why not want the best?

Reaction Score
3. They also have arguably the worst pass defense in the NFL. Should be a good game.

Falcons have inarguably the best offense in the league, the game will be in a dome where Ryan has to have an advantage, and Pats really don't have a great secondary themselves. Atlanta's opponents averaged just 25 more ypg passing than did New England's, who enjoyed playing Ryan Tanehill, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and whoever threw for Buffalo this year lol as opposed to Drew Brees, Mariota, and Winston. I agree it'll probably be a serious shoot-out and am looking forward to it.

Reaction Score
How about this one?

200_s.gif

Ouch!! Must you rub it in our faces? Anyway the man and team are the best, sorta like the Bulls with Jordan. Brady with time is a magician, maestro and General all in one. As a suffering Giant fan I'd like to believe TB is relieved Eli is out. LOL

Falcons only chance is to score a hellava lot points and hope its enough cuz they ain't stopping TB.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Ouch!! Must you rub it in our faces? Anyway the man and team are the best, sorta like the Bulls with Jordan. Brady with time is a magician, maestro and General all in one. As a suffering Giant fan I'd like to believe TB is relieved Eli is out. LOL

Falcons only chance is to score a hellava lot points and hope its enough cuz they ain't stopping TB.

Eli is irrelevant. Now the Giants' pass rushers, no, Brady doesn't like to see them. But he faced the best pass rush in the league last week against Houston.

As a Patriots fan, I am worried about Atlanta, but the Patriots' defense has given up yards but not points all year long. It was the #1 scoring defense in the league, and that wasn't a fluke. The Patriots live on taking away big plays and star offensive players and making the offense get multiple first downs in order to score. It should be a hell of a game.

Husky25

Reaction Score

Husky25

Reaction Score
Falcons have inarguably the best offense in the league, the game will be in a dome where Ryan has to have an advantage, and Pats really don't have a great secondary themselves. Atlanta's opponents averaged just 25 more ypg passing than did New England's, who enjoyed playing Ryan Tanehill, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and whoever threw for Buffalo this year lol as opposed to Drew Brees, Mariota, and Winston. I agree it'll probably be a serious shoot-out and am looking forward to it.
Brady is 26-4 in domes/retractable roofs and the Falcons were 5-3 at home this season. I don't see Ryan having much of an advantage in that area.

Also, the Patriots had the lowest PA and the largest scoring margin in the league, and while the Falcons had the highest SoS, in terms of 2015 results, the Patriots clocked in at #9 and routinely have a difficult schedule by virtue of winning their division virtually every year. Team Defense? New England has the edge in terms of yardage allowed in both Passing (12:28) and Rushing (3:17).

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I've never discredited Belichick. Always said he's by far the best coach of his generation, he plays chess while the rest play checkers. He's the best coach ever IMO.

As far as Brady goes, you can only put up so many records, perform so well in the clutch, and record so many wins. If people don't give him credit despite all that, then they just don't want to be converted.

Might as well not give any credit to Montana either, since he was coached by Walsh, and played with Rice and all those hall of famers.

Reaction Score
Brady and Belichick headed for Super Bowl #7 (and hopefully Win #5) and no conspiracy theorists here today? What, don't people think that they made a dirty play to injur Bell? Or grease that ball the Pittsburgh receiver dropped in the end zone? Awful quiet around here.GO PATS!!!

Wonder why people hate them - well here you go!

Reaction Score
As far as Brady goes, you can only put up so many records, perform so well in the clutch, and record so many wins. If people don't give him credit despite all that, then they just don't want to be converted.

Might as well not give any credit to Montana either, since he was coached by Walsh, and played with Rice and all those hall of famers.
Never thought Montana was the best ever either, I don't base the best on number of titles.

Reaction Score
Eli is irrelevant. Now the Giants' pass rushers, no, Brady doesn't like to see them. But he faced the best pass rush in the league last week against Houston.

As a Patriots fan, I am worried about Atlanta, but the Patriots' defense has given up yards but not points all year long. It was the #1 scoring defense in the league, and that wasn't a fluke. The Patriots live on taking away big plays and star offensive players and making the offense get multiple first downs in order to score. It should be a hell of a game.

Irrelevant why? Makes no sense, this would make Brady irrelevant then I assume in those 2 games he lost?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Been saying this for years. I am certain that if Garappolo played all 18 games for the Pats this year, they would be in the exact same position. Probably wouldn't go 14-2, but would win the division and beat Houston and Pitt. No doubt about it.

Well, that's also because Garappolo is pretty damn good. Assuming he lands in a decent situation, I expect that to be born out over the next few years.

When Casell came in that one year for Brady, his stats weren't anything special. They won games because of the D. Remember, that was a championship caliber defense, one that was part of one of the best teams we've seen in decades the year before.

Brady is great. But you could take a middle of the road average NFL qb and they win 10-12 games in the Pats system every year. Brady is worth an extra 2 wins.

This is how it is for all great QBs actually, if you take into account WHEN the wins occur. The great ones win games consistently when it counts. I don't care if a guy gets 14 wins and then drops first round of the playoffs with a pedestrian performance (Peyton 9 first playoff game exits).

Your point above could be said about Joe Montana and the 49ers. If you plugged in some guy throwing to Jerry Rice, with Roger Craig in the backfield, all those other HOF types, and Bill Walsh at the helm, they'd rack up 10+ wins too. It doesn't actually take away from the QBs greatness.

[Whereas Rodgers takes a 6 win team and they win 10-12 games. Same with Peyton and the Colts all those years.[/quote]

Brady carried plenty of average teams in his time. They didn't win the Superbowl with those teams of course. 2006 was a great example, where is No 1 receiver was Reche freakin Caldwell. Peyton never played with such a cast of characters in his career. In fact, he played with better weapons damn near his career.

Brady sat back in the pocket all day yesterday surveyed the field and then threw it to a receiver who was 3 yards from the closest Pitt defender.

Brady gets the ball out faster than most QBs in the NFL. That's by the numbers. He's also the best at feeling and operating inside the pocket that I've personally seen.

One of the reasons Rodgers offensive line gets so much crap, is that he is outside the pocket so much. His first instinct is to scramble--Brady's first instinct is to move to open space in the pocket.. Once a QB is outside the pocket, any the O line is essentially absolved of any wrong doing. Unless it's by design, lineman are supposed to block so that a QB has (an always changing) space in the pocket somewhere. When a guy is outside, they have no idea where to block.

Russell Wilson's Oline gets maligned for same reason, because he prefers to scramble. Although he has gotten better in that regard. They might not be a bunch of All pros, but they are better than they are given credit for.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Wonder why people hate them - well here you go!
I'd hate UConn as well if I depended on fans behaviors to determine which teams I like. But I get that you're making a dig.

Reaction Score
Brady is the best ever because of his numbers and he deserves to be labeled as that. Joe Montana wasn't as good, Elway no, Peyton no - it's his now. The one guy with no leg to stand on who I believe may have always been the best was Marino but no measuring stick, have to win.

Reaction Score
I'd hate UConn as well if I depended on fans behaviors to determine which teams I like. But I get that you're making a dig.

No I promise you it's the fans who made me dislike them as much as I do, nothing else. As I've stated so many times when I moved here to WesMass I was fine with them, living amongst them, some who are good friends, they never act as if they've been there. Though maybe the first couple was just a maturing process but no, they are who they are and it's not all but it is a majority. Games are unwatchable with most, it's crazy.

The OP is one of them I am sure, don't need to meet him just a post like that is what I speak of. Let's bow to the almighty Pats fans.

Just be happy, the rubbing in crap is childish but everywhere here so I am used to it. I've had similar texts all day I promise.

Reaction Score
No I promise you it's the fans who made me dislike them as much as I do, nothing else. As I've stated so many times when I moved here I was fine with them, living amongst them, some who are good friends, they never act as if they've been there. Though maybe the first couple was just a maturing process but no, they are who they are and it's not all but it is a majority. Games are unwatchable with most, it's crazy.
Every single sentence totally resonates with me, growing up in central Jersey then living in Storrs and Boston for 7 years

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Brady is the best ever because of his numbers and he deserves to be labeled as that. Joe Montana wasn't as good, Elway no, Peyton no - it's his now. The one guy with no leg to stand on who I believe may have always been the best was Marino but no measuring stick, have to win.

I'd agree about Marino. He was unreal in his time. He's the ultimate what if. He did have a HOF coach. And at the same time, you can't really tip anything in his favor without the success to back it up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom