OT: LA Tech WBB Coach impregnates player | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: LA Tech WBB Coach impregnates player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
He's heading to a life of booze and drugs I'm afraid. Better be loving God real soon because he just changed his for a really long time.

Is he a good big man's coach by any chance?
Keep him away from Geno's girls - sure.

We all should be granted second chances.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I wonder how his wife feels about second chances.
That's a big question for sure. Hillary forgave Bill for Monica, granted no kid, as far as we know!

It may come down to 'faith' - but I have none.

If I was in the situation, I am fairly sure no 2nd chance from Lovely...

I almost needed alternate housing after Tulane trip...and I did nothing remotely close to this, as I remember pieces of the weekend.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Then my inbox is swamped with people from both sides of the argument asking me to ban the other. It was just easier to tell people to act like grownups.

Harder to get them to actually do it! ;)

I kid, I kid.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
That's a big question for sure. Hillary forgave Bill for Monica, granted no kid, as far as we know!
It may come down to 'faith' - but I have none.

Not to get political, but that's a totally different situation. Bill and Hill are business/political partners, more than anything. It's a marriage of expediency and power.

This one was supposedly more in the traditional vein of love/fidelity/family etc.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
No, it's because the majority of people there are older men that see the women's team players as granddaughters and become somewhat emotionally attached. If anyone says anything critical, it's an assault on "their girl" and there are nasty flame wars which get ugly, fast. Then my inbox is swamped with people from both sides of the argument asking me to ban the other. It was just easier to tell people to act like grownups.
So you are the primary force behind the "cultural" difference!:cool: Hard to teach old husky dogs new tricks says I who fits the old dog descriptor.

You are one of the rare members of the female species who understands the male psyche. Yes I know you grew up with a herd of brothers. But so have a lot of other lasses and they aren't quite as understanding or tolerant when male testosterone goes wild.

As you well know this forum goes through equally ugly flame wars. I'm suspecting Fishy is reaching a limit on tolerating it. It's a tougher balancing act in this forum given the wider diversity of posters backgrounds.

Personally I look at the wide spectrum of reactions people have towards any subject or towards one another in a multitude of ways. Sometimes it's educational or interesting. Sometimes it's sad. Other times I'm indifferent and just tune out the cacophony. More recently I find it to be somewhat entertaining. I actually get some pleasure in observing the inability of people to accommodate other peoples differences or to figure out a way to handle tension without seeking some authority to handle it for them.

We rarely have the ability to bend someone to our will. Imposing a decree on someone like @August_West and getting that individual to stupidly accept it rarely occurs in this forum.
So my question to you is as follows. Was your choice to insist people act like grown ups a decision of rationality and practicality, a decision of altruism, a decision of necessity, a decision of convenience? Or was the decision based on an "enlightened female" realizing she has the power to assert control over a bunch of intelligent but immature males? I'm asking this rhetorically so I don't want an answer. But every fiber of my being is hoping that this last element factored into your decision.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
We rarely have the ability to bend someone to our will. Imposing a decree on someone like @August_West and getting that individual to stupidly accept it rarely occurs in this forum.

It's easy to manipulate cultists like @August_West. Mojo's a helluva drug.

So my question to you is as follows. Was your choice to insist people act like grown ups a decision of rationality and practicality, a decision of altruism, a decision of necessity, a decision of convenience? Or was the decision based on an "enlightened female" realizing she has the power to assert control over a bunch of intelligent but immature males? I'm asking this rhetorically so I don't want an answer. But every fiber of my being is hoping that this last element factored into your decision.

I'll hazard a guess that it was all the mods, and had to do both with self preservation and overall cattiness on the board. I think it started to be enforced during the TN/Summitt years, when anything involving TN was damn near unreadable. People would bring stuff over from their board and go off.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I feel bad for Coach Summit, his wife will probably divorce him. Fortunately his mother is willing to forgive and forget.
And forgive and forget.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
As you well know this forum goes through equally ugly flame wars. I'm suspecting Fishy is reaching a limit on tolerating it. It's a tougher balancing act in this forum given the wider diversity of posters backgrounds.
Youse guys are different from the older gentlemen on the women's board. As someone pointed out earlier in this thread, you can call someone a name, insult his intelligence - and maybe his paternity - then go out for pizza and beers afterwards. All is forgiven and forgotten.

On the women's board, there are posters that will hate Stanford coach Tara Vanderveer forever for not playing Rebecca Lobo more on the 1996 Olympic Team or for her comment that she recruited five Nykesha Sales. Jeff Jacobs actually got death threats for his criticism of the arrangement to get Sales the UConn scoring record. UConn women's fans never forgive and heaven knows they never forget. That's because it's personal while the men's team fans know it's just sports.

Ah, well, I hate to use the analogy, but at the time I became a mod I was the mom of toddlers and their behavior was, ah, sorta kinda the same so I just used the same principles on the women's board. Teddy was onto something with that "talk softly and carry a big stick" quote. I'm not sure where that fits into your choices but there it is.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
It's easy to manipulate cultists like @August_West. Mojo's a helluva drug.

I'll hazard a guess that it was all the mods, and had to do both with self preservation and overall cattiness on the board. I think it started to be enforced during the TN/Summitt years, when anything involving TN was damn near unreadable. People would bring stuff over from their board and go off.
Getting a rational explanation to what was intended to be a ha ha is grounds for putting someone on the ignore list.;)

I actually enjoyed those TN threads. They brought out the true colors of a group that insisted they were above the fray. I felt the Kolinahr moment.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Youse guys are different from the older gentlemen on the women's board. As someone pointed out earlier in this thread, you can call someone a name, insult his intelligence - and maybe his paternity - then go out for pizza and beers afterwards. All is forgiven and forgotten.

On the women's board, there are posters that will hate Stanford coach Tara Vanderveer forever for not playing Rebecca Lobo more on the 1996 Olympic Team or for her comment that she recruited five Nykesha Sales. Jeff Jacobs actually got death threats for his criticism of the arrangement to get Sales the UConn scoring record. UConn women's fans never forgive and heaven knows they never forget. That's because it's personal while the men's team fans know it's just sports.

Ah, well, I hate to use the analogy, but at the time I became a mod I was the mom of toddlers and their behavior was, ah, sorta kinda the same so I just used the same principles on the women's board. Teddy was onto something with that "talk softly and carry a big stick" quote. I'm not sure where that fits into your choices but there it is.
I'm an older dude but I did love Peter Pan growing up.

For some of us it's a sport to attack one another's ideas and for those of us who don't take it personally we can laugh about it over a drink or three. But there is an element in this forum that takes things personally or can't be wrong. This condition is not age related. What I find different in the two forums is the degree at which the women's forum posters attempt to inject intellectualism into their vitriol. Most of the hits in this forum are juvenile. We're the Three Stooges to your Groucho!

So the motherly condition is behind your choice. No reasonable mother should allow chaos to ensue if they want their kids to have the greatest chance to survive and thrive. But those old f*rts are grown up. I would have been a lot meaner than you and allowed them to fester in their steaming anger. It would have done the world some good to have one or more of them croak from their anger. I would have rationalized it as an opportunity for the young. It would help SS. But I'm a male lacking motherly instincts.

I bet those old coots are thrilled to have a parental unit in their lives giving them the type of guidance that they didn't have growing up. Nicely done Nan.

And yes I interject seriousness with humor making it very difficult to know if I'm serious or not in my statements. And this occurs even when I'm conversing in the presence of people.

Reaction Score
summitt1pg-vertical.jpg
Come on, no comnents about Tyler needing to learn where NOT to stick that finger? And what is that outfit Pat is wearing? Was she blind?

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Come on, no comnents about Tyler needing to learn where NOT to stick that finger? And what is that outfit Pat is wearing? Was she blind?
Jeez, is he wearing a girdle in the picture?? That belt is so tight it looks like he's being made into a human sausage link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom