OT: LA Tech WBB Coach impregnates player | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: LA Tech WBB Coach impregnates player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
Good Gawd, the jokes are writing themselves.

Ms. Pumroy's quotes from the article.

“He has an open door policy,” said Louisiana Tech guard Brooklyn Pumroy. “Even though he is 24 or 25, I don’t even know. To me he’s 46. After you’re with him on the court so many times, the maturity level he has on the court transfers off the court so it’s just as easy to get advice on anything.”

“It’s not about wins and championships,” said Summitt. “Those things are great but it’s about relationships. Helping these young ladies improve at life and not just basketball and that’s why I think the women’s game is so special.”
Oh, that's nothing! Just wait till you read this August 2015 gem from the La. Tech athletics website:

Pumroy: Bow Head Turns Baller

Pumroy is battle-tested. She has the scars to prove it, literally and figuratively.

"I spent so much time with Coach Tyler, like two hours a day watching and learning the vocabulary and watching other players," Pumroy said.

A young point guard learning from a young assistant coach, countless hours mentoring through film study and more.

"Brooke and I have been developing a relationship for almost four years now," Summitt said.

More from Tyler: "I'm proud of her development. She has come a long way since her freshman year at Marquette."

And finally, Pumroy on transferring to La. Tech: "I was comfortable (at Marquette). I had already made my home and got my starting spot. But I got to thinking more about it. I knew God was telling me to do it. I still had no idea where we were going. Coach Tyler wouldn't talk to us because he is so big about following the rules."

I mean, what more can you say?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
The power of the poon.

Wars have been fought. Careers have been ruined. Fortunes have been lost.
Epic poems have been written. And high school students have been forced to write reports on the epic poems. And forgot to read it until the day before the assignment was due.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
What does innocence have to do with this?

This has two factors to it, both of which are career killers. One, does the school want to continue employing someone who plays favorites with his authority, thereby leaving his school liable to any potential lawsuits? Two, does the school want to employ a coach who needs to recruit players by occasionally speaking to their parents?

I think his pint was that two girls transferred with him from Marquette to La Tech. One of the girls is considered a possibility since the correct girl hasn't been identified.

In order to clear her name and reputation she automatically outs the other girl.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Oh, that's nothing! Just wait till you read this August 2015 gem from the La. Tech athletics website:

Pumroy: Bow Head Turns Baller

Pumroy is battle-tested. She has the scars to prove it, literally and figuratively.

"I spent so much time with Coach Tyler, like two hours a day watching and learning the vocabulary and watching other players," Pumroy said.

A young point guard learning from a young assistant coach, countless hours mentoring through film study and more.

"Brooke and I have been developing a relationship for almost four years now," Summitt said.

More from Tyler: "I'm proud of her development. She has come a long way since her freshman year at Marquette."

And finally, Pumroy on transferring to La. Tech: "I was comfortable (at Marquette). I had already made my home and got my starting spot. But I got to thinking more about it. I knew God was telling me to do it. I still had no idea where we were going. Coach Tyler wouldn't talk to us because he is so big about following the rules."

I mean, what more can you say?
I'll say they were developing a relationship....EDIT: His wife is HOT, she is not.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
I hope she was worth it. I've made a couple wrong head decisions in my life but certainly nothing this dumb. I once dated a person who reported to me (well 'dated' may not be the right term.... ) which was stupid but I worked in a field with more career opportunities and left before anyone found out. He was a chip of the old block. Neither his mom nor he could resist female athletes.

The Summits just can't resist the sheela na gig....

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Things get pretty spicy in Louisiana. Anyone remember this?

Pokey Chatman

Here's Pokey:
LGJVAXPNYLLCWAQ.20060328234518.jpg

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Reading the board on the women's thread and then reading our thread. You can understand the problems we have in our society when it comes to sexual relationships.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Reading the board on the women's thread and then reading our thread. You can understand the problems we have in our society when it comes to sexual relationships.
Not sure if you are aware that most of those posters are male. There are difference of opinion and appropriateness over every thing unless people exist under an oppressive regime. In that case everyone thinks, feels and acts the same about everything and exist in a kumbaya relationship.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Anyone acting like the girl doesn't deserve equal shame in this is wrong. "Superiority?" Give me a break, you act like he said ck me or you won't play. This wasn't ra pe or assault, it was consensual between the two of them. Yes the guys a moron because he's married and all the future earning potential he had is out of the window, I understand that. But this young lady followed him(Literally moved from Marquette to Louisiana), probably knew he was married, and still went ahead with it. He's lucky he's going to inherit a lot of money, because I don't see him getting another coaching gig, at least for a long while.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Anyone acting like the girl doesn't deserve equal shame in this is wrong. "Superiority?" Give me a break, you act like he said ck me or you won't play. This wasn't ra pe or assault, it was consensual between the two of them. Yes the guys a moron because he's married and all the future earning potential he had is out of the window, I understand that. But this young lady followed him(Literally moved from Marquette to Louisiana), probably knew he was married, and still went ahead with it. He's lucky he's going to inherit a lot of money, because I don't see him getting another coaching gig, at least for a long while.
She's responsible. He's responsible. And there is some argument he used his position to manipulate her. But that's subjective and a bigger blur because she is an adult and their age discrepancy is minimal. The big discrepancy is hierarchy of positions.

The bigger issue is how some of these bozos respond when there is a male adolescent taken to the shed by a female teacher. Different strokes for different folks.

polycom

Reaction Score
Not sure if you are aware that most of those posters are male. There are difference of opinion and appropriateness over every thing unless people exist under an oppressive regime. In that case everyone thinks, feels and acts the same about everything and exist in a kumbaya relationship.

Just because they are male doesn't change the fact overall people view sexual relationships very differently. It isn't about their sex its about their view...

Reaction Score

I see you're new around here. Welcome.

polycom

Reaction Score
She's responsible. He's responsible. And there is some argument he used his position to manipulate her. But that's subjective and a bigger blur because she is an adult and their age discrepancy is minimal. The big discrepancy is hierarchy of positions.

The bigger issue is how some of these bozos respond when there is a male adolescent taken to the shed by a female teacher. Different strokes for different folks.

No need to call names. However, any argument that says he used his position to manipulate her is 100% speculation. The only thing we know is that 2 adults of consenting age had sex and the woman is now pregnant. We also know that 1 adult was a superior to the other adult. That's all we know. How do we know the women didn't purse the coach and he just didn't have enough self control to say no? We don't.

Last edited:

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Just because they are male doesn't change the fact overall people view sexual relationships very differently. It isn't about their sex its about their view...
Agree. And understood your point. Sorry if I didn't clarify my position. I wasn't sure if people knew the population make up of the different forums. It's fascinating that the moderation on that site insists on a more defined approach to topics. It's done because several of the posters prefer that approach. There really is a "cultural" variation between the women's bb forum and the men's bb forum.

But you are correct that there is a wide variation in what we perceive as morally acceptable.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Summitt’s annual salary was $175,000. During his tenure he was also reimbursed for use of a personal vehicle for university-related activities and received a country club membership.

Someone posted this on the other board. What a moron

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
She's responsible. He's responsible. And there is some argument he used his position to manipulate her.s.
Anyone acting like the girl doesn't deserve equal shame in this is wrong. "Superiority?" .

They are going so far as to say that because he was in a position of power, the sex was non consensual, as it would be considered if he molested a 6 year old. Bananaland.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
No need to call names. However, any argument that says he used his position to manipulate her is 100% speculation. The only thing we know is that 2 adults of consenting age had sex and the woman is now pregnant. We also know that 1 date was a superior to another adult. That's all we know. How do we know the women didn't purse the coach and he just didn't have enough self control to say no? We don't.
Just a friendly jab at people who say different things "depending" on varying reference points. This forum has a different approach to civility than the women's forum. It's neither better or worse in the total picture of how humanity should approach issues.

Reaction Score
They are going so far as to say that because he was in a position of power, the sex was non consensual, as it would be considered if he molested a 6 year old. Bananaland.
Well, that seems to be the prevailing view among the "feminists" and their sympathizers these days. And that view is... I don't know if "growing" is the right term, because I don't think anyone is being convinced that's the right approach, but the people who DO believe that are using every lever of power they can manage to force that view on the entire nation, one piece at a time.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
We are men. We call each other names on one thread and three minutes later we like that same guy's post on another thread. Can't take it personally.
Even the women who post in this forum take things like a man. Eggshell walking is out. Posterizing posters is in. Whether it's ten toes in or nine toes in matters not. Even if the missing toe went to @beakumhawks we'll nail the less than all in dude anyways and laugh about it afterwards over a good beer and pizza.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
I can understand his desire to be with her. Why would she want him? She could have done better by walking into any gin joint in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom