OT: How did you choose your Boneyard username? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: How did you choose your Boneyard username?

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Alternatively, is there any meaning behind your choice of avatar? (Mau, you don’t need to answer this question; and I agree, by the way.)

My avatar is my favorite KO moment. The power scream from the 2014 NCAA tournament. Enhanced with the super saiyan treatment.

There were two made at the time, and some people here say they like the 2nd, more 'professional' one (here). But I preferred the one below. It was more electric, more raw and gritty, more powerful....exemplified taking the stairs:

AuYWjs4.gif

It was actually modeled off the best super saiyan gif of all time, the great Miguel Herrera:

frnXxyM.gif

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Somebody else appropriated my real name in one of the many switches from one site to another, so I started using my dad's name to honor him. He was a huge Husky fan, and I'm the same smart ass he was (OK, probably a lot worse), so his presence is still being felt here long after his passing 35 years ago.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It's a beer. In fact, it is Be Hoppy, from Wormtown Brewing. The logo for which is:

And no photo or beer manipulation occurred. I lifted the glass, and that is what I saw.

ahahahahhahaha I literally looked at that thing for a minute long. The best I came up with was a weird circular silk screen print (a bad one at that) of a smiley face. Now that I can 'see' the beer -> dumb arse. In fairness, it's a small screen. But still -> dumb arse.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It's a beer. In fact, it is Be Hoppy, from Wormtown Brewing. The logo for which is:
beer_119521.jpg

And no photo or beer manipulation occurred. I lifted the glass, and that is what I saw.
That's wild. A beer version of tea cup reading.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
In my mind it is brilliant. I should just keep it in my mind.

You asked for it. I wanted a name that had something to do with Connecticut given my preference for ct in my former, but no longer accessible name, ctchamps. I was born in Ct and went to UConn. So CT, Conn, uconn, UConn were bandied about.

I love to bring together many references and I was still upset about ctchamps so I figured I'd corrupt conn to con ( I felt conned out of my old name) and do my best Charlie Chan imitation (Chinese detective I loved to watch growing up sometime during the Ming Dynasty when it was accepted to hear actors portraying Chinese characters pronouncing l's for r's) and put my philosophical bent together with the claims people made regarding my arm chair psychology. So con is for connecticut and confucius and being conned, fleud is freud as would have been pronounced by Charlie Chan who often quoted confucius, freud is for The Sigmund variety and the slip is for Freudian slip which Sigmund would have attributed to my preference of utilizing Chan's incorrect pronunciation and my misuse of con for conn, all indicating my unrepressed anger for not being able to use ctchamps.

So Confucius says (as stated by Charlie Chan) I made a Fleudian Slip when I wrote con. I was so screaming angry I wanted to write fleudslipkahn but I figured that would be too obscure (and nerdy) and eliminate any UConn reference.

The entire scope of this exercise with all the play of the words and the multiple meanings took less than a minute. Since neither of my parents were drug users I've often wondered if they adopted me and I was the product of one or both parents who habitually took LSD.
That is deep man!

ctchamps

Reaction Score
That is deep man!
I'd say more like far out and would like @August_West's wife to determine if I have antennae (reference from the Tau of wife thread). My mind loves to juxtapose a lot of different things which can be creative at times but hampers the ability to focus. My wife and son are infrequently kind. They sometimes say I'm from an alien world and accidentally left here by aliens. Most of the time they don't pull punches and just say I'm strange.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
1998 I was really bored and needed an internet fix for UConn. Followed internet links to McDs old UConn site and found the Yard. I scaled a rear fence and fell in. I lurked for a week and had to post in a thread called "Hot Chicks of the Boneyard" which was top 3 ranking of Husky women hoopsters. Took the nickname of my fave Husky back at that time.

Damn you Israeli Army!!!!

I always thought it was a Mandeldove tribute. I've learned something today.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I'd say more like far out and would like @August_West's wife to determine if I have antennae (reference from the Tau of wife thread). My mind loves to juxtapose a lot of different things which can be creative at times but hampers the ability to focus. My wife and son are infrequently kind. They sometimes say I'm from an alien world and accidentally left here by aliens. Most of the time they don't pull punches and just say I'm strange.

wow, my wife would love you. She is convinced that our dog got abducted, had his paw shaved and a needle inserted into it.

I have to update that thread because a different classic came out last night.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
That's wild. A beer version of tea cup reading.

It was very wild as it happened. Very much...holy s%&$. Wormtown thought it was really cool and tweeted it out.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
My avatar is my favorite KO moment. The power scream from the 2014 NCAA tournament. Enhanced with the super saiyan treatment.

There were two made at the time, and some people here say they like the 2nd, more 'professional' one (here). But I preferred the one below. It was more electric, more raw and gritty, more powerful....exemplified taking the stairs:

AuYWjs4.gif

It was actually modeled off the best super saiyan gif of all time, the great Miguel Herrera:

frnXxyM.gif

OK, but what about the name?

ctchamps

Reaction Score
You and a lot of men have that dedication also.
Do you watch "Dancing with the Stars"? Von Miller (Super Bowl MVP) is paired up with Witney Carson and their rehearsals are non stop rooten tooten.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Mine is pretty straight forward. CL82 is the hull designation for the old USS Providence which was sold for scrap in 1980. Dave Garrett coached Providence until the formation of the Big East in 1979, with UConn joining as a founding member. Both events marked the end of Providence being a New England power. So I took a handle that makes a fairly obvious jab at the Friars, since 1980 was the year their program should have been scrapped.

Last edited:

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
It's been my name most places online since Compuserve in the 80s.

Reaction Score
Name of my Intramural Basketball Association team based off of the Albuquerque Thunderbirds D-League team.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Mine is simply my old pre-FB ESPN screen name. I had another name in some previous incarnation of this thing back in 99-01, I believe it was QuincyRich or something as I lived in Quincy at the time. After I moved to Pgh, I dropped out. When I came back this last time the name no longer made any sense. My avatar is what it is because I realized my old avatar of a cockeyed husky with a huge tongue handing out was on my dead MacBook Pro and unaccessable. So when I changed over to the mojo avatar for this year, I couldn't get that one back. I believe someone else used to have this one, but haven't seen that guy in ages, so I just took it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom