OT: How did you choose your Boneyard username? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: How did you choose your Boneyard username?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Mine is my old AOL screen name. Now I just use it for this board. 23 was my hockey number in high school, which is... wait for it... when I made my AOL screen name.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Mine is obviously a reference to two things I enjoy. When I did a google image search for something like 'siberian husky beer' I was surprised that something usable actually turned up. No need for photoshop - it is just a husky floating in space drinking a beer. Of course that image existed. (The only downside is, it appears to be a green bottle.)

That would be the Rolling Rock.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Remarkably nobody had taken junglehusky back in the early days, so I took it. And thankfully was able to take it whenever the board moved from TOS and TOOS.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
For fans of the golden age of hip hop:

I did not recognize Busta Rhymes. Probably should have since he looks the same. Never heard of the group or the song but went "whoa, I know that voice!" and googled the members.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I was ctchamps. I loved ctchamps. Use it for everything else on the internet. Used it in past renditions of this site. Wanted to use it for this site but for whatever reason couldn't get it to come up. To say the least I was ticked. So I tried to to channel my anger into something clever. I thought it was clever. I still think it's clever. But twice I explained it and twice I didn't receive one like from the post so, since I already have a cruddy like to post ratio, I won't bother this time.

Avatar needs no explanation. Best thing about moving to North Carolina is I can watch a lot of Bobcats (Hornets) (Kemba) games. He's really making a name for himself in this state.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
The first year I started watching basketball (or at least was old enough to remember) was Rip's freshman year.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Many are obvious—such as the multiple variants of UC9904111417—but others suggest either a good story or an interesting personal statement.

Alternatively, is there any meaning behind your choice of avatar? (Mau, you don’t need to answer this question; and I agree, by the way.)
If I told you, I'd have to kill you.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Seriously, mine was chosen after we won in 2011 when all the so-called experts doubted we could win it all. It's a spin on "You see we can." After the BE Tournament win, I was extremely confident that it was destiny that we'd win it all. The avatar came from a thread from when the logo was changed. I preferred the white Husky and someone posted this version as an option. I stole this avatar and have kept it despite some other posters on the logo thread saying it looks more like a cat.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Escalators are for cowards: Kevin Ollie steals the show at Jim Calhoun's retirement party

"As I embark on this journey I want to just say we gonna take the stairs, and not the escalator, because escalators are for cowards. We gonna take the stairs, and we gonna get there one step at a time."

Re. avatar, Hilton was a) the first player I ever met in person, and b) the embodiment of what I look for in a player: patience and dedication to both the team and his craft.

Don't forget his insistence on playing all the way through the whistle

Reaction Score
For fans of the golden age of hip hop:

Do you know all the lyrics? Perhaps many years ago I could have kept up but now I'm catching about every 3rd of 4th word.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
NG_cover_SI.jpg

Because I like steroids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics