OT: How did you choose your Boneyard username? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: How did you choose your Boneyard username?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think I joined originally in 2002 as MassHuskyFan and started posting under that name. I think it was Fishy who decided my name was too generic and pushed me to change my name. I asked for suggestions on the board but of course didn't like any of them. I had posted some decent scoops at that time about recruiting so I came up with the name HooperScooper. I actually had an avatar of a pooper scooper picking up a basketball that someone made for me. I didn't save it and it got lost in one of the many moves we've had since 2002.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I think I joined originally in 2002 as MassHuskyFan and started posting under that name. I think it was Fishy who decided my name was too generic and pushed me to change my name. I asked for suggestions on the board but of course didn't like any of them. I had posted some decent scoops at that time about recruiting so I came up with the name HooperScooper. I actually had an avatar of a pooper scooper picking up a basketball that someone made for me. I didn't save it and it got lost in one of the many moves we've had since 2002.

"Bringing the freshest scoops since 2002"..... wasnt that your tag line?

Reaction Score
Wow, I remember the name change thread and the avatar. Blast from the past.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Didn't you ask Clark "Hoop Scoop" Francis if it was OK?

Reaction Score
This was back in 1999.....I was like..."You mean I have to come up with a screen name?"....My first name and last initial was the best I could come up with. What can I say?....I was drunk and lazy. :D

Reaction Score
I was signing up back in the day after years of lurking, anyway I couldn't think of anything when faced with that screen asking for your initial login info. So I looked around the room, "lamp?" "Hmm, no, that's dumb", I thought. I looked past the lamp, "Window?" "No! Use your brain you dummy!" I looked down at my hands on the keyboard, "Wrist? Arm? Digit? Hand? Hand." But I felt like I had to spice it up so I went with the Spanish word for hand, Mano. They've served me well after all these years after all.

Actually, no. My father is also named Carlos and my middle name is Manuel, so my family long ago took to calling me either Mano, Manolo, or Manolito (when I was much, much younger). Not Manny. NEVER MANNY! My wife, to this day, 99% of the time calls me Mano, as do nearly all my friends and family.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I was ctchamps. I loved ctchamps. Use it for everything else on the internet. Used it in past renditions of this site. Wanted to use it for this site but for whatever reason couldn't get it to come up. To say the least I was ticked. So I tried to to channel my anger into something clever. I thought it was clever. I still think it's clever. But twice I explained it and twice I didn't receive one like from the post so, since I already have a cruddy like to post ratio, I won't bother this time.

Avatar needs no explanation. Best thing about moving to North Carolina is I can watch a lot of Bobcats (Hornets) (Kemba) games. He's really making a name for himself in this state.
Cmon don't leave us hanging!

Reaction Score
Grew up on Gurleyville Road in Storrs - not far from the Grist Mill, where our family would stop by with our buckets every week to pick up our grist.

And I was in college during the second golden age of Saturday Night Live, when Hans and Franz were one of the popular recurring skits, and everyone would constantly mimic the "don't be a girlie man" catch phrase during drinking games and things. So I didn't mind the self-deprecating reference- figured when people disagreed with me in an argument, they could bring that old catch phrase back.

Reaction Score
Amory Blaine is the main character of This Side of Paradise, F. Scott Fitzgerald's first novel

It's simple. I like it. Use it for all the forums i'm registered on

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't even remember my name on the old board, mostly lurked.

I went to UConn. I went to Kansas. Husky and a (Jay)Hawk. Avatar changes from time to time. Probably time for a new one.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
1998 I was really bored and needed an internet fix for UConn. Followed internet links to McDs old UConn site and found the Yard. I scaled a rear fence and fell in. I lurked for a week and had to post in a thread called "Hot Chicks of the Boneyard" which was top 3 ranking of Husky women hoopsters. Took the nickname of my fave Husky back at that time.

Damn you Israeli Army!!!!

Reaction Score
Was playing poker on line and met a regular on the womens board. Never had heard of the boneyard at the time, we started talking hoops and he told me about this site . Was using the screen name for the poker site so just carried it over.
No real meaning.. Live in ct , kidd was a nickname

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Do you know all the lyrics? Perhaps many years ago I could have kept up but now I'm catching about every 3rd of 4th word.

I could probably still rip most of them off. But for the older guys...there's the internet.

Back in the day, my favorite part was:

It's Busta Rhymes and I'm feeling irie
Come on over cause I'm having a party
Milo did the right thing and brought the vibe
The sound's too pissed now the party's live

August_West

Reaction Score
I think you may be right. I'm too old to remember that far back!

You are not old enough yet. Ive learned quickly that being old as it pertains to memory is being able to remember a boneyard posters tag line from 15 years ago (or say Joe Namath's 1968 passing stats) but cant remember where I had lunch yesterday.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Cmon don't leave us hanging!
In my mind it is brilliant. I should just keep it in my mind.

You asked for it. I wanted a name that had something to do with Connecticut given my preference for ct in my former, but no longer accessible name, ctchamps. I was born in Ct and went to UConn. So CT, Conn, uconn, UConn were bandied about.

I love to bring together many references and I was still upset about ctchamps so I figured I'd corrupt conn to con ( I felt conned out of my old name) and do my best Charlie Chan imitation (Chinese detective I loved to watch growing up sometime during the Ming Dynasty when it was accepted to hear actors portraying Chinese characters pronouncing l's for r's) and put my philosophical bent together with the claims people made regarding my arm chair psychology. So con is for connecticut and confucius and being conned, fleud is freud as would have been pronounced by Charlie Chan who often quoted confucius, freud is for The Sigmund variety and the slip is for Freudian slip which Sigmund would have attributed to my preference of utilizing Chan's incorrect pronunciation and my misuse of con for conn, all indicating my unrepressed anger for not being able to use ctchamps.

So Confucius says (as stated by Charlie Chan) I made a Fleudian Slip when I wrote con. I was so screaming angry I wanted to write fleudslipkahn but I figured that would be too obscure (and nerdy) and eliminate any UConn reference.

The entire scope of this exercise with all the play of the words and the multiple meanings took less than a minute. Since neither of my parents were drug users I've often wondered if they adopted me and I was the product of one or both parents who habitually took LSD.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't even know w tf that thing is.

It's a beer. In fact, it is Be Hoppy, from Wormtown Brewing. The logo for which is:
beer_119521.jpg

And no photo or beer manipulation occurred. I lifted the glass, and that is what I saw.

August_West

Reaction Score
In my mind it is brilliant. I should just keep it in my mind.

You asked for it. I wanted a name that had something to do with Connecticut given my preference for ct in my former, but no longer accessible name, ctchamps. I was born in Ct and went to UConn. So CT, Conn, uconn, UConn were bandied about.

I love to bring together many references and I was still upset about ctchamps so I figured I'd corrupt conn to con ( I felt conned out of my old name) and do my best Charlie Chan imitation (Chinese detective I loved to watch growing up sometime during the Ming Dynasty when it was accepted to hear actors portraying Chinese characters pronouncing l's for r's) and put my philosophical bent together with the claims people made regarding my arm chair psychology. So con is for connecticut and confucius and being conned, fleud is freud as would have been pronounced by Charlie Chan who often quoted confucius, freud is for The Sigmund variety and the slip is for Freudian slip which Sigmund would have attributed to my preference of utilizing Chan's incorrect pronunciation and my misuse of con for conn, all indicating my unrepressed anger for not being able to use ctchamps.

So Confucius says (as stated by Charlie Chan) I made a Fleudian Slip when I wrote con. I was so screaming angry I wanted to write fleudslipkahn but I figured that would be too obscure (and nerdy) and eliminate any UConn reference.

The entire scope of this exercise with all the play of the words and the multiple meanings took less than a minute. Since neither of my parents were drug users I've often wondered if they adopted me and I was the product of one or both parents who habitually took LSD.

1sxAD5O.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom