OT: How did you choose your Boneyard username? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: How did you choose your Boneyard username?

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Mine is simply my old pre-FB ESPN screen name. I had another name in some previous incarnation of this thing back in 99-01, I believe it was QuincyRich or something as I lived in Quincy at the time. After I moved to Pgh, I dropped out. When I came back this last time the name no longer made any sense. My avatar is what it is because I realized my old avatar of a cockeyed husky with a huge tongue handing out was on my dead MacBook Pro and unaccessable. So when I changed over to the mojo avatar for this year, I couldn't get that one back. I believe someone else used to have this one, but haven't seen that guy in ages, so I just took it.

No idea what's going on here. But I approve.

Reaction Score
Mine is a nickname based off my name. Everyone called me Deepster through high school and college. It's incredibly dated and "80's" and I actually get embarrassed when someone refers to me as Deepster in public. For a host of reasons. I think it came off that Rob Schnieder SNL skit. Deepster......makin' copies.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Mine is pretty straight forward. CL82 is the hull designation for the old USS Providence which was sold for scrap in 1980. Dave Garrett coached Providence until the formation of the Big East in 1979, with UConn joining as a founding member. Both events marked the end of Providence being a New England power. So I took a handle that makes a fairly obvious jab at the Friars, since 1980 was the year their program should have been scrapped.
And I just thought it was your initials and class year...

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I was ctchamps. I loved ctchamps. Use it for everything else on the internet. Used it in past renditions of this site.

Oh man. You just rocked my world in a bad way. You're ctchamps? God I hated that motherf***ker. I mean, hated. Damn fluidlips...I guess I hate you, too.

You're ctchamps? Fo' real?

Did not see that coming. Wow.

Reaction Score
Grew up on Gurleyville Road in Storrs - not far from the Grist Mill, where our family would stop by with our buckets every week to pick up our grist.

And I was in college during the second golden age of Saturday Night Live, when Hans and Franz were one of the popular recurring skits, and everyone would constantly mimic the "don't be a girlie man" catch phrase during drinking games and things. So I didn't mind the self-deprecating reference- figured when people disagreed with me in an argument, they could bring that old catch phrase back.

You're always gonna be nyhuskyfan.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
Mine is a contraction of first and last.

I have been an intermittent poster/lurker here nearly since inception with former handles I can't even remember.

I am a die hard basketball fan but most of my activity has been OT politics/the Cesspool. I quit those boards several times in disgust before settling with the current handle. Literally nothing shocks me in the Cesspool anymore and I feel like a better person for it.

Reaction Score
Astronomy hobby

S8XZrMc.jpg

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
I ripped off Neil Young's 'Rust Never Sleeps' and susbtituted Huskies(two things closest to my heart). I like the idea that we never sleep in our pursuit of championships. I had a Neil record I spun from '07-'14 for Mojo purposes but somehow lost it in the time between graduating and moving out west...I need to find that record.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I grew up rooting for New England sports and Waquoit was my favorite race horse. Here is his greatest race, the 1987 Massachusetts Handicap. A tremendous race with just an awesome stretch call.

Now I finally know how to pronounce "Wahh-Kwoit". I guess it's not French after all.

@CTMike (or at least his avatar) lost all his money on Creme Fraiche.

Reaction Score
Mine is really lame as I'm sure you've all figured out. I went to UConn in the 80s, and thus am a Husky. I've thought about changing it and have some ideas but I'm not even sure if you can or how to do it. I guess I'll just stick with it.

Reaction Score
Freshman in 1968. Draft lottery in 11/69 was a winner. Dropped out to take care of it. UConn was only school I applied to, and would have liked to go back, but new life put me too far away to commute and family wouldn't let me go back to the dorms. ;^)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
And I just thought it was your initials and class year...
Wow, really? That would be weird and obscure. I figured that I would go with something more straightforward than that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc