OT: Giants | Page 10 | The Boneyard

OT: Giants

Reaction Score
I agree there were a bumchnof calls they missed on the eagles d, but eli's interceptions off his front foor have to cease

Yeah 3 INT you will never win (ok 2 costly ones) the last one doesn't count really because you have to take chances at the end with no TO and needing 7 but you wouldn't have to put yourself into that situation had you not had the 2 INT's.

Reaction Score
b.s. calls from the refs, but the game really felt like it was over in the first quarter. kinda shocked it was so close in the end -- that's a credit to the defense, and maybe to robbie gould.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
shocking how much that beckham first down challenge changed the second-to-last drive. from first down, to fourth and one, to fourth and six, to turnover on downs with a questionable no-call.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If you didn't see this loss coming a mile away you haven't been following the Giants long enough. All part of the roller coaster. Hang on and enjoy the ride.

Love the fans who can't wait to come on and dump on Eli though. Just as predictable as the loss. He earned it of course but the lust for so many fans to bury him just blows my mind.

Reaction Score
this was the worst officiating I have personally witnessed all year. I never thought sports were rigged but I'm starting to believe.

Reaction Score
agreed. i thought the vernon one was understandable, but the apple one was utterly insane.

Vernon was in mid-air, with Wentz wrapped up and Wentz then threw it. I don't know what they expected him to do.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
this was the worst officiating I have personally witnessed all year. I never thought sports were rigged but I'm starting to believe.

One penalty on philly all game. One. And it was a meaningless false start. The fix was in tonight. Anything to get Dallas that 1 seed apparently

Reaction Score
Just find a way to get into the playoffs thats it.

they might not have to do anything at all -- just sit back and watch any one of the packers, bucs, and lions lose.

Reaction Score
Eli threw more interceptions in this game than the three Patriots QB's combined have all season.

Reaction Score
If you didn't see this loss coming a mile away you haven't been following the Giants long enough. All part of the roller coaster. Hang on and enjoy the ride.

Love the fans who can't wait to come on and dump on Eli though. Just as predictable as the loss. He earned it of course but the lust for so many fans to bury him just blows my mind.
It's now sort of become a joke. I love Eli and everything Giants but I will also post when he's playing like a turd, half the reason is to get the Eli is amazing crowd to get up in arms a bit. He's had a very good career and has been unbelievably clutch in 4th quarters over the years. He's also turned the ball over more than anyone in the NFL the past 5 years, leads the league in fumbles the past 12 years and has led the league in INT's 3 times in his career. You take the good with the bad but you have to admit there is a lot of bad.

Reaction Score
It's now sort of become a joke. I love Eli and everything Giants but I will also post when he's playing like a turd, half the reason is to get the Eli is amazing crowd to get up in arms a bit. He's had a very good career and has been unbelievably clutch in 4th quarters over the years. He's also turned the ball over more than anyone in the NFL the past 5 years, leads the league in fumbles the past 12 years and has led the league in INT's 3 times in his career. You take the good with the bad but you have to admit there is a lot of bad.
Poor man's Brett Farve.

Reaction Score
Paul Perkins needs to play more as does Jerrell Adams, and Bobby Rainey since Vereen is out for the year, you gotta use him to neutralize the pass rush on Eli, and he will get open looks due to the coverage on Odell.

Reaction Score
Eli had a better QB rating than Brady in both super bowl games and also led his team to last minute Super Bowl winning drives in both games, earning Super Bowl MVP's in both games.

I'd say he was an integral part.

They're so out of touch it's not worth it Viking seriously I live around these people have these "arguments" all the time. Waste of breath.

Reaction Score
I think you meant to say that Montana is a poor man's Tom Brady about right.

Reaction Score

Eli's 1st pick inexcusable and most of the game he wasn't good at all. Drops again which can't be denied, crappy calls (both roughing the QB were wrong). Need more Perkins, coaches need to learn how to set up a good screen because they have nothing like that. And it hurt not having Jenkins hope he's back next week.

Awful game but I'm a Giants fan so I really expected this. Played golf yesterday with 2 buddies who like to gamble, both were taking the GMen I told them not to. I believe being the good friends they are, they didn't listen. Get to say I told you so! LOL

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It's now sort of become a joke...You take the good with the bad but you have to admit there is a lot of bad.

I agree that it's become a joke--the joke being that you don't quite grasp the concept of "You take the good with the bad..."

It's okay, you're not a foxhole guy and I get it. I have teenage daughters so I am used to the irrational drama. It just still blows my mind how eager some fans like you are to bury Eli. You and I both know that you had your "turd burglar" post already written and ready to go, but you waited until the last INT just so you wouldn't eat your words in case Eli came back again. You are the very definition of a fair weather fan imo, and you appear to believe that anyone who is not ready to throw Eli to the curb is in the "Eli is amazing crowd."

I guess I will just say that, as a lifelong Giants fan, I can't imagine a universe in which I would agree with you that "there is a lot of bad" when we are sitting at 10 wins with the second best record in the NFC and still in control of our destiny. You say it is in spite of Eli and not because of him, and I definitely don't agree with that. I can't wait to see the 20-20 hindsight whining you'll be doing when we are breaking in a new QB in the post-Eli era.

Eli's 1st pick inexcusable and most of the game he wasn't good at all. Drops again which can't be denied, crappy calls (both roughing the QB were wrong). Need more Perkins, coaches need to learn how to set up a good screen because they have nothing like that. And it hurt not having Jenkins hope he's back next week.

Awful game but I'm a Giants fan so I really expected this. Played golf yesterday with 2 buddies who like to gamble, both were taking the GMen I told them not to. I believe being the good friends they are, they didn't listen. Get to say I told you so! LOL

This, exactly. Totally expected. Told my Eagle fan buddy last Sunday that this was almost a certain loss with the Giants. When they began the broadcast last night talking about "peaking at the right time" and parallels to the Eli Super Bowl years I knew we were doomed.

Reaction Score
I agree that it's become a joke--the joke being that you don't quite grasp the concept of "You take the good with the bad..."

It's okay, you're not a foxhole guy and I get it. I have teenage daughters so I am used to the irrational drama. It just still blows my mind how eager some fans like you are to bury Eli. You and I both know that you had your "turd burglar" post already written and ready to go, but you waited until the last INT just so you wouldn't eat your words in case Eli came back again. You are the very definition of a fair weather fan imo, and you appear to believe that anyone who is not ready to throw Eli to the curb is in the "Eli is amazing crowd."

I guess I will just say that, as a lifelong Giants fan, I can't imagine a universe in which I would agree with you that "there is a lot of bad" when we are sitting at 10 wins with the second best record in the NFC and still in control of our destiny. You say it is in spite of Eli and not because of him, and I definitely don't agree with that. I can't wait to see the 20-20 hindsight whining you'll be doing when we are breaking in a new QB in the post-Eli era.

This, exactly. Totally expected. Told my Eagle fan buddy last Sunday that this was almost a certain loss with the Giants. When they began the broadcast last night talking about "peaking at the right time" and parallels to the Eli Super Bowl years I knew we were doomed.

Found out today one of my buddies backed off the GMen, took the underpin a tease and won. But he was in my cart and finally took it to heart as to how I felt about this trap game. The other guy stayed steady with the same thoughts as the broadcasters with "they're hot, peaking.." He's a Cowboys fan so he bought in hook, line sinker. Also was in the losing cart yesterday so all in all, not a good day for him LOL

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom