OT: Giants | Page 12 | The Boneyard

OT: Giants

Reaction Score
Lots of teams would love having Eli as their QB. 8893 explained it and I concur with his assessment. As a patriot fan I would not want to see them in the super bowl. No way José!!

Reaction Score
Lots of teams would love having Eli as their QB. 8893 explained it and I concur with his assessment. As a patriot fan I would not want to see them in the super bowl. No way José!!

Coughlin does matchup well against Belichick since he is cut from the same cloth, I dont have the same confidence in Mcadoo. We are a long ways from the playoffs let alone the Super Bowl well see.

Reaction Score
Tampa Bay lost, so we clinched a play-off spot! Still hoping to finish the year off 11 - 5, but I'm really excited to watch the Giants in the play-offs again. It's been a while!

Reaction Score
Tampa Bay lost, so we clinched a play-off spot! Still hoping to finish the year off 11 - 5, but I'm really excited to watch the Giants in the play-offs again. It's been a while!
Would love to play the Lions first round

Reaction Score

It would be 10 days from the Eagles game its a potential to knock the Redskins out of the playoffs, so why not put your self in a playoff situation on the road to get you ready for the playoffs, and the offense needs the reps for the playoffs resting players would be a huge mistake.

Reaction Score
The Giants refusal to give Eli an impact TE is mind boggling and really limits the offense. Will Tye does what he can but the lack of downfield speed lets the D force the wideouts so they can't get loose either. That Defense has really carried them so far and I hope the Offense can up their game.

Reaction Score
The Giants refusal to give Eli an impact TE is mind boggling and really limits the offense. Will Tye does what he can but the lack of downfield speed lets the D force the wideouts so they can't get loose either. That Defense has really carried them so far and I hope the Offense can up their game.

The offense is just so limited. Shepard is good but other than that the whole offense is pray that Beckham does something ridiculous.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Well the G-Men are in. Even though they were already in, this game almost gave me a heart attack. How do you go flat in the second half while kicking butt in the first. The skins tightened up their D-Line so time to regroup? That call in the third, 4th and 2 on the Skins 20 was nuts. He cannot call this stuff at Greenbay. The giants D is tough. The best I have seen in a long time. The Giant are 4-2 in their Division. Not overall of course. Imagine that. Beating Dallas twice and splitting the rest.

Reaction Score
Well the G-Men are in. Even though they were already in, this game almost gave me a heart attack. How do you go flat in the second half while kicking butt in the first. The skins tightened up their D-Line so time to regroup? That call in the third, 4th and 2 on the Skins 20 was nuts. He cannot call this stuff at Greenbay. The giants D is tough. The best I have seen in a long time. The Giant are 4-2 in their Division. Not overall of course. Imagine that. Beating Dallas twice and splitting the rest.

Have to kick that FG awful call by McAdoo. But defense held tight, will be a load to handle Rogers at Lambeau but we will see.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
What was the deal with making them run the last play after the touchdown when time expired? Guessing it must be a rule, even though it couldn't make a difference?

Reaction Score
What was the deal with making them run the last play after the touchdown when time expired? Guessing it must be a rule, even though it couldn't make a difference?

Was at a bar couldn't rewind to figure it out LOL, but was wondering also.

Reaction Score
Thought the offense looked pretty good for much of the game. Perkins running for 100 yards was a sight for sore eyes. Same goes for no turnovers.

The second half play-calling seemed extremely conservative (maybe for good reason, given the team's penchant for backbreaking turnovers) and with Beckham on the bench for a long stretch, it's no wonder things went flat so fast.

Reaction Score
Thought the offense looked pretty good for much of the game. Perkins running for 100 yards was a sight for sore eyes. Same goes for no turnovers.

The second half play-calling seemed extremely conservative (maybe for good reason, given the team's penchant for backbreaking turnovers) and with Beckham on the bench for a long stretch, it's no wonder things went flat so fast.

Agree used a lot of clock on drives, solid mix in the plan and yeah Perkins is a breath of fresh air. A consistent line and I think we found one finally.

Reaction Score
Ok! Mau , Your up ,thoughts on Giants-Packers. Looking forward to this. Early prediction of snow in the works. Two old time legendary teams playing in the cold outdoors.

Reaction Score
Ok! Mau , Your up ,thoughts on Giants-Packers. Looking forward to this. Early prediction of snow in the works. Two old time legendary teams playing in the cold outdoors.

Well if it's snowing, we can stop the run and we can't run normally although we showed signs. Rogers is hot but so is the Giants defense, so who gives? I'd be crazy to tell you I feel good about it considering our offense being so average at best but this isn't the impossible at all. Pack was better when we took them a few years ago there and our defense wasn't as good - never know is about all I will say!;)

Reaction Score
If you bet Giants team total over 20 it made a big difference. Kick the Fin extra point!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The Giants D was solid, again, BUT, I was looking at the UConn secondary in the late 4th qtr - playing off the receivers for 20 yrds and giving up 15 yrd gains as the Skins marched down the field - saved by a receiver slip interception
Eli continues to struggling with throwing balls to receiver's feet in short throws
Agreed that it was WONDERFUL to see Perkins running like a bull but they kept taking him out when I felt they needed him the most
Crazy that they have the record they do, beat the Crapboys twice and ending up playing away in the playoffs - their record wins all the other divisions.
Oh well, beat the Pack in the cold ain't going to be easy

Reaction Score
Running game with Perkins and Jennings looked good and sold. Redskin D statically not so good but played better than their rankings indicated and at home so a good solid win on the road. In the cold in January you gotta be able to run and play good defense. I like the Giants chances and will study the line and lay some spare change on the Giants

Reaction Score
The Giants D was solid, again, BUT, I was looking at the UConn secondary in the late 4th qtr - playing off the receivers for 20 yrds and giving up 15 yrd gains as the Skins marched down the field - saved by a receiver slip interception
Eli continues to struggling with throwing balls to receiver's feet in short throws
Agreed that it was WONDERFUL to see Perkins running like a bull but they kept taking him out when I felt they needed him the most
Crazy that they have the record they do, beat the Crapboys twice and ending up playing away in the playoffs - their record wins all the other divisions.
Oh well, beat the Pack in the cold ain't going to be easy

I was ok with it to make sure he is healthy going into the playoffs, now he better get a lot more carries next week.

Reaction Score
Have to kick that FG awful call by McAdoo. But defense held tight, will be a load to handle Rogers at Lambeau but we will see.

I guess the only explanation would be to give the offense some work, if Eli holds onto that ball 1 more second thats a 1st down to Odell and probably a TD, the defender made a great play batting that ball to save a TD.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
What am I missing? That game was pretty meaningless to us, no? I mean, I watched with interest and wanted to win, but did it matter, other than knocking out a division rival?

That said, I'm concerned about our offense. The 15 points we've been averaging of late ain't gonna be enough against the Packers.

Reaction Score
What am I missing? That game was pretty meaningless to us, no? I mean, I watched with interest and wanted to win, but did it matter, other than knocking out a division rival?

That said, I'm concerned about our offense. The 15 points we've been averaging of late ain't gonna be enough against the Packers.

My fear with the Giants is that the defense gives up 10 points and Eli throws a pick 6 and they end up losing something like 17-13 or 17-10.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score

Agreed. Giants defense must be po'ed if you ask me. They have done an outstanding job. The offense needs to sustain drives to give those guys a rest. Three and out is not acceptable. It is just my opinion only, but considering the way the Giants offense is playing I feel the defense is the best in the NFL In many cases the defense doesn't even have time to put the oxygen mask on.

Reaction Score
Official First Team All-Pro: Landon Collins and Snacks Harrison

Second Team All-Pro: Odell, Olivier Vernon, Jackrabbit and DRC

Great showing from our boys, especially that defense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom