OT: Giants | Page 11 | The Boneyard

OT: Giants

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
et tu giants?

Im surrounded by cheating teams to the north and south of me

Reaction Score
I will live with every no call in that game with the exception of the one not called against Carroll on Shepard. How do you miss that?

Agree, he has a full arm in his chest pitiful miss. Both the calls on the QB were terrible too, just as bad not close. It's football, put flags and cross guards vests on them if you can't tackle them.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Agree, he has a full arm in his chest pitiful miss. Both the calls on the QB were terrible too, just as bad not close. It's football, put flags and cross guards vests on them if you can't tackle them.

The owners have dictated these absurd rule changes to protect their franchise QBs. They might as well be wearing dresses. It's not football anymore.

As for Eli, bad game for him but despite that and some atrocious officiating from the zebras, the Giants still had a shot at winning the game at the end...one play short.

Reaction Score
The owners have dictated these absurd rule changes to protect their franchise QBs. They might as well be wearing dresses. It's not football anymore.

As for Eli, bad game for him but despite that and some atrocious officiating from the zebras, the Giants still had a shot at winning the game at the end...one play short.

Nice of OBJ to take the heat on the over throw by Eli but he was open, has to deliver the win right there!

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I love the Eli Apple highlight reel: missed tackle, followed by a (BS) unnecessary roughness call, followed by getting burned so bad for a TD he might need to borrow Elvis Patterson's nickname.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I love the Eli Apple highlight reel: missed tackle, followed by a (BS) unnecessary roughness call, followed by getting burned so bad for a TD he might need to borrow Elvis Patterson's nickname.
Must be the first name. Elis are losers, amirite?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Nice of OBJ to take the heat on the over throw by Eli but he was open, has to deliver the win right there!

Almost all of Eli's incomplete passes were off target high. There were a few drops that should have been caught. It was windy but that's no excuse. It's windy for both teams.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Eli Whitney is rolling over in his cotton-lined grave.
I will lay some flowers on his grave today when I walk out for coffee.

Reaction Score
Almost all of Eli's incomplete passes were off target high. There were a few drops that should have been caught. It was windy but that's no excuse. It's windy for both teams.

Yep. Giants defense was actually really good again for the most part, take away the INT from Eli and the 3rd down they gave them back on the penalty that should have never been called, they did good without JJ.

Reaction Score
I agree that it's become a joke--the joke being that you don't quite grasp the concept of "You take the good with the bad..."

It's okay, you're not a foxhole guy and I get it. I have teenage daughters so I am used to the irrational drama. It just still blows my mind how eager some fans like you are to bury Eli. You and I both know that you had your "turd burglar" post already written and ready to go, but you waited until the last INT just so you wouldn't eat your words in case Eli came back again. You are the very definition of a fair weather fan imo, and you appear to believe that anyone who is not ready to throw Eli to the curb is in the "Eli is amazing crowd."

I guess I will just say that, as a lifelong Giants fan, I can't imagine a universe in which I would agree with you that "there is a lot of bad" when we are sitting at 10 wins with the second best record in the NFC and still in control of our destiny. You say it is in spite of Eli and not because of him, and I definitely don't agree with that. I can't wait to see the 20-20 hindsight whining you'll be doing when we are breaking in a new QB in the post-Eli era.

This, exactly. Totally expected. Told my Eagle fan buddy last Sunday that this was almost a certain loss with the Giants. When they began the broadcast last night talking about "peaking at the right time" and parallels to the Eli Super Bowl years I knew we were doomed.
You've proven to be a way better "mark" than even Mau could ever be. It's nice how you won't touch any of Eli leading the league in turnover statistics.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I also had that" here comes a loss feeling". Eagles had nothing to lose. Revenge from the first game. I knew when the Giant had the ball off the opening kick off, ran for 7 yards, 2nd and three, and could not do it. Seriously that was the indicator to me. Eagles always give the Gmen problems no matter what record. I am not a fair weather fan. Letme see, Del Shofner, Joe Walton, Joe Morrison, Y.A., Charlie Connerly, Alex Webster as running back and later coached. Andy Robustelli, Sam Huff ,Erich Barnes , Jerry Hillebarnd. I can go on and on. Does that make me a subject matter expert? No, not at all. However, the decline of Eli is noticeable. Lost count how many times he threw into double coverage. Yes a couple of Super Bowls. Next week he may be a hero. Who knows. However in any sport or business" The "what have you done lately" phrase sticks to mind. I hope the front office knows it may be time to look for Quarterbacks next draft season. Eli has given we fans a great run. No argument. However, I cannot excuse his play because of a great past. Everyone has an opinion. This is mine. I am not a Dallas fan at all. However I like this kid Shepard.
He brings a couple of things to the table. Rifle arm and could scramble for the first down. The up and down play is frustrating to say the least from the Giants offense.
The defense is doing the job. They are not getting any support. Sad.

Reaction Score
Never realized I was a "mark" sj?
A "mark" rarely does. There are three things I know you really love and will defend the honor of no matter what. . . . . UConn hoops, female breasts and Eli.

Reaction Score
A "mark" rarely does. There are three things I know you really love and will defend the honor of no matter what. . . . . UConn hoops, female breasts and Eli.

One more than the other 2 - or is it 2 more than the other 2?:oops:

LOL

Curiouser
Reaction Score
You've proven to be a way better "mark" than even Mau could ever be. It's nice how you won't touch any of Eli leading the league in turnover statistics.
What do you mean I won't touch it? It's a fact. Do you want me to throw a temper tantrum about it? Pay your $5K sure bet to shizzle--not to mention the untold thousands you offered to bet others who wisely dismissed your usual bluster--and then tell me who is the mark.

I've said all along, as many Giants fans acknowledge, that I'll still take Eli because he almost always gives you a chance to win, even while recognizing that he also usually gives you a chance to lose. Yesterday was the extreme end of that example, but we've seen that movie before. You want to have one without the other and that is understandable, but not reasonable imo based on history. It's also the exact opposite of "you take the good with the bad," which was my point.

There is a line in a favorite Tom Waits song of mine, "Please Call Me, Baby," that gets to the essence for me, and I find that it applies to most humans (myself often included), especially high-performing ones in my experience:

If I exorcise my devils
Well my angels may leave too
When they leave they're so hard to find

That's, "you take the good with the bad." You obviously try to limit the damage caused by your devils, but you have to realize that a lot of the same qualities cause both the good and the bad, and on balance I still believe that Eli's good outweighs his bad. I also realize that we need to get another QB in line, but it ain't gonna happen this season or next, so I am still dancing with the one who brung me, so to speak, while you want to kick him to the curb and bend over for every other pretty face.

Reaction Score
What do you mean I won't touch it? It's a fact. Do you want me to throw a temper tantrum about it? Pay your $5K sure bet to shizzle--not to mention the untold thousands you offered to bet others who wisely dismissed your usual bluster--and then tell me who is the mark.

I've said all along, as many Giants fans acknowledge, that I'll still take Eli because he almost always gives you a chance to win, even while recognizing that he also usually gives you a chance to lose. Yesterday was the extreme end of that example, but we've seen that movie before. You want to have one without the other and that is understandable, but not reasonable imo based on history. It's also the exact opposite of "you take the good with the bad," which was my point.

There is a line in a favorite Tom Waits song of mine, "Please Call Me, Baby," that gets to the essence for me, and I find that it applies to most humans (myself often included), especially high-performing ones in my experience:

If I exorcise my devils
Well my angels may leave too
When they leave they're so hard to find

That's, "you take the good with the bad." You obviously try to limit the damage caused by your devils, but you have to realize that a lot of the same qualities cause both the good and the bad, and on balance I still believe that Eli's good outweighs his bad. I also realize that we need to get another QB in line, but it ain't gonna happen this season or next, so I am still dancing with the one who brung me, so to speak, while you want to kick him to the curb and bend over for every other pretty face.
Well done "mark," this is a good melt. As for the bet, I've made two money bets on here, one in which I wasn't paid and the other which I welched on with shizzle. The mods told me no monetary bets are allowed and it's never to be spoken about again on the site. I have no problem with you or anyone bringing it up but the mods do, need to respect their wishes. Enjoy the holidays.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Well done "mark," this is a good melt. As for the bet, I've made two money bets on here, one in which I wasn't paid and the other which I welched on with shizzle. The mods told me no monetary bets are allowed and it's never to be spoken about again on the site. I have no problem with you or anyone bringing it up but the mods do, need to respect their wishes. Enjoy the holidays.
I love the notion that I'm the one melting when you're throwing temper tantrums and hiding behind mods.

I'm enjoying the ride my friend, just like I said. Give it a try.

Reaction Score
I love the notion that I'm the one melting when you're throwing temper tantrums and hiding behind mods.

I'm enjoying the ride my friend, just like I said. Give it a try.
Always enjoy the rollercoaster that is the Giants and I think they have a real chance this year. trust me, I'm enjoying the ride. Happy holidays!

Reaction Score
Always enjoy the rollercoaster that is the Giants and I think they have a real chance this year. trust me, I'm enjoying the ride. Happy holidays!

Same here I was just so frustrated with last nights game, the morning after I'm proud the team fought till the end despite being on the road, one sided officiating, and on a short week recent Giants teams would have mailed it in. Just away all their games have come down to the end with gives me some optimism going into the playoffs assuming they get there, as long as they get in at the very least to give a 1st year HC and Odell some playoff experience going into next year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom