OT - Giants HC search (Update: Hiring Ben McAdoo) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT - Giants HC search (Update: Hiring Ben McAdoo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Giants just gave Eagles permission to talk to TC. Oh my, the misery!!!!!!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I don't get why so many teams are interested in Doug Marrone. I saw on espn that the Giants are interviewing him today, he has an interview set up with Tampa Bay next week there were other NFL teams were also interested. I just don't see the allure.

Look, he did quite well in Buffalo football-wise. His knock was he ruffled too many feathers. If he can sort that out, he could be a good coach somewhere. People act like these guys can't change. BB, TC, Carroll et al prove otherwise.

Reaction Score
Look, he did quite well in Buffalo football-wise. His knock was he ruffled too many feathers. If he can sort that out, he could be a good coach somewhere. People act like these guys can't change. BB, TC, Carroll et al prove otherwise.
The fact he was so arrogant he walked away says a LOT about this Marrone! No way do I want to see him making the calls as the HC of the NYG!

Reaction Score
I think it was pretty well known that Marrone was incredible sensitive about the media when he was in Buffalo - that's a trait that will serve him really well if he get's the Giants gig.

Reaction Score
I like Hue Jackson, interview won't be till Thursday or Friday with the owner meetings taking place in Houston, hope Browns do not lock him before we can at least get him in for an interview.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
How many teams have contacted Tom Coughlin since he has been fired?
So, teams who are interviewing Coughlin do not feel that it is his coaching that is keeping the Giants from winning but a lack of players. Who is in charge of procuring players?
Do you think Coughlin may be a little tired of trying to win with other teams rejects?
Name three players on the Giants' defense who would play for the ' 86 Giants.
The only sure starter on the offense is Beckham.

Reaction Score
So, teams who are interviewing Coughlin do not feel that it is his coaching that is keeping the Giants from winning but a lack of players. Who is in charge of procuring players?
Do you think Coughlin may be a little tired of trying to win with other teams rejects?

Phil wasn't loaded with receivers either but they were all pretty good and clutch. McConkey, Johnson, Baker and of course a great TE. Might have been able to sneak a Prince or Cromartie in on D but you're right, not too many at all.

Reaction Score
Jerry Reese is in charge of making the roster and he has been an absolute failure.

As for '86 I think Prince and DRC are better than Patterson and Williams

Reaction Score
Jerry Reese is in charge of making the roster and he has been an absolute failure.

As for '86 I think Prince and DRC are better than Patterson and Williams

Someone has to be better than "Toast" Patterson right? ;)

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Phil wasn't loaded with receivers either but they were all pretty good and clutch. McConkey, Johnson, Baker and of course a great TE. Might have been able to sneak a Prince or Cromartie in on D but you're right, not too many at all.
Lionel Manuel?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
as feared

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3m3 minutes ago
Looks like Browns will get done deal with Hue Jackson before he gets on flight to New York for interview with the Giants, per sources.
His agent must hate him. I would think it it's worth hearing what the Giants have to say before signing on to certain failure. Then again, even Jim Tomsula will never have to work again if he doesn't want to.

Reaction Score
as feared

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3m3 minutes ago
Looks like Browns will get done deal with Hue Jackson before he gets on flight to New York for interview with the Giants, per sources.
Bummer, but I thought I had read that the Browns were willing to give Jackson more control than other jobs were. Oh well. I'm not sure who I want the Giants to hire - maybe just go with McAdoo? I don't know.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Bummer, but I thought I had read that the Browns were willing to give Jackson more control than other jobs were. Oh well. I'm not sure who I want the Giants to hire - maybe just go with McAdoo? I don't know.
His agent must hate him. I would think it it's worth hearing what the Giants have to say before signing on to certain failure. Then again, even Jim Tomsula will never have to work again if he doesn't want to.

Perhaps he sees Reese still in place and draws the logical conclusion. Can't win without players. Although, can't win without a QB either, so the Browns need to address that (again) ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom