OT: Distinctive Male Voices | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Distinctive Male Voices

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

I saw Stevie once at MSG I believe in 1971. The concert was, believe it or not, BB King, The Ike and Tina Turner Revue, Stevie Wonder and lastly, The Rolling Stones. I think I was sober the majority of the concert.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Can't believe we have gone this far and no one has mentioned....Van Morrison!

I saw Van three times during the 70's. The most surly, fan unfriendly performer I've ever seen. But always interesting. Thanks for choosing one of my faves from him. But really, after every concert I just wanted to kick his butt.

Reaction Score
And a version I also loved, maybe just a little more. Made by Jerry just after he left The Impressions:

Jordy, you really have a good taste ...

JordyG

Reaction Score

K-man I saw both of these. The Dead twice, Roddy 3x BEFORE "Maggie May". Roddy was the voice and the big romantic.

Reaction Score
K-man I saw both of these. The Dead twice, Roddy 3x BEFORE "Maggie May". Roddy was the voice and the big romantic.
3o years ago, my mom heard Rod's "Maggie May",
and she said: how can this guy to be a singer. His voice like a duck.

Reaction Score
I saw Van three times during the 70's. The most surly, fan unfriendly performer I've ever seen. But always interesting. Thanks for choosing one of my faves from him. But really, after every concert I just wanted to kick his butt.
Love some his old stuff, not crazy about the newer. Only time I saw him live I didn't recognize a single song.

Reaction Score
Every Picture Tells a Story is a great album. Before he started ballads. Faces with Ron Woods were his band.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Every Picture Tells a Story is a great album. Before he started ballads. Faces with Ron Woods were his band.
Actually if you saw him in person during that time ballads and down tempo songs were an essential part of his act and he sung quite a few with Faces. I saw Small Faces before Roddy joined (with Steve Marriott) and three (or four, not sure) with Roddy. I remember seeing him do that "Maybe I'm Amazed", so I think 4. He was always a real romantic, especially doing that "Love In Vain" thing. I later saw Marriott after he left with Frampton in that Humble Pie band.

Reaction Score
Funny and true. But what Rod has is astonishing musicality: phrasing and feeling. While the young Dylan affected his croaking voice (and now as old Dylan that IS his voice), he nevertheless had those same musical qualities. Ditto the older Sinatra. They can just "deliver" a song.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Here's a voice I really like. Very cool and distinctive. Not well know due to the band doing mostly Contemporary Christian music. One thing I've noticed with him, is his voice sounds exactly the same live or recorded.

Mac Powell

Cool guitar solo at the end of this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom