OT: Distinctive Male Voices | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Distinctive Male Voices

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
One of the main reasons they wouldn't let Don Felder sing.....they had Don Henley :cool:

Reaction Score
OK, I'll leave the computer now! But you have to admit they're all DISTINCTIVE MALE VOICES!

Charlie Rich SINCE I FELL FOR YOU!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I was fortunate to see him in the '60's and then again 40 years later:

I saw Richie at least twice in the 70's. Richie was an exciting performer. He was also very talkative. Unfortunately at that time Richie also was edentulous. Therefore most of his concert sounded like this: "Blahblahblahblah blahblah, blahblahblah. Right?" Right Ritchie. Now please just sing man.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Johnny Hartman IN THE WEE SMALL HOURS OF THE MORNING

Try that album with John Coltrane. THE classic horn/vocal duo record. Then give a listen to the new Marsalis/Ellis record "Upward Spiral", the modern classic and equivalent.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Lou Rawls
The classic duo by two distinctive voices, Lou Rawls and Sam Cooke. Sam Cooke is the most copied voice in pop. The first black gospel singer (from The Soul Stirrers) to go "Pop" and take the rhythms, style, and songs of many gospel songs and use them for pop music thereby creating "Soul" music. Cooke was also the first African-American singer to own his own publishing rights. Some say he was murdered for those rights. Everyone stole something from his vocal style from Rod Stewart to Lionel Ritchie to Ne-yo.

Reaction Score
Try that album with John Coltrane. THE classic horn/vocal duo record. Then give a listen to the new Marsalis/Ellis record "Upward Spiral", the modern classic and equivalent.

JordyG- - - WOW! Thank you! Just heard "My One And Only Love" with Coltrane & Hartman on YOUTUBE, great sound! I'll have to get me some of that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom