OT: Best Cereal | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Cereal

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Honey Bunches of Oats w/ almonds and some 2%- most underrated cereal.

Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Honey Nut Cheerios, Reese's Puffs are my classic favorites as a kid.

Reaction Score
Reflecting on those amazing variety packs. Do they still do these anymore?

View attachment 21162

And adding to my Chocolate Cheerios...Sugar Pops!!!! F'in loved those when I used to eat them. Then one day a large, black beetle crawled out of a box I bought and I was done.

Yes they do. I think I got some a Duane Reade recently and loved the Apple Jacks.

And Frosted mini wheats are great and whoever slandered them needs to just shut their whore mouth.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I've loved them all at one time or another, from the most plain to the most sugary and all points and textures in between.

Except one: Grape-nuts.

Wtf.

"Hey, let's make a cereal that recreates what it would be like to eat a mouthful of gravel!"

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I've loved them all at one time or another, from the most plain to the most sugary and all points and textures in between.

Wtf.

"Hey, let's make a cereal that recreates what it would be like to eat a mouthful of gravel!"

I had a phase where I liked that stuff. Haven't tried it in 20 years tho.

Reaction Score
I hate to be a buzzkill, but cereal is total garbage. I mean from a health point of view. It tastes wonderful, but it should never be eaten. Also, milk is filled with estrogen and designed to make babies fat. So don't drink milk either.

"wait . . . what?"

PAY-Phillip-Patrick-19-from-Worcester-who-is-addicted-to-sugar.jpg

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

Wtf.

Grape nuts ice cream is surprisingly good.

Reaction Score

Wtf.

Sounds like you just don't have the stamina to be a Grape-Nuts fan.

Reaction Score
Sounds like you just don't have the stamina to be a Grape-Nuts fan.
I had to soak those things for a while to soften them up, when I was young. Was that the correct way or just eat them like jawbreakers with milk?

Reaction Score
Grain berry Honey Nut -Much better than Cheerios
Grape-Nuts ,
Shredded Wheat

For the Sugar
Cap'n Crunch
Frosted flakes
Apple Jacks
Fruit Loops
Puffa Puffa Rice

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
My standby is Honey Bunches o'Oats. Just the regular. With blueberries and whole milk.

I used to love Cracklin Oat Bran as a couch snack, but it's not the healthiest thing and these days is pretty expensive.

If you can't get enough of cereal milk and are looking for more ways to enjoy it, I'll share this from my buddy Jay in Baltimore: a recipe for Fruity Pebbles cappuccino.
I was at the ready to bring up Momofuku's ice cream and then decided to first click on your link even though it's not of interest.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I have a container of pre-cooked McCann's steel cut Irish oatmeal in the refrigerator. I'll add raisins, maybe almonds & a splash of half and half, or just almond milk to a lightly nuked bowl.

Though I'm on extended hiatus, my sugar delivery system of choice has traditionally been bulk candy, two bags, one fruity & one chocolate-y, eaten in random order and eventually mixed together at the end.

I nonetheless enter this thread at my own peril and discover a few things:

I like the company.

I've eaten all the cereals up through when Cap'n Crunch was introduced, and less than a third thereafter. I can still recall picking mashed clumps of Cap'n out of my molars not long after all my baby teeth were replaced.

Being here for the discussion is not unlike how I'm up-to-date with the Tournament thread but haven't watched a single game yet. And I like the name Raphael Chillious; it'd be great in an urban graphic novel set a few years into the future.

Ultimately, I feel as out of place in this thread as Lady Hans felt last Sunday at a screening of "Repo Man," which I still love. Might as well blame society.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom