OT: Best Cereal | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Cereal

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I don't know how I forgot Oh's. They beat even Golden Grahams.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Reflecting on those amazing variety packs. Do they still do these anymore?

upload_2017-3-27_14-51-21.jpeg

And adding to my Chocolate Cheerios...Sugar Pops!!!! F'in loved those when I used to eat them. Then one day a large, black beetle crawled out of a box I bought and I was done.

Reaction Score
Captain Crunch, Super Sugar Smacks, and Sugar Corn Pops form the holy trinity of cereal decadence.

I must thank Joober Jones publicly for creating this thread. I can already see a bowl of Banana Haze and a big bowl of one of the above mentioned three in my future.

Mods, please put this in the cereal thread instead of the pizza thread. Thanks.

Reaction Score
Kellog's Corn Pops, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Cocoa Krispies, Golden Grahams, Honey Bunches of Oats, Kix, Honeycomb. #1 all-time is Apple Jacks, they were my crack rocks when I was a kid.

Reaction Score
Old School: Frosted Flakes
New: Peanut Butter Puffins are pretty good, worse with milk though so maybe that's a problem for a cereal. Kashi heart-to-heart 2nd place, 1st Post Blueberry Morning if its in the house I'll eat it until its gone.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
In Canada they still call them Sugar Pops, Sugar Smacks, and Sugar Crisp. None of that corn, honey, or golden nonsense.

Reaction Score
I hate to be a buzzkill, but cereal is total garbage. I mean from a health point of view. It tastes wonderful, but it should never be eaten. Also, milk is filled with estrogen and designed to make babies fat. So don't drink milk either.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I've been eating cereal for breakfast basically every weekday of my whole life.

I have tried most everything and this Trader Joes' Bran Flakes is what I have been eating the last handful of years. Its healthy and cost effective ($1.99).
94663-bran-flakes.png

Reaction Score
You must be six years old.

The pizza thread, the beer thread, basically any food thread - I am out of my depth. But cereal...now you are in my house. Cereal is a dinner option around here.

With cereal, the classics are the best. Cheerios, Corn Flakes, Rice Krispies.

If you need sugar on cereal, stop pretending and just go have some cookies.
We talking regular cheerios or honey nut?

Reaction Score
I hate to be a buzzkill, but cereal is total garbage. I mean from a health point of view. It tastes wonderful, but it should never be eaten. Also, milk is filled with estrogen and designed to make babies fat. So don't drink milk either.
Like bagels or muffins a danish or donuts? Besides lots of us yarders have super high testosterone counts and need the counterbalancing estrogen. Also you can relate to your significant other better with higher estrogen so its a good idea to have a bowl during or prior to any big talks, better still bring as a treat to a couples counseling session (but maybe avoid eating in car).

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score
Most overrated cereal is frosted mini wheats.

Best is Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

My kids have armed confrontations over Cinnamon Toast Crunch

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Feeling a little bound up: Raisin Bran before bed
Need a lil morning sugar high: Cinnamon Toast Crunch
Old School Throwback: Count Chocula

Reaction Score
Kellog's Corn Pops, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Cocoa Krispies, Golden Grahams, Honey Bunches of Oats, Kix, Honeycomb. #1 all-time is Apple Jacks, they were my crack rocks when I was a kid.

I forgot about Apple Jacks. They belong on the decadence Mt. Rushmore with my other 3 choices.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm a fan of Honey Bunches of Oats. I like a little sweetness, but can't eat some of those sugar bombs, except maybe Peanut Butter Captain Crunch.

Reaction Score
If I want a sugar cereal, it's Fruity Pebbles every time.

If I want a cereal that still has a ton of sugar, but I don't feel like an 8 year old eating it? Honey Nut Cheerios with a sliced up banana.

If I want a cereal without sugar? I'd rather just go hungry.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
OK, my kinda topic!

For sugary, "you're mom wouldn't want you to eat this," Cap'n Crunch.

For "oh, that looks somewhat healthy," but is still sweet, Raisin Bran Crunch.

For "you actually like that?", regular Life cereal. Don't like the cinnamon version as much.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
My adult favorite sweet: Blueberry Morning.

Inexplicable childhood favorite when I wasn't eating Capn Crunch with Berries: Nabisco Shredded Wheat. I used to pretend it was a big brillo pad, it wasn't far off.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom