OT - 2015 Coaching Carousel | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT - 2015 Coaching Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If Michigan stays quiet for a bit longer, I expect that they are waiting for the NFL season to wrap-up so that they can make a push for a pro head or coordinator. Of course, the big target is Jim Harbaugh, and while I do expect him to leave the Niners at the end of this season unless SF wins the Super Bowl, which is unlikely, I think he will stay in the NFL (Raiders, Giants, Jets).

Reaction Score
If Michigan stays quiet for a bit longer, I expect that they are waiting for the NFL season to wrap-up so that they can make a push for a pro head or coordinator. Of course, the big target is Jim Harbaugh, and while I do expect him to leave the Niners at the end of this season unless SF wins the Super Bowl, which is unlikely, I think he will stay in the NFL (Raiders, Giants, Jets).

If Harbaugh stays in the NFL it will be with the Raiders or Niners. If not he's going to Michigan. My money is on the Raiders.

Reaction Score
TravHaneyESPN2:48pm via Twitter for iPhone
Can confirm reports that Houston's Tony Levine is expected to be fired Monday. Levine has a meeting scheduled with AD Mack Rhoades.

Levine is 21-17 since being hired to replace Kevin Sumlin at the end of the 2011
I started a seperate thread, but I'll say it here, outside the p5 the stakes are higher than it if you want to have a seat if there is complete breakaway. Minor bowl bids aren't enough to let a guy like Levine keep his job. That is an eye opener. After the success of Briles and Sumlin and a new stadium, UH wasn't about to let this guy dumb down expectations. This says they expect to be in the upper echelon of the G5 schools. Interesting.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Im interested in how much money UH will pay their guy. SMU just paid Morris $2M/yr.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Im interested in how much money UH will pay their guy. SMU just paid Morris $2M/yr.
SMU has an enormous endowment and a ton of wealthy boosters. Houston has a large alumni base of retail clerks and lower management. The bulk od what Morris will receive will come from donations. Houston will pay their new coach from conference revenues.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Seems Houston isn't afraid to tell the market they have high expectations.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
SMU has an enormous endowment and a ton of wealthy boosters. Houston has a large alumni base of retail clerks and lower management. The bulk od what Morris will receive will come from donations. Houston will pay their new coach from conference revenues.
True dat at SMU ... black gold, Texas T. On the other hand, Houston's maybe a step up from Louisville-community college ... with some possible oil money via flunkies from A&M or UT. Some of those flunkies come with cash of their own, and they'll find money at Houston versus waking up with it at SMU.

Reaction Score
What's going on at Wisconsin?

One of the top schools in the BiG, and certainly best in the West, and their last 2 HCs have left for schools that struggle to make bowls in the SEC and PAC.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
LOL

FootballScoop 10:08pm via TweetDeck
Sources tell FootballScoop that Bo Pelini plans to accept the head coaching position at Youngstown State footballscoop.com/the-scoop/
Not a huge shock. I believe he's from Youngstown. He and the Stoops brothers and one other coach in college football were from this area and have strong ties to it. While I thought he'd land a FBS gig, I'm not totally shocked he went to Youngstown St.

Reaction Score
Not a huge shock. I believe he's from Youngstown. He and the Stoops brothers and one other coach in college football were from this area and have strong ties to it. While I thought he'd land a FBS gig, I'm not totally shocked he went to Youngstown St.

Don't disagree with the connections but I'll believe it when he's at the introductory press conference... been a long 24 hours since this was floated and now the Wisconsin job is open.

Reaction Score
Wow... Wisconsin Coach Gary Anderson headed to Oregon State.

BadgerFootball 5:31pm via TweetDeck
Statement on #Badgers head coach pic.twitter.com/lA9MgvP66F

Seems to mirror what exactly happened to UConn with Edsall - AD was blinded sided, players had not clue, the coach states the new post is a dream job, is from the area, great for the family, etc. Wisconsin is a top 25 program and it is unusual for something like this to happen to them.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...h-gary-andersen-leaving-take-oregon-state-job

Reaction Score
What's going on at Wisconsin?

One of the top schools in the BiG, and certainly best in the West, and their last 2 HCs have left for schools that struggle to make bowls in the SEC and PAC.
I'm gonna go with Barry Alvarez is a tough boss who most likely gives advice on a regular basis whether the coach wants it or not.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Wait did Pelini really take the Youngstown state job? I hope that was a joke

Reaction Score
Wisconsin can do a lot worse than Bo Pelini. Only issue is whether he'd get along with Alvarez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom