OSU President Gee's comments about UL... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OSU President Gee's comments about UL...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Love these fans of a second rated commuter school coming here telling us how great they. First of all, they are from Kentucky and they are the second rated commuter school in Kentucky. That alone should be the reason to stay quiet, There is literally nothing to do over there while CT got multiple entertainment choices. It is laughable those jokers are trying to comparing Louisville TV market vs. UCONN's.

UL basketball greater than UCONN. That's laughable especially since 1999. They paid pro money for a scumbag coach and they ripped the city off for the YUM center. I would not be surprised city of Louisville is being run by bunch of people who barely have high school degrees.

Here is a diagram should tell you why some of those fans are so ignorant.

1_4_800.jpg

Reaction Score
Starting a comparison the year after UConn won a national title is more or less what anyone can expect from you.

I really don't give a damn that Ville had a cup of tea in the BE. UConn wins championships. That sums it up.

You'll find out about Ollie soon enough. There is no one like him out there.

So funny that you're so fond of calling people out for a lack of "reading comprehension" when you seem afflicted by that shortcoming. I thought that I'd give you a time frame where UofL and UConn competed in the same confererence. If you think that's cherry picking, then I'll go back further.

Total NCAA appearances - UofL - 39 UConn - 30
Total Final Fours - UofL - 10 UConn - 4
Total National Titles - UofL - 3 UConn -3

Again, I said that I like Kevin Ollie. Guess this is just another example of your thin skin flaking off in seconds. Clearly you have a problem...

Reaction Score
Love these fans of a second rated commuter school coming here telling us how great they. First of all, they are from Kentucky and they are the second rated commuter school in Kentucky. That alone should be the reason to stay quiet, There is literally nothing to do over there while CT got multiple entertainment choices. It is laughable those jokers are trying to comparing Louisville TV market vs. UCONN's.

UL basketball greater than UCONN. That's laughable especially since 1999. They paid pro money for a scumbag coach and they ripped the city off for the YUM center. I would not be surprised city of Louisville is being run by bunch of people who barely have high school degrees.

Here is a diagram should tell you why some of those fans are so ignorant.

1_4_800.jpg

Ummm, are you referring to that "second rated commuter school" that was just selected as more deserving to join the ACC than "super cool" UConn? Wow, if we suck so bad, how in the world did we get "your" spot there? That's just weird...

"Laughable since 1999". It's been a while since I've come across someone so unintentionally ironic as you. And you indirectly accuse me of selective statistics? And not that I'm a huge fan of Pitino's but, personal shortcomings aside, NCAA investigators have never even visited Louisville during his tenure - unlike the branch office they set up in Storrs.

I will say that I love your census data though. Not sure it has much relevance, as I made more than the CT. number in my junior year of college. BTW, it's hard to be surprised by much, when you substitute your inane opinion for facts...

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I've been making fun of UL for being a lousy school just on their general reputation.

Out of curiosity, I just took a gander at that US News ranking and, holy f---, they really are that bad.

They're on the absolute bottom rung of the ladder between Mississippi State and West Virginia.

That is horrific.

Reaction Score
I've been making fun of UL for being a lousy school just on their general reputation.

Out of curiosity, I just took a gander at that US News ranking and, holy f---, they really are that bad.

They're on the absolute bottom rung of the ladder between Mississippi State and West Virginia.

That is horrific.

You mean those other two schools that are also part of the power conference structure? Again, what does UConn (or its fans) gain by tearing other schools down? Based upon your logic, would it be acceptable to say that UConn was the tallest midget in the NCAA?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, my boy, a Louisville graduate cannot head out into the world and get a job by showing an employer a copy of the ACC roster.

Sports are a diversion and while I am sure Louisville is rightfully thrilled about being athletically secure, it appears they are failing badly where it counts.

Just a side note for your edification - you've misused the word logic. I merely reported the US News' ranking - if you're unhappy with the result, your argument is with them, not me.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, my boy, a Louisville graduate cannot head out into the world and get a job by showing an employer a copy of the ACC roster.

Sports are a diversion and while I am sure Louisville is rightfully thrilled about being athletically secure, it appears they are failing badly where it counts.

Just a side note for your edification - you've misused the word logic. I merely reported the US News' ranking - if you're unhappy with the result, your argument is with them, not me.

Whereas, I certainly appreciate your concern for the Louisville grad old boy, I don't hear or sense any clamoring nationally for those sheepskin recipients from Connecticut's state school either.

I certainly appreciate the edification, so let me rephrase. Based upon your regurgitation of the us news article, do you feel it proper to intimate that UConn Is, at this moment in time, the world's tallest midget?

Reaction Score
Whereas, I certainly appreciate your concern for the Louisville grad old boy, I don't hear or sense any clamoring nationally for those sheepskin recipients from Connecticut's state school either.

I certainly appreciate the edification, so let me rephrase. Based upon your regurgitation of the us news article, do you feel it proper to intimate that UConn Is, at this moment in time, the world's tallest midget?

Yes.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score

Hey, Lville hit the "at the moment lottery" when they were selected for the ACC. Good for you. Thank your lucky stars that the ACC didn't cave on it's academic integrity earlier, else they would have taken a much stronger FB program in West Virginia.

I happen to believe that the Lville selection DID help to save the ACC and all the credit goes to Jurich for that. However, like UConns long term athletic future is in question, so too is Lville's long term ability to maintain the athletic profile that Jurich singlehandedly created. Given the overall profiles of our respective schools, I'll take UConn's future over Louisville's future any day.

I appreciate you wanting to come on to a UConn board to defend the school you root for, I really do. However, when I look at another recent lottery winner, Rutgers, I at least see a fanbase that is intelligent enough to accept why they were selected and hold their tongue when their selection is discussed. That being said, you must understand that their moribund athletic program is held in higher esteem than the academic profile of Lville.

Reaction Score
You're welcome. I am not aware of UConn having any enemies in the B1G. I think it really is more an issue of lack of advocates. There is certainly an arrogance in his statements and it reflects that on the B1G leadership as a whole. However, his honesty also points the way to the B1G for UConn: AAU membership, research, academics, population, athletic success, etc. If UConn wants in the B1G, then it will need to be its own advocate through making itself successful in the areas that matter to the B1G and doing what it can to make the B1G take notice and show how the addition of UConn is beneficial to the B1G.
I think we'll very likely become a no-brainer addition in a matter of time. Too much going on in UConn's favor.

But have to wonder which conference will outlast the other, the ACC or the Big 12.

Reaction Score
Hey, Lville hit the "at the moment lottery" when they were selected for the ACC. Good for you. Thank your lucky stars that the ACC didn't cave on it's academic integrity earlier, else they would have taken a much stronger FB program in West Virginia.

I happen to believe that the Lville selection DID help to save the ACC and all the credit goes to Jurich for that. However, like UConns long term athletic future is in question, so too is Lville's long term ability to maintain the athletic profile that Jurich singlehandedly created. Given the overall profiles of our respective schools, I'll take UConn's future over Louisville's future any day.

I appreciate you wanting to come on to a UConn board to defend the school you root for, I really do. However, when I look at another recent lottery winner, Rutgers, I at least see a fanbase that is intelligent enough to accept why they were selected and hold their tongue when their selection is discussed. That being said, you must understand that their moribund athletic program is held in higher esteem than the academic profile of Lville.

I think you've made some good points here, and I agree with you on the broad strokes. I'm not here to brag about UofL's academic profile with respect to UConn or any other school. Clearly, they have work to do but, I believe that they are taking steps to do so and, have made strides in that area of late.

Clearly the recent changing conference landscape has created opportunities for UofL, and they've been fortunate. That said, I believe that to a great extent you make your own luck. Louisville has worked hard as a school and athletic department to correct deficiencies and upgrade its profile nationally. As a result, they have been able to position the school as an attractive option to those conferences looking to add members - be it the BE in 2005, or the ACC in 2014.

As I've said numerous times here, UConn is a fine institution and I have always enjoyed watching its hoops programs - in fact, I'd say my favorite BE hoops team to watch not named Louisville. And I sincerely hope (and believe) that it's simply a matter of time before UConn is in the ACC. But, I'm not sure why it is you feel that Louisville supporters should hold their tongues or somehow feel sheepish about how or why the ACC selected UofL.

Would that have been your assessment to Husky fans, if it had been UConn who was selected?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I think you've made some good points here, and I agree with you on the broad strokes. I'm not here to brag about UofL's academic profile with respect to UConn or any other school. Clearly, they have work to do but, I believe that they are taking steps to do so and, have made strides in that area of late.

Clearly the recent changing conference landscape has created opportunities for UofL, and they've been fortunate. That said, I believe that to a great extent you make your own luck. Louisville has worked hard as a school and athletic department to correct deficiencies and upgrade its profile nationally. As a result, they have been able to position the school as an attractive option to those conferences looking to add members - be it the BE in 2005, or the ACC in 2014.

As I've said numerous times here, UConn is a fine institution and I have always enjoyed watching its hoops programs - in fact, I'd say my favorite BE hoops team to watch not named Louisville. And I sincerely hope (and believe) that it's simply a matter of time before UConn is in the ACC. But, I'm not sure why it is you feel that Louisville supporters should hold their tongues or somehow feel sheepish about how or why the ACC selected UofL.

Would that have been your assessment to Husky fans, if it had been UConn who was selected?
This board has been living through a decade of ACC fans mooing about the conference and its academic integrity, second in stature to the Big 10, etc. The ACC even marketed the notion that a majority of its schools were ranked in the USNWR top 40. And then when it was nut-cutting time, it threw academic integrity, its most cherished ideal (other than Tobacco Road being the epicenter of hoops) out the window and grabbed a school that was seen as academically deficient when joining the BE. Enjoy the ACC fans on other message boards who will never stop ridiculing your academics, because it is impossible to improve them enough to pass the smell test.

Reaction Score
This board has been living through a decade of ACC fans mooing about the conference and its academic integrity, second in stature to the Big 10, etc. The ACC even marketed the notion that a majority of its schools were ranked in the USNWR top 40. And then when it was nut-cutting time, it threw academic integrity, its most cherished ideal (other than Tobacco Road being the epicenter of hoops) out the window and grabbed a school that was seen as academically deficient when joining the BE. Enjoy the ACC fans on other message boards who will never stop ridiculing your academics, because it is impossible to improve them enough to pass the smell test.

Conversations about who has the best academics tend to occur, when they can't win consistently against you on the athletic field. The whole conversation is laughable - as if anything other than athletics (and singularly - football) and TV markets had anything to do with all of the conference shake ups.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Lville since they joined the big east has been on a rip. the ad and the admin there get it. They took that upgrade and BCS connection and made it count. They did everything they possibly could. From football to soccer to baseball to bball. They win just like uconn wins. If you look at the big east since Lville joined I imagine both Lville and uconn are at or around the top in championships and national ships also. Lville was and is a fun school to be around because of that. Uconn loves to have good other sports and Lville brought it in that regard. The same can be said to a way lesser degree at Marquette. They came to the big east and instead of stinkin they went for it and really became a solid program. They put out pros and won games. Great coach hires etc....other big east teams sucked but those 2 came in a gave a poop.

Lville is brutal academics wise. Wvu bad without the top award ppl to boot. Wvu has a state identity they need to serve to a certain % of its population wise, I'm not sure Lville does or just has no choice based where it sits in the academics world not being a flagship.

I find it funny when schools rip uconn for the acc "passing us over". It's pretty simple to read and listen to understand what's going on with bc and the acc not wanting to take uconn until they have to. It is what it is. We all know that ESPN preferred Cuse and uconn and fsu's study showed wvu-uconn-Lville in that order for worth to the acc. It just came a time when fball had sucked in the acc for a decade and so the first flash in the pan they could see they had to grab. Then ESPN ran with it and pumped you guys because that's what ESPN does.

Every school that has moved to the acc from the big east over the years has gone down the drain. Bc sucked, Miami sucked and guess what Pitt and Cuse are going to continue to do? Vt has been ok. They lose the big game every year. The acc is about duke and UNC bball. You won't top those 2. Then the acc is about fake perception where they prop Clem and FSU on a sec level. I. FSU has been the school that never lives up to hype for a while now and Clemson got gang screwed by wvu not to long ago. The move was nothing more than the acc needing immediate perception to save itself in the cr world. It won't last as usual.

Uconn and Lville bball are the 7th and 8th best programs of all time. It's close. We are younger in a smaller time line but have done more or less depending on which stat you throw out there. It's not worth arguing over. We are literally the 2 best schools outside the 6 blue bloods. Instead we as a group with zona, MSU and fl should all be claiming we're the new bloods in a 2nd tier of schools or something. Fight a good fight, not a stupid one.

Based on how the acc sees things. There expansion list now has Cincy on top followed by temple, Memphis, USF and UCF. Uconn better just aim big.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Conversations about who has the best academics tend to occur, when they can't win consistently against you on the athletic field. The whole conversation is laughable - as if anything other than athletics (and singularly - football) and TV markets had anything to do with all of the conference shake ups.

Ok jerk off, let's talk about whose bball players make more money? How many nba players do u have? You need to just stfu as you are bring back to life why boards last fall were all pissed about Lville. When wvu left for the b12 your fan base cried for days on several boards making a joke of yourselves. Now you get a invite and instead of learning your lesson and being happy you guys troll around and act like you were picked because you were next best when your were picked for perception purposes to tr to just keep a league alive. It's well documented what the decision was made of. If you were actually good, the b10 or b12 would have picked you. They didn't. The dreg conf we all rip on for years picked you being desperate. Wvu went to the b12 and Rutgers went to the b10? But didn't you have more championships then them? Oh boy here's a tissue.

Reaction Score
Timing and pathetic ACC football got UL into the ACC. While there isnt much difference between UL and Uconn football on the field, UL football got in at the right time while Uconn got its own Krapsthorpe at the helm.

Uconn was not added because our profile is too much like other ACC schools. Our academics, basketball, and football profiles are similar to ACC schools.

ACC added UL because ACC was feeling vulnerable and desperate. WVU would have been a way better add than UL if ACC was willing to sacrifice its academic integrity. Now ACC has none once it added the new glorified commuter college.

Academic profile matters. OSU president just stated in his rant. RU was added to the B1G because of it. UL fans should just thank their lucky stars that FSU had the biggest dick in the room when ACC was down on football and they wanted UL. ACC will regret this decision forever since they just lost one key thing that ties the conference together. Schools like UNC and UVA can't be happy with the UL addition. Those schools wanted UCONN.

UCONN will end up in a power conference sooner or later. A state flagship in the markets we are in won't be left behind when far inferior schools like UL got in. Like they say in life, timing is everything and timing simply worked out in UL's favor this time. UL was also lucky at the right place at the right time.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Ok jerk off, let's talk about whose bball players make more money? How many nba players do u have? You need to just stfu as you are bring back to life why boards last fall were all pissed about Lville. When wvu left for the b12 your fan base cried for days on several boards making a joke of yourselves. Now you get a invite and instead of learning your lesson and being happy you guys troll around and act like you were picked because you were next best when your were picked for perception purposes to tr to just keep a league alive. It's well documented what the decision was made of. If you were actually good, the b10 or b12 would have picked you. They didn't. The dreg conf we all rip on for years picked you being desperate. Wvu went to the b12 and Rutgers went to the b10? But didn't you have more championships then them? Oh boy here's a tissue.

Umm Dan, I wasn't referencing UConn in that post, so you might want to dial it back to Defcon 5. I am curious what nba alums and the respective value of their contracts has to do with conference realignment?

You're right, when we were passed over by the B12 there was a considerable amount of unhappiness. Then we got over it and positioned ourselves to get into the ACC. You can argue the add was more about perception than merit if you want. There was also the perception that if the ACC didn't add UofL, the B12 would at some point as a travel partner for WVU, etc. There was also the perception that wasn't the case with UConn and so UConn would be there whenever the ACC wanted.

That said, I have no interest in arguing further with anyone why UofL was selected over UConn, UC or anyone - the point is moot and everyone is free to believe whatever it is that they want. It is interesting in successive posts, you first speak of Louisville's merits and worth in the BE and cited the amount of BE championships as evidence that "they get it" and then 10 minutes later, say that if UofL was "actually good", it would have been selected by the b10 or b12.

Seems like you're torn on the issue...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Umm Dan, I wasn't referencing UConn in that post, so you might want to dial it back to Defcon 5. I am curious what nba alums and the respective value of their contracts has to do with conference realignment?

You're right, when we were passed over by the B12 there was a considerable amount of unhappiness. Then we got over it and positioned ourselves to get into the ACC. You can argue the add was more about perception than merit if you want. There was also the perception that if the ACC didn't add UofL, the B12 would at some point as a travel partner for WVU, etc. There was also the perception that wasn't the case with UConn and so UConn would be there whenever the ACC wanted.

That said, I have no interest in arguing further with anyone why UofL was selected over UConn, UC or anyone - the point is moot and everyone is free to believe whatever it is that they want. It is interesting in successive posts, you first speak of Louisville's merits and worth in the BE and cited the amount of BE championships as evidence that "they get it" and then 10 minutes later, say that if UofL was "actually good", it would have been selected by the b10 or b12.

Seems like you're torn on the issue...

What I was saying was that because your school is not that great acidic ally the only area where you could grow and rise was sports wise and you did so you get it. That doesn't mean you should get a invite. Boise gets it, but the PAC wasn't going to add them because of academics. The acc bent because it was a extreme time in the cr world.

Reaction Score
What I was saying was that because your school is not that great acidic ally the only area where you could grow and rise was sports wise and you did so you get it. That doesn't mean you should get a invite. Boise gets it, but the PAC wasn't going to add them because of academics. The acc bent because it was a extreme time in the cr world.

FSU made threats to torn the ACC apart if a "perceived" football school is not added. UL was the school with some recent street cred, so they got added while ACC sacrificed its own academic integrity. Now, ACC will never get that back with UL. ACC will regret this day forever. Even with GOR, I doubt ACC is safe forever. It will just be a matter of time before bigger dogs come and pick the ones they want.

Reaction Score
More reading comprehension problems for you. "...on his way..."

Ollie is a star. As for UConn fading into irrelevancy, it's interesting that you spend time over here with the irrelevant. Your life must suck.
Ollie has proven to me he can take a roster with a decent amount of talent and lose 10 games. In Pitino's second year at Louisville he took a roster full of walk ons and transfers left over from Denny Crum and went to the second round of the NCAA Tournament. Wanna know how many players on that team were drafted? 0. How many players on this year's UConn team will be drafted?

You know it, I know it. The AAC will effectively kill UConn athletics. You can't expect to maintain a foothold in the northeast when you have no regional conference neighbors (aside from perennial powerhouse Temple of course), and your best game of the season will be against Cincinnati or Memphis. Sure you guys will get to the NCAA Tournament every now and then, but when all the major schools surrounding you are raking in ten times what you are and playing against high profile teams every week what can you do?

Reaction Score
FSU made threats to torn the ACC apart if a "perceived" football school is not added. UL was the school with some recent street cred, so they got added while ACC sacrificed its own academic integrity. Now, ACC will never get that back with UL. ACC will regret this day forever. Even with GOR, I doubt ACC is safe forever. It will just be a matter of time before bigger dogs come and pick the ones they want.
This post sums up what everyone thinks of UConn fans. Adding Louisville only strengthened the ACC. If UConn had been added FSU and Clemson would've cut and run a long time ago. They got what they wanted and now the ACC has a GoR and won't lose anybody going forward and has a pretty decent TV deal to go along with it, as well as some impressive exposure along the eastern seaboard.

You guys don't seem to understand that no school added to to any conference in the last two years was added solely because of academics. If the ACC had done that last November it would effectively cease to exist in its current form today.

Bottom line, nobody wants UConn except the AAC.

Reaction Score
Ollie has proven to me he can take a roster with a decent amount of talent and lose 10 games. In Pitino's second year at Louisville he took a roster full of walk ons and transfers left over from Denny Crum and went to the second round of the NCAA Tournament. Wanna know how many players on that team were drafted? 0. How many players on this year's UConn team will be drafted?

You know it, I know it. The AAC will effectively kill UConn athletics. You can't expect to maintain a foothold in the northeast when you have no regional conference neighbors (aside from perennial powerhouse Temple of course), and your best game of the season will be against Cincinnati or Memphis. Sure you guys will get to the NCAA Tournament every now and then, but when all the major schools surrounding you are raking in ten times what you are and playing against high profile teams every week what can you do?

Wow, more interest in irrelevants, eh? That 10 loss record was in the BE, and yes the team faded at the end when 4 starters were out with injuries--didn't even play the last 4 games where they had 3 losses (including Napier, Giffey, Calhoun, etc.) They outperformed all expectations against a solid schedule including OOC. As for the AAC I expect them to be tested against Temple as well. But OOC, we'll keep playing Indiana, Florida, Maryland, Washington, Stanford, Harvard, and other ranked teams--as we're playing this year. There will be no fall off. If anything, Ollie is going to take UConn recruiting up a class. While you're suffering with Richard Pitino Junior, Ollie will be long established as one of the best in the country. Add to that TV exposure (CBS has guaranteed 12 national telecasts (which AAC teams do you think they'll show?) while ESPN is also giving the conference a lot of exposure (I expect Louisville to be a big beneficiary this year along with UConn, and you'll see exactly how much exposure this conference gets).

UConn, with Hamilton, Purvis, Calhoun, Facey has a solid nucleus of 4 already signed up, and any additions will have them in the championship hunt. Next year's team is fringe F4/F8 which is exactly the kind of showing Ollie will give to keep the recruiting momentum going. UConn absolutely lucked out by hiring this guy. All the gurus on the trail have noted his immense appeal, and his coaching skills (Xs and Os) have been evident as well.

Reaction Score
This post sums up what everyone thinks of UConn fans. Adding Louisville only strengthened the ACC. If UConn had been added FSU and Clemson would've cut and run a long time ago. They got what they wanted and now the ACC has a GoR and won't lose anybody going forward and has a pretty decent TV deal to go along with it, as well as some impressive exposure along the eastern seaboard.

You guys don't seem to understand that no school added to to any conference in the last two years was added solely because of academics. If the ACC had done that last November it would effectively cease to exist in its current form today.

Strengthened the ACC in what? Basketball? Yes, because the ACC has sucked at that recently. UConn would have strengthened it more. As for football, you guys are 4-4 against UConn since joining the BE, and even in your best year you last to UConn. Can you say paper tigers? You'll fit in nicely with the rest of the ACC and their pathetic brand of football (mind you, I'm making no claims for UConn football, I know it is poor, just as many UConn fans have said--but UConn in one of its poorest years can still beat the best Louisville team in ages, and this goes to show you the level of football at both schools is not very high).

Reaction Score

I guess Jurich must be a liar cause he said UCONN was essentially penciled in before UL made the late push. UVA and UNC must been lying when they said they wanted UCONN.

ACC is a desperate conference. They added commuter school because they are scared.

UCONN will end up in a better place sooner or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom