oooohhhhh Mr. Wilsonnnnnn........ | Page 4 | The Boneyard

oooohhhhh Mr. Wilsonnnnnn........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The only thing good about this thread is that it shows that there are still thoughtful people left in the world. The conclusions drawn by some others on this board are beyond stupid. To conclude from this photo that Mr. Wilson is exhibiting some sort of abusive behavior toward a young woman for whom his own daughter has expressed admiration makes no sense. Here is a father who was a pretty good basketball player himself, who has coached men and women in several sports on the small-college level, and has been long an advocate for troubled youth choosing this moment to become a mean disappointed parent? As black men often do, I sometimes point to people that I'm saying goodbye to, in fact, sometimes I do it when I say hello. One thing is certain, I never waste a "point" on someone I don't like. I doubt that Mr. Wilson was either.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
The Nefarious Encounter

The%20nefarious%20encounter.jpg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The Nefarious Encounter

The%20nefarious%20encounter.jpg
I've been wondering if someone would start a caption this thread.

The possibilities are endless:

Wilson: Bre you have a little pizza sauce on your chin, right there.
Stewart: Thanks Mr. Wilson. Did I get it?

Wilson: So the men's room is over there?
Stewart: Yes, just out the door and to the right.
Wilson: Thanks Breanna. Good game today!

Wilson: I have an invisible parakeet. I bring him to games and he stays right he on my finger.
Stewart: Uh, I have to go now.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I'm just glad that threads like this aren't unique to Gamecock message boards. Whew.

Reaction Score
This thread is actually kind of interesting in that it reminds me of a Communications 101 course freshman year where the professor shows a still photo and asks the students what they can conclude...after an hour of debate the only conclusion is that you can't conclude anything. However, IMHO, it borders on being shameful that any poster indict someone's character with such meager information.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
We all know you mean well Huskynan, but in today's society, with parents arrested for having their kids "walk to school" and/or spanking them, there is a whole new set of social criteria in place for how we relate to each other (try talking to a graade school teacher). Would it have been better if Stewie had had her hands raised? Of course things are getting to be different at an alarming pace, but there are alot of good reasons for these things (and maybe some not so good).... :oops:
Mr. Wilson should have used more tact. In fact he should have known better.
Breanna, Moriah, and Morgan spent the summer of 2013 with A'ja Wilson on USA Basketball's U19 team. I'd be surprised if the Huskies players hadn't met Mr Wilson somewhere alomg the way as parents usually attend some of the games played in the US.

It would also be surprising to me if a UConn official wasn't in the area since there were non-UConn folks still around. Stewie only needed to call out if she felt threatened. In addition, the CT sportswriters remain in the area to finish their game reports and none of them even hinted at a problem.

To me, this is a non-issue.

Last edited:

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
We all know you mean well Huskynan, but in today's society, with parents arrested for having their kids "walk to school" and/or spanking them, there is a whole new set of social criteria in place for how we relate to each other (try talking to a graade school teacher). Would it have been better if Stewie had had her hands raised? Of course things are getting to be different at an alarming pace, but there are alot of good reasons for these things (and maybe some not so good).... :oops:
Mr. Wilson should have used more tact. In fact he should have known better.

What are you talking about? Seriously, what do you mean?

Reaction Score
IMHO, it borders on being shameful that any poster indict someone's character with such meager information.

Yes. Very shameful. I am sure that if Breanna Stewart read this, she would think it shameful and absurd.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Is the reason this thread hasn't been locked yet an exercise in flushing out the truly inane? This board never disappoints.

Reaction Score
Would it be too much for you to provide "The Source?" Or maybe, I dunno, give the slightest bit of context to the photo?
Completely unrelated to this thread, but I just wanted to say your avatar is AWESOME.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If you mark it as the worst ever someone might take that as a challenge to excel by posting a more insane thread.

Reaction Score
This thread should've been a caption contest, clearly. ;)

"And tell your father to never pair a large patterned tie with a large patterned shirt."
"Um, OK?"
"Tell him I'll be checking for that the next time we meet, you hear?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member