oooohhhhh Mr. Wilsonnnnnn........ | The Boneyard

oooohhhhh Mr. Wilsonnnnnn........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Source where I received the picture caption stated that Roscoe Wilson, A'ja's Dad, told Stewie that South Carolina will be seeing UConn again and to be ready. He wasn't a happy camper. Lol
IMG_20150213_042329.jpg

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Smile when you say that partner!

Or maybe "don't you know it's impolite to point like that?"

Reaction Score
Maybe Roscoe Wilson plans to help Dawn Staley coach.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It looks bad, but I hate to think that the father of a player was looking super angry with the aggressive finger point towards an opposing player. Regardless whether the young lady in the picture is Stewie, or someone else, the look on his face and body language SEEMS to be angry and aggressive.

As I said, tho, sometimes pictures can be deceiving and maybe he was trying to be funny, or exhibit faux anger or whatever. I'm not surprised he was an unhappy camper - his daughter's team got slaughtered.

Newsflash Mr. Wilson - SC has a VERY slim window to possibly win a NC. This year and next year. After that their chances drop a ton. Unfortunately SC is about a mile behind UCONN and it won't be any better next year with our addition of Collier, Butler, KLS and Boykin...

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
The Source where I received the picture caption stated that Roscoe Wilson, A'ja's Dad, told Stewie that South Carolina will be seeing UConn again and to be ready. He wasn't a happy camper. Lol

Would it be too much for you to provide "The Source?" Or maybe, I dunno, give the slightest bit of context to the photo?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It looks bad, but I hate to think that the father of a player was looking super angry with the aggressive finger point towards an opposing player. Regardless whether the young lady in the picture is Stewie, or someone else, the look on his face and body language SEEMS to be angry and aggressive.

As I said, tho, sometimes pictures can be deceiving and maybe he was trying to be funny, or exhibit faux anger or whatever. I'm not surprised he was an unhappy camper - his daughter's team got slaughtered.

Newsflash Mr. Wilson - SC has a VERY slim window to possibly win a NC. This year and next year. After that their chances drop a ton. Unfortunately SC is about a mile behind UCONN and it won't be any better next year with our addition of Collier, Butler, KLS and Boykin...

Agreed. It's hard to tell from a snap shot if he was just feigning anger for a moment as a joke but but that pict does get my parental protective juices flowing.

Edit after 'Cat's post: I can see myself making a similar comment with a kid I knew well. When a neighborhood kid came by to tell me that he was accepted to BC I congratulated him and then told him to get hell out of my yard. When he's back in town we trade barbs between his telling me how colleges is going.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Agreed. It's hard to tell from a snap shot if he was just feigning angry for a moment but but that pict does get my parental protective juices flowing.

Sorry but no excuse for a parent of the opposing team to do that. It is not their place. He is not playing the game. Leave it to Aj'a to prove herself on the court.
To me he is a Bully and should be spoken to by Coach Staley. Poor representation of South Carolina.

If what is now being said that he was joking. Why post a picture like that, Especially if it can be misinterpreted as a negative action. As I said before," Aj'a is the only that should be talking smack and then proving it on the court.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
That happened after the game? Why were the players even in Gampel after the game? I thought their locker room was in the new practice facility where the coach's offices are now located?

Reaction Score
Sorry but no excuse for a parent of the opposing team to do that. It is not their place. He is not playing the game. Leave it to Aj'a to prove herself on the court.
To me he is a Bully and should be spoken to by Coach Staley. Poor representation of South Carolina.

I don't know if he's a hot head or not. I just thought of it as a Dad who was kidding around with one of his Daughter's former teammates. Maybe it was bad timing.

Reaction Score
This doesn't necessarily apply to the Wilsons, but Geno did say they vet the family as well as the recruit, and that sometimes they won't consider a recruit because of the family. This seems like something out of context.

Reaction Score
I would like to think that the picture caught Mr. Wilson in mid sentence and gesture. Without the full context of what was going on, I know that I might come to a conclusion that is unfounded.
Yes, let's not make too much of this without the context.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't know if he's a hot head or not. I just thought of it as a Dad who was kidding around with one of his Daughter's former teammates. Maybe it was bad timing.
Most likely answer.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I would be surprised if he said anything in other than a joking manner. The Wilson's are well respected in Columbia and A'ja's grandfather even has a street named after him very close to where I live.
I would agree that we shouldn't be condemning him on a picture where he could have been joking.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Well UCONN does play SC next year- I'm sure Stewie will be ready. Wait!!!??? SNAP! Surely Roscoe is not itching for another beatdown a few months from now in the tournament is he ?

Reaction Score
My first impression when looking at the photo was that it was a very disturbing image of an angry adult threatening a college kid (no matter who it eventually turns out she is). Completely inappropriate and something that should never have been enabled by the juxtaposition of players and adults - keep them separated, there should be no opportunity for interaction and this kind of verbal assault.

My second reaction as I read further, and nodded my head with some BYers expressing caution, was that I really should cut the guy a break since I did not see images from before and after this shot was snapped, and that I needed context.

Then I pasted the image into software such that I could enlarge it and get in close. See the expression lines in his face (and his friend?), see the body posture, see the tension in his fingers. My reaction swung back to this being a hostile individual who should be reported and NEVER allowed near opposing team players. Hey there Mr. Wilson, at the end of the day, this is a game, a sport - and your daughter is playing, not you. Don't be so insecure as to invest so much of your worth and well being into the outcome of a game - he needs context, not us!

Sorry to the cautious ones on the board, but I'm dropping this guy into the bucket of people I never want to encounter, either in a crowded setting or on a deserted street. Gives me the CREEEEEPS... :eek:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
My first impression when looking at the photo was that it was a very disturbing image of an angry adult threatening a college kid (no matter who it eventually turns out she is). Completely inappropriate and something that should never have been enabled by the juxtaposition of players and adults - keep them separated, there should be no opportunity for interaction and this kind of verbal assault.

My second reaction as I read further, and nodded my head with some BYers expressing caution, was that I really should cut the guy a break since I did not see images from before and after this shot was snapped, and that I needed context.

Then I pasted the image into software such that I could enlarge it and get in close. See the expression lines in his face (and his friend?), see the body posture, see the tension in his fingers. My reaction swung back to this being an unstable and hostile individual who should be reported and NEVER allowed near opposing team players. Hey there Mr. Wilson, at the end of the day, this is a game, a sport - and your daughter is playing, not you. Don't be so insecure as to invest so much of your worth and well being into the outcome of a game - he needs context, not us!

Sorry to the cautious ones on the board, but I'm dropping this guy into the bucket of people I never want to encounter, either in a crowded setting or on a deserted street. Gives me the CREEEEEPS... :eek:
Lurker,
you lost my support at: I pasted the image into software such that I could enlarge it and get in close. Why ? Is it possible that someone would/could come to the opposite conclusion-that there was no tension or malice in the magnification?

Reaction Score
Lurker,
you lost my support at: I pasted the image into software such that I could enlarge it and get in close. Why ? Is it possible that someone would/could come to the opposite conclusion-that there was no tension or malice in the magnification?

No, just old eyes that needed more magnification to make sure I was not confused about what I was seeing. If you're young, you will come to know... I interpreted other posters as saying maybe there were smiles just before and/or after this image was taken. After I got a close look, I did not think that was the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom