oooohhhhh Mr. Wilsonnnnnn........ | Page 2 | The Boneyard

oooohhhhh Mr. Wilsonnnnnn........

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Lots of speculation above... With all that goes on nowadays with abuse and worse, I hope that this picture is not taken lightly. Who knows what was being said? And to whom it was said? Is that AW's father? and is that Stewie? I hope it's nothing as some have suggested, but then again perhaps it warrants at least checking out the details. This picture is scary...

Reaction Score
My special software for blowing up the pic is just two fingers on an iPad, but to me his face looks relaxed and possibly happy - gesture could easily be something like, "Back at ya, Stew" or something like that.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
No, just old eyes that needed more magnification to make sure I was not confused about what I was seeing. If you're young, you will come to know... I interpreted other posters as saying maybe there were smiles just before and/or after this image was taken. After I got a close look, I did not think that was the case.
Ok I'll bite. How does one point without putting tension in ones finger?

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
My first impression when looking at the photo was that it was a very disturbing image of an angry adult threatening a college kid (no matter who it eventually turns out she is). Completely inappropriate and something that should never have been enabled by the juxtaposition of players and adults - keep them separated, there should be no opportunity for interaction and this kind of verbal assault.

My second reaction as I read further, and nodded my head with some BYers expressing caution, was that I really should cut the guy a break since I did not see images from before and after this shot was snapped, and that I needed context.

Then I pasted the image into software such that I could enlarge it and get in close. See the expression lines in his face (and his friend?), see the body posture, see the tension in his fingers. My reaction swung back to this being a hostile individual who should be reported and NEVER allowed near opposing team players. Hey there Mr. Wilson, at the end of the day, this is a game, a sport - and your daughter is playing, not you. Don't be so insecure as to invest so much of your worth and well being into the outcome of a game - he needs context, not us!

Sorry to the cautious ones on the board, but I'm dropping this guy into the bucket of people I never want to encounter, either in a crowded setting or on a deserted street. Gives me the CREEEEEPS... :eek:
I'm sorry but your postulation that you can deduce such stuff from a still image is preposterous.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I don't know how anyone can make anything of that picture. A snapshot can catch something that is fleeting and not at all representative of what was happening the moment. Who took the picture? He might have been asking directions to the bathroom. If that's Stewie for real, he might have been saying "I wish we had you." or "Look, playing you guys, I chewed my fingernail down to the bone."

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
We know other parents who have been more of a liability than an asset, but it's impossible to know what was going on here.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
I'm sorry but your postulation that you can deduce such stuff from a still image is preposterous.
What? Take a close gander at the middle finger knuckle below the pointer, and that is just exuding tension.

Actually, I tried working my hand into that kind of arrangement, and the only way I could do it was with a mock smile on my face, so maybe he is only teasing.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
That's Aja's brother in the left of the pic. I went down and sat next to them and chatted with both of them for 15 minutes prior to the game. They couldn't have been more cordial or nicer. Although he wondered aloud whether Aja would get booed during intro's b cause she didn't come to UConn. I told him, I don't know what the student section would or wouldn't do, but I doubted mature Ct fans would boo. I told him Elena Della Donne rec'd standing ovations in regionals in Ct her Sr yr. I said we have so much talent now and coming in the future there was no reason for anyone to be bitter! But I couldn't guess as to his character either way- including one snap shot.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
That really doesn't look like Stewie to me. Hair is too blonde and too long, and the posture doesn't look like her. I think this is just Internet garbage until someone stands up and says "I took that picture at this specific time, and the other person in the picture was _______."

Reaction Score
Kidding around or not... does anyone else find it odd that these two people would be that alone in Gampel? I mean the Yellow Jackets used to rush people out of there as quickly as possible.... and there was no one else around? It just seems very odd to me

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Looks like Stewie to me. She was wearing that same jacket-whole team has those jackets- and rocking that same Michael Kors bag after the game at Temple.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

So that's different from every other post because....?

Anyway, I was curious after reading the post so I did the same thing. Although the resulted ended up being a little pixelated I think I can see a smile

pixelated_mario_by_elijahthe1st-d5tj3qc.jpg

See not very threatening at all, well unless he's holding an orange shell....

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes, let's not make too much of this without the context.
A picture tells a thousand words. No matter what was done here, this picture should be made viral and we will see if he is gracious to apologise, or confirm his intent. If he is indeed being vindictive, he should be hit with a restraining order and kept out of the next game cause Stewie and the ladies are going to take SC back to school. Any future inappropriate action should be deterred.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I think you need a little more to go on for a restraining order. Like starting with a complaint (from the person who feels threatened - if any), not from a partisan Internet message board, based on one anonymous snapshot with no context.

Reaction Score
I would have loved Stewie's reply to be.....keep walkin' pal.....in a joking manner of course.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
That really doesn't look like Stewie to me. Hair is too blonde and too long, and the posture doesn't look like her. I think this is just Internet garbage until someone stands up and says "I took that picture at this specific time, and the other person in the picture was _______."

See post #11 in this thread. The photo was taken by Derek Phillips, a reporter with WACH Fox news in Columbia, SC. He traveled to Storrs to cover the game for the station. He tweeted the photo and identified 2 of the individuals in the photo -- yes, that is Breanna Stewart. He also explained the context.

Reaction Score
The Source where I received the picture caption stated that Roscoe Wilson, A'ja's Dad, told Stewie that South Carolina will be seeing UConn again and to be ready. He wasn't a happy camper. Lol View attachment 8488

Geno should call Dawn, verify the picture, and Ms Staley should have a talk with the players' parents about unacceptable conduct.
Totally uncalled for action against a college player.

Reaction Score
Restraining orders? Call Dawn? Woah relax.....this is just a little fun trash talk (as reported).

Reaction Score
Geno should call Dawn, verify the picture, and Ms Staley should have a talk with the players' parents about unacceptable conduct.
Totally uncalled for action against a college player.

Much ado about nothing. Geno would laugh in your face if you suggested that. This is a parent who knows Breanna pretty well. As JohhnyC says: "a little fun trash talk". NOT A BIG DEAL. NOT EVEN A LITTLE DEAL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom