Olympics- Simone Biles quits and Russians win gold | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Olympics- Simone Biles quits and Russians win gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I appreciate the honesty & rawness of how you feel about me & I wouldn’t want it any other way, although I don’t agree with the sentiment. My goal in the future will be to change your perspective of how you see me into a more positive connotation. I only have respect for you & everyone on this forum. Thank you for your feedback.

I would like to hear what you have to say.

Reaction Score
Ok I'm watching the olympics right now and Simone Biles is out there in uniform, NBC is saying its live when I'm pressing the guide button I'm kind of confused, this can't be live I guess.
I mean, it’s live to you I guess. Earliest she would be back to compete is Thursday (Tokyo time), if she does compete in the individual events.

Reaction Score
good luck with that. if you aren't totally PC you
Freedom of speech doesn't apply here.

Also people with offensive opinions deserve to be shouted down. You can't give them a voice or the radical becomes normalized. Fringe people (on both sides) need to be labeled and ostracized as such when their ideas hurt other people.
I have different style of how I interact with others- I only believe in interacting & treating people positively & respectfully no matter how they treat or interact with me. I am me & how someone treats me has no influence how I treat them (I do my best) otherwise I would let other people dictate my behavior & who I am.

With that said, If I believe moving forward they will cause harm to my loved ones or myself I will end the relationship.

I really enjoy & admire what this forum has built & how the community has grown & I love listening to other peoples perspectives & really just communicating & going back & forth with how others feel & how each of us see subject matters. I think this forum has helped me grow as a person & have a better overall understanding of so many different topics & subject matters. As I said previously I don’t believe the name calling is constructive or productive & I chose not to join- but again that is my opinion & I respect & understand what you said above.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I have no issue with this young woman and her decisions and I’m in awe of her talent and courage.

But the day I saw that she was sporting GOAT outfits I felt a pang like it was Bad Idea Jeans.

To me, that only adds to the pressure and it’s going to be that much harder to keep living up to that no matter who you are.

There is no better competitive position than being underestimated.

Reaction Score
I mean, it’s live to you I guess. Earliest she would be back to compete is Thursday (Tokyo time), if she does compete in the individual events.

Ok its from yesterday, I didnt realize that Biles actually gave it a go, you gotta respect that and she was honest with her teammates. NBC coverage sucks btw, if its not live dont say it is.

Reaction Score
Good for her. Her making that choice to step down on the biggest stage to highlight mental health and prompt discussions on it is very brave. She knew she’d get pushback from all of the mouth breathers out there. Imagine being actually mad about this - my god get over yourself. Mental health issues are real. She’s a hero in my book.

Reaction Score
Tiger or Usain aren't ending up paralyzed if they have a bad day in their sports.

She’s had that risk at every event she’s ever been in and dominated. Every practice even. She’s taken on that risk literally thousands of times. Why now? Makes no sense.

Reaction Score
Watching it now she was there btw essentially being a coach to her teammates, media made it seem like she just quit and left, I have to believe she had an injury. I always gotta see it before forming my opinion from own opinion, rather then jumping the gun on media click bate.

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
That word "quits" is the root of the post. The root grew the indictment.
dayyyyummmm. u win the thread there, shakespeare. tight, concise, loaded with meaning, and less words than it took me to write this.

Reaction Score
Watching it now she was there btw essentially being a coach to her teammates, media made it seem like she just quit and left, I have to believe she had an injury. I always gotta see it before forming my opinion from the media.
You might want to consume so different media.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Watching it now she was there btw essentially being a coach to her teammates, media made it seem like she just quit and left, I have to believe she had an injury. I always gotta see it before forming my opinion from the media.
Huh? She didn’t have an injury. There’s no speculation. I didn’t see any media that said she quit and left. I saw titles of threads that made it seem like that but I didn’t see any coverage that said she left.

Reaction Score
People acting like she just was like, "Nah, I'm good." Chick trains harder and longer than you've ever trained for anything in your life just for that moment. Maybe recognize that something must've been really really wrong, whether you can see it or not, for her to make that decision.

Reaction Score
Huh? She didn’t have an injury. There’s no speculation. I didn’t see any media that said she quit and left. I saw titles of threads that made it seem like that but I didn’t see any coverage that said she left.
Im watching it and it really does look like she was hurt, maybe mentally not there, regardless she was their with her teammates. I didnt click on anything btw so I just took the news headlines as if she had just quit and didnt participate, making her decision sound worse then it was thats media click bate for ya though.

Reaction Score
You've shown yourself to be the stupid one. You someone who just makes excuses for people.
You either Do or you DON'T. She plain wasn't feelin' it and just Quit.
Nasser stuff didn't affect her last Olympics, World championships , qualifying. It all came to a head right now in CRUNCH TIME.
Girl Quit and he will and should affect her payday. Same as if she did do well, then it would also affect her payday, this time positively.
You poor thing; you can’t even write

Reaction Score
You might want to consume so different media.
You might wanna spell the word "some" correctly. My point was the media headlines made it sound worse then it actually was. Her being there with her team makes me respect her decision more.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I have a family member with mental health issues, so I am trying to be sympathetic here, but am at a loss to understand why her mental issues caused her to quit on the team, but leave open participating in the individual events. In my value system, the team always comes first.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
You might wanna spell the word "some" correctly. My point was the media made it sound worse then it actually was. Her being there with her team makes me respect her decision more.
Lol you got the idea that she left Tokyo in your head for some reason and are blaming the media even after saying you didn’t read anything

Reaction Score
You might wanna spell the word "some" correctly. My point was the media made it sound worse then it actually was. Her being there with her team makes me respect her decision more.
What media? I read a bunch of stories on it and they all explained exactly what happened.

Reaction Score
Lol you got the idea that she left Tokyo in your head for some reason and are blaming the media even after saying you didn’t read anything

I didnt say she left Tokyo, btw I just said the headlines made it sound worse which is usually the case.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I didnt say she left Tokyo, btw I just said the headlines made it sound worse which is usually the case.
Lol dude if you wanna edit it and then say “oh my bad I meant headlines” that’s good but don’t edit it and tell me you never said otherwise. Your post before your edit is in my quote post lol

Reaction Score
None of her reasoning or logic makes any sense. She says it was best for the team, but she completely screwed the team by doing one event and then quitting. She could’ve done this yesterday and another girl could’ve taken her spot. So what she did is literally the worst thing possible for the team.

and she’s also not exactly clear why she did it. She’s mentioned all kinds of reasons, Best for the team, fear of injury, too much pressure etc. Why can’t we just tell it like it is. She vastly underperformed for possibly all of those reasons or possibly something else.

But this is basically an all time choke job. Probably the biggest in history. AND she screwed her team over. AND she quit. Plenty of athletes have wilted under pressure but it’s never been celebrated as “raising awareness for mental health”. Not many have quit in similar fashion but they also weren’t being celebrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom