Olympics- Simone Biles quits and Russians win gold | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Olympics- Simone Biles quits and Russians win gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
You've shown yourself to be the stupid one. You someone who just makes excuses for people.
You either Do or you DON'T. She plain wasn't feelin' it and just Quit.
Nasser stuff didn't affect her last Olympics, World championships , qualifying. It all came to a head right now in CRUNCH TIME.
Girl Quit and he will and should affect her payday. Same as if she did do well, then it would also affect her payday, this time positively.
Delete your account

Reaction Score
You've shown yourself to be the stupid one. You someone who just makes excuses for people.
Nasser stuff didn't affect her last Olympics, World championships , qualifying. It all came to a head right now in CRUNCH TIME.
Girl Quit and he will and should affect her payday. Same as if she did do well, then it would also affect her payday, this time positively.
You have no understanding of people who have experienced trauma. I pity you and anyone around you who ever has anything to recover emotionally from.

Reaction Score
Go to 99 Cent Store buy a mirror.

Reaction Score
Luckily you made this post anyway so we still know you're a bad guy
Only if you knew me- calling me a bad guy is not practical or logical to me- but to each is own. I have never called anyone a bad person or a negative name on this boneyard website.

Reaction Score
Ill go ahead and just ask you all this question. If Shabazz quit at the Final Four in 2014 how would you all feel be honest.

Reaction Score
Ill go ahead and just ask you all this question. If Shabazz quit at the Final Four in 2014 how would you all feel be honest.
It will be OK since he was a UConn player and a male .. :p

Reaction Score
Luckily you made this post anyway so we still know you're a bad guy
Also I am not into the name calling & slander of other people in the yard- I see us as a community & although we have different opinions on subject matters, I don’t see how it is heathy or productive- it has never been me & will never be me- never understood it- with that said we have freedom of speech so I guess it is par for the course.

Reaction Score
Also I am not into the name calling & slander of other people in the yard- I see us as a community & although we have different opinions on subject matters, I don’t see how it is heathy or productive- it has never been me & will never be me- never understood it- with that said we have freedom of speech so I guess it is par for the course.

Go ahead say what you wanna say, put it out there.

Reaction Score
If something happened that caused him to feel that his safety/health were in jeopardy from continuing to compete, I think any rational adult would have understood. I like to think most of us here realize there are plenty of more important things than sports, no matter the level.

Reaction Score
I respect her mental health and hope she is back to being her usual self. The only thing that I don’t get is why she was feeling so much pressure. I know she is the face of women’s gymnastics, almost all olympians. So I get that she is a huge name and millions of people probably look up to her.

But she’s been an Olympian before. She won 4 gold medals last time. Has a billion world championship golds. Team USA has won the team event the last two team golds and were heavy favorites this year. So She’s not trying to end some long painful losing streak for her country. Team USA wins the overall medal count every year. so I don’t see why she would be feeling this extreme pressure to deliver for her team, team USA , or the USA in general.

She’s the best of all time. she rolls out of bed and is better than everyone else half asleep. And she didn’t even need to be good for us to win gold. She even didn’t need to be average for her. She could’ve been really really bad for her standards and we would still win.

it would be like usain bolt having to run a 11 second 100m to win gold or tiger having to shoot 85 to win the Ryder cup. It’s really bizarre.

Reaction Score
I find many posts on here very odd as if she owes any of us anything. Beyond ensuring her own health, the only people's opinions she should care about are her teammates. I havent seen any quotes but I bet they support her 100%.

Reaction Score
If something happened that caused him to feel that his safety/health were in jeopardy from continuing to compete, I think any rational adult would have understood. I like to think most of us here realize there are plenty of more important things than sports, no matter the level.

I kind of have mixed feelings on all of this. Sounds like this wasnt a surprise to her teammates. A part of me thinks if this were a male athlete there would be far less public sentiment.

Of course there are more important things then sports, part of being a GOAT in your own sport is blocking out off the sport obstacles in life, even MJ had to quit after winning 3 titles in a row after the death of his father. The news is a bit of a shocker the day of a gold medal match, life decisions.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Until I read someone using the word "withdraw," I had a sense that there was a better word but I couldn't come up with it. I think you might have benefitted by its use
When we're no longer supposed to use words which describe the action we're in a strange place. Left, quit, exited, withdrew, departed, stopped competing, gave up, etc.

I just looked up the story and the first article which pops up is Simone Biles didn't quit. She refused. Today she stepped into a beautiful, radical, overlooked tradition: the Black Art of Escape.

The articles and tweets that pop up are that she showed what a hero she is today, she showed radical courage, she won etc. And then you have the tweet from Clay Travis.

It's really okay to say what happened, she quit. It doesn't make her a bad person, it doesn't mean she's not an incredible gymnast, and it obviously doesn't mean she should be barred from competing again. From everything I've seen she's a great person and from everything I've heard she's the best gymnast ever. She just wasn't in the right headspace and was performing poorly so she quit. She didn't feel she could compete any further and thought the team would perform better without her, it is what it is. I really hope she competes 2 days from now and wins gold.

Reaction Score
Delete yours…. She quit plain & simple. We need less coddling and more personal responsibility in this country. We’ve become a nation full of Sallys

Yes, Simone Biles has been coddled. Finally someone understands. The girl who was sexually abused for years and is the GOAT in one of the most dangerous and physically demanding sports has been coddled. She is such a Sally!!!

Back in my day we won world championships with TWO kidney stones and did double backflips onto BOTH sprained ankles. Pathetic.

Reaction Score
Only if you knew me- calling me a bad guy is not practical or logical to me- but to each is own. I have never called anyone a bad person or a negative name on this boneyard website.
I try and refrain from name calling as much as possible here, but this situation is personal and I've seen all I need to see from your post to say bad guy

Reaction Score
I respect her mental health and hope she is back to being her usual self. The only thing that I don’t get is why she was feeling so much pressure. I know she is the face of women’s gymnastics, almost all olympians. So I get that she is a huge name and millions of people probably look up to her.

But she’s been an Olympian before. She won 4 gold medals last time. Has a billion world championship golds. Team USA has won the team event the last two team golds and were heavy favorites this year. So She’s not trying to end some long painful losing streak for her country. Team USA wins the overall medal count every year. so I don’t see why she would be feeling this extreme pressure to deliver for her team, team USA , or the USA in general.

She’s the best of all time. she rolls out of bed and is better than everyone else half asleep. And she didn’t even need to be good for us to win gold. She even didn’t need to be average for her. She could’ve been really really bad for her standards and we would still win.

it would be like usain bolt having to run a 11 second 100m to win gold or tiger having to shoot 85 to win the Ryder cup. It’s really bizarre.
Tiger or Usain aren't ending up paralyzed if they have a bad day in their sports.

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score
good luck with that. if you aren't totally PC you will get throttled.

Reaction Score

Freedom of speech doesn't apply here.

Also people with offensive opinions deserve to be shouted down. You can't give them a voice or the radical becomes normalized. Fringe people (on both sides) need to be labeled and ostracized as such when their ideas hurt other people.

Reaction Score
I try and refrain from name calling as much as possible here, but this situation is personal and I've seen all I need to see from your post to say bad guy
I appreciate the honesty & rawness of how you feel about me & I wouldn’t want it any other way, although I don’t agree with the sentiment. My goal in the future will be to change your perspective of how you see me into a more positive connotation. I only have respect for you & everyone on this forum. Thank you for your feedback.

Reaction Score
Ok I'm watching the olympics right now and Simone Biles is out there in uniform, NBC is saying its live when I'm pressing the guide button I'm kind of confused, this can't be live I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom