OC Search | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OC Search

Reaction Score
He just told mike Anthony he wants the job.
Could be or could have been the case, but wanting a job, wanting an unavailable opportunity, and getting the position now are significantly different considerations. Regardless, UConn's job spec strongly suggests it ain't happen' now! Next ...

Reaction Score
Corey and Randy Edsall just started following Brian White - His brother is recently hired special teams coordinator Chris White. No NFL experience or gaps in employment though. could just be bc brother was hired. Interesting resume.
I hope it is not White. Wisconsin's offense was stagnant until they made Chryst Co-OC and then permanent OC. And, he was OC during the Syracuse terrible years. In 10 years, nobody has hired him as an OC, so that says something.

Reaction Score
Frank Cignetti fits. Not hard to think we can potentially end up with whoever is interested in the RU job and doesn't get it. Seem to be looking for similar qualifications.

Isn't he a Edsall1.0 type? Run, run, pass punt or at least that what I remember when he was at Pitt

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Stop kidding yourself. New England and Dallas are barely even on the same planets.
Explain, please.

I grew up Westchester County, NY and Fairfield County. I've lived my entire adult life in Collin County, TX which is Dallas' version of Westchester and Fairfield.

CT has more hills and trees. Dallas is (on average) 15 degrees warmer. There are physical differences and some minor cultural differences. But suburban America is fairly similar whether you're in suburban Chicago, suburban Atlanta, or suburban Seattle.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Explain, please.

I grew up Westchester County, NY and Fairfield County. I've lived my entire adult life in Collin County, TX which is Dallas' version of Westchester and Fairfield.

CT has more hills and trees. Dallas is (on average) 15 degrees warmer. There are physical differences and some minor cultural differences. But suburban America is fairly similar whether you're in suburban Chicago, suburban Atlanta, or suburban Seattle.

Because it’s easier to go from
North to south than south to north. I think it is the southerners who don’t have the ability to adapt to the different culture.

Suburban Seattle is also big outlier compared to those other places you mentioned. Definitely NOT similar.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Because it’s easier to go from
North to south than south to north. I think it is the southerners who don’t have the ability to adapt to the different culture.

Suburban Seattle is also big outlier compared to those other places you mentioned. Definitely NOT similar.
I think I would agree with that.

I've only been to Seattle once, and that was 24 years ago.

Reaction Score
I think I would agree with that.

I've only been to Seattle once, and that was 24 years ago.

It’s great. You get to pay 700k for a shanty. It’s no wonder they have such a big homeless problem.

Reaction Score
Huh. Plano is in Collin County. Where I got my car.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Explain, please.

I’ve lived in suburban CT, KC, CA Bay Area and now Massachusetts. I find them all very different, except suburban Boston and Hartford are somewhat similar.

If you were say, a conservative, religious, Baptist from Arkansas...you really think moving to progressive, secular/Catholic/Jewish Connecticut presents a similar environment?

Reaction Score
we can't bring in anyone from the south because they would leave after 1 year, so lets bring in someone from the north with the run,run,pass philosophy. there is nothing more exciting than predictability. Until Lashlee came on board, that was UCONN football to a T.

Reaction Score
I’ve lived in suburban CT, KC, CA Bay Area and now Massachusetts. I find them all very different, except suburban Boston and Hartford are somewhat similar.

If you were say, a conservative, religious, Baptist from Arkansas...you really think moving to progressive, secular/Catholic/Jewish Connecticut presents a similar environment?
You forgot secular.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score

I've lived in suburban NYC, Chicago, and Dallas. If you are upper-middle income and have a house on a quarter acre, etc. I don't think there is a huge difference between them.

Now if you want to compare the coast of Maine with the oil fields of West Texas, then you have culture shock.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The more I hear it, the more I'd be okay with Weist.

On the other hand, I am not as tuned in to college football as some, nor as I was in my pre-kids days, and even then...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I've lived in suburban NYC, Chicago, and Dallas. If you are upper-middle income and have a house on a quarter acre, etc. I don't think there is a huge difference between them.

Now if you want to compare the coast of Maine with the oil fields of West Texas, then you have culture shock.

Aside from parts of Westchester and Fairfiled Cty, none of those places have suburbs that are all like the one I live in now outside Boston. 1/4 acre? Yes, in Dallas, KC, California, Chicago and Atlanta that's a thing. That's a tiny lot around here. And I find the people very different as well. But it's obvious that you think about things differently than I do. I had friends from KC move to Dallas....they hated it. And those places are fairly similar in most ways compared to Connecticut and Dallas.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Aside from parts of Westchester and Fairfiled Cty, none of those places have suburbs that are all like the one I live in now outside Boston. 1/4 acre? Yes, in Dallas, KC, California, Chicago and Atlanta that's a thing. That's a tiny lot around here. And I find the people very different as well. But it's obvious that you think about things differently than I do. I had friends from KC move to Dallas....they hated it. And those places are fairly similar in most ways compared to Connecticut and Dallas.
We'll have to agree to disagree. I don't see a huge difference between Westchester County, NY, DuPage County, IL, and Collin County, TX.

There are some differences. Lots of Italian restaurants and Catholics in NY. Lots of Mexican restaurants and Protestants in TX. But everyone wants a nice house, in a good neighborhood, with good schools and a shopping mall nearby.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Give me the coast of Maine 24/7

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom