OC Search | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OC Search

Reaction Score
I don't see how anyone could hate New England, except for the snow in March (and sometimes in April). But Dallas does have some benefits ... it's the 4th largest metro area, the weather is similar to South Carolina, real estate is slightly less expensive, etc.

I believe the regional cultural differences are exaggerated. Yes, the South is a different culture, but people are generally the same all over the U.S. Dallas is not like The Andy Griffith Show.

I’m from New England, I love New England, I have a second home in New England and even I hate you turds. The thing I’ve learned is to walk into a restaurant, store, whatever and just start teasing people and smiling at them. They get me at that point and I break through. New Englanders don’t like really nice people, they like people that they have to figure out first and then build a friendship with slowly. The problem is if you move to New England and expect people to come to you. It isn’t happening. You go to them and you chip away until they start smiling and open up. Then, they are loyal as hell once you win them over.

Now Mrs. Lashlee can surely make friends in Glastonbury or Tolland or wherever, she just didn’t want to. All she needed to do was show up at some school thing with cupcakes and look fashionable and invite everyone to her house for a holiday party. “Oh, by the way, my husband is OC at UConn. I’m trying to get KO and everyone there, bring your kids too. It is gonna be great y’all.” Sold, sweetheart.

I’d be there in a second and I’d tell my wife to invite her to get a pedi next week. She’d be set. The problem was, she didn’t want to or you turds rejected her offer because it was going to interfere with your steady schedule of farting into your easy chair cushions.

Reaction Score
I've heard Dan O doesn't have interest in coaching at this time (this was after he announced his retirement so things could have changed). Being a backup was a grind and he understands coaching is more of a grind especially at the college level when you incorporate recruiting. He wants to spend time with his wife and kids.

He is interested in starting a venture for nfl scouting of college players. Maybe in the future he gets into coaching but I don't see it being right now and honestly I don't think he's the right guy for the job at this point in time

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He is gone and while he was here he helps bring UConn out of the Diaco age and make UConn offense relevant once again.

Whoever gets the position I hope they continue what Lashlee started.

P.S. I hope Dan Orlovsky ends up on the staff somewhere

Reaction Score
It doesn't matter. if they are good we will lose them after 1 year, but if they suck we have them for as long as we want!!!

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
I’m from New England, I love New England, I have a second home in New England and even I hate you turds. The thing I’ve learned is to walk into a restaurant, store, whatever and just start teasing people and smiling at them. They get me at that point and I break through. New Englanders don’t like really nice people, they like people that they have to figure out first and then build a friendship with slowly. The problem is if you move to New England and expect people to come to you. It isn’t happening. You go to them and you chip away until they start smiling and open up. Then, they are loyal as hell once you win them over.

Now Mrs. Lashlee can surely make friends in Glastonbury or Tolland or wherever, she just didn’t want to. All she needed to do was show up at some school thing with cupcakes and look fashionable and invite everyone to her house for a holiday party. “Oh, by the way, my husband is OC at UConn. I’m trying to get KO and everyone there, bring your kids too. It is gonna be great y’all.” Sold, sweetheart.

I’d be there in a second and I’d tell my wife to invite her to get a pedi next week. She’d be set. The problem was, she didn’t want to or you turds rejected her offer because it was going to interfere with your steady schedule of farting into your easy chair cushions.
You seem like a dooooooosh...

Reaction Score
I've heard Dan O doesn't have interest in coaching at this time (this was after he announced his retirement so things could have changed). Being a backup was a grind and he understands coaching is more of a grind especially at the college level when you incorporate recruiting. He wants to spend time with his wife and kids.

He is interested in starting a venture for nfl scouting of college players. Maybe in the future he gets into coaching but I don't see it being right now and honestly I don't think he's the right guy for the job at this point in time
He just told mike Anthony he wants the job.

Reaction Score
Someone who has had an NFL job within the past 10 years and no FCS job (or at least that is not mentioned in the qualifications) - eliminates a few guys - Brian wright, Sean Gleeson, Tim Cramsey, Andrew Breiner

May also be someone who has not worked a few years over the past 10, which is a little concerning. Hopping between NFL and FBS with gaps is not exactly an encouraging resume. PP and GD type resume. Also doesn't say QB coach.

Like someone said before, Robert Prince might fit, although no gaps in employment.

Reaction Score
Frank Cignetti fits. Not hard to think we can potentially end up with whoever is interested in the RU job and doesn't get it. Seem to be looking for similar qualifications.

Reaction Score
Someone who has had an NFL job within the past 10 years and no FCS job (or at least that is not mentioned in the qualifications) - eliminates a few guys - Brian wright, Sean Gleeson, Tim Cramsey, Andrew Breiner

May also be someone who has not worked a few years over the past 10, which is a little concerning. Hopping between NFL and FBS with gaps is not exactly an encouraging resume. PP and GD type resume. Also doesn't say QB coach.

Like someone said before, Robert Prince might fit, although no gaps in employment.

Was the job posted?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

I read it as either 5 years of FBS experience or NFL, not both. Brian Wright has 2 years at Toledo, 3 at FAU. That said, he just meets the qualification which if he was the leading candidate it seems like they would have given it more room.

Reaction Score
Corey and Randy Edsall just started following Brian White - His brother is recently hired special teams coordinator Chris White. No NFL experience or gaps in employment though. could just be bc brother was hired. Interesting resume.

Reaction Score
I read it as either 5 years of FBS experience or NFL, not both. Brian Wright has 2 years at Toledo, 3 at FAU. That said, he just meets the qualification which if he was the leading candidate it seems like they would have given it more room.
And 7 years is preferred. Clearly DO is out as well. QB coach made more sense anyway.

Reaction Score
I don't see how anyone could hate New England, except for the snow in March (and sometimes in April). But Dallas does have some benefits ... it's the 4th largest metro area, the weather is similar to South Carolina, real estate is slightly less expensive, etc.

I believe the regional cultural differences are exaggerated. Yes, the South is a different culture, but people are generally the same all over the U.S. Dallas is not like The Andy Griffith Show.

Stop kidding yourself. New England and Dallas are barely even on the same planets.

Reaction Score

This.

If you are nice to people in New England then people get suspicious because they think you are up to something.

Reaction Score
Corey and Randy Edsall just started following Brian White - His brother is recently hired special teams coordinator Chris White. No NFL experience or gaps in employment though. could just be bc brother was hired. Interesting resume.

Wow!! Impressive list of schools he has worked at. Plenty of OC experience, but can or will he run a spread offense? He seems much more like a 2 back pro set kinda guy based on the schools and coaches he has work at and for.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom