Now this is how things should be:Rutgers denies UConn's request to have UConn send its marching band | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Now this is how things should be:Rutgers denies UConn's request to have UConn send its marching band

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Their inner will eventually come out. Some of them already have.
Honestly i'm just here for some football talk but I can see why some RU fans react the way they do considering some of the stuff that is posted here. Same with on the RU board, I don't get involved with all the back and forth.

Reaction Score
NewJersey+guido.jpg

That's a lotta popped collars... Wheres the protein Mom!!!!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Usually Rutgers would like...

Blah, blah blah... Rutty said no to the band when they just as easily could have said yes. Man up and own it.

Reaction Score
Blah, blah blah... Rutty said no to the band when they just as easily could have said yes. Man up and own it.
I understand your position as an opposing fan but it is what it is

Reaction Score
What it "is", is classless.
If they made the request before the season started they would have been accommodated. They made the request just last week when tickets were already being sold in that section.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
What it "is", is classless.

What it "is" is an indication that UConn is a strong draw in Jersey. It's also a cop-out. RU knows that UConn has a band. They know that UConn will bring them. This isn't a non-conference foe. The space should be reserved automatically. It should be assumed.

Reaction Score
What it "is" is an indication that UConn is a strong draw in Jersey. It's also a cop-out. RU knows that UConn has a band. They know that UConn will bring them. This isn't a non-conference foe. The space should be reserved automatically. It should be assumed.
Again UCONN RETURNED its ticket allotment the end of last week to RU..then UCONN put a request in on Monday-Tuesday for more tickets AND the band.RU gave them BACK a block of tickets,but others were allready sold. You want the band to sit in the top rows of the upper deck..or just boot out the people where the tickets you returned were allready sold.??Looks like POOR planning by someone in Uconn admin...

Reaction Score
UConn has not sent their band down there in many, many years, so why would RU assume we would this year. Hey I don't like RU any more than anyone else, but fair is fair.

Reaction Score
Schools do no reserve revenue producing sections automatically. When UConn returned it's allotment RU began selling those tickets.

Reaction Score
Again UCONN RETURNED its ticket allotment the end of last week to RU..then UCONN put a request in on Monday-Tuesday for more tickets AND the band.RU gave them BACK a block of tickets,but others were allready sold. You want the band to sit in the top rows of the upper deck..or just boot out the people where the tickets you returned were allready sold.??Looks like POOR planning by someone in Uconn admin...

To this point ^^^ is anyone on twitter that can pose this question to Dez? Because if this is how it really went down, IMO, would demonstrate more internal splintering in the AD / football program. I would love to know how this REALLY went down. I don't think we would decide the week b4 a rival game that we r NOW going to bring our band..... But who knows?
Again, I would think that Uconn would want to bring everyone to include the laundry service people with them for this game since these schools are two of the most talked about in terms of realignment. It's making a statement like "take a look B1G & ACC, this is how we roll, take us in your next expansion round". Who knows.....

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
UConn has not sent their band down there in many, many years, so why would RU assume we would this year. Hey I don't like RU any more than anyone else, but fair is fair.

If true, I withdraw my criticism.

Reaction Score
Honestly i'm just here for some football talk but I can see why some RU fans react the way they do considering some of the stuff that is posted here. Same with on the RU board, I don't get involved with all the back and forth.

To this point ^^^ is anyone on twitter that can pose this question to Dez? Because if this is how it really went down, IMO, would demonstrate more internal splintering in the AD / football program. I would love to know how this REALLY went down. I don't think we would decide the week b4 a rival game that we r NOW going to bring our band..... But who knows?
Again, I would think that Uconn would want to bring everyone to include the laundry service people with them for this game since these schools are two of the most talked about in terms of realignment. It's making a statement like "take a look B1G & ACC, this is how we roll, take us in your next expansion round". Who knows.....

I don't buy it either. I was going to ask RUNVILLANOVA for his source.... Tony the janitor in the ticket office ain't gonna cut it.

Reaction Score
Well as of this afternoon there are only 2000 tickets left..depending on how many you return,this week.....;) or last week....the band wants to come..or dosent.. Anyway..come on down should be a hard fought close game..Overflow students are being placed in upper deck..on vistors side so..... oh BTW.RU expects over 11 thousand students.........!

Reaction Score

We asked last time too . . . and were denied. I think it was their high school band day or something like that.

Reaction Score
Well as of this afternoon there are only 2000 tickets left..depending on how many you return,this week.....;) or last week....the band wants to come..or dosent.. Anyway..come on down should be a hard fought close game..Overflow students are being placed in upper deck..on vistors side so..... oh BTW.RU expects over 11 thousand students.........!

The only threat with overflow TRU students being placed in the upper deck on the vistors side is that 99% of them can't hold their alcohol and will either puke over the railings onto the UConn fans or fall and land on them.

Reaction Score

There you go making sense, who needs that poppycock? Nothing frustrates me more than when BYers say ridiculous things that actually make me take the side of the Rutgers fans, and this is one of those times. Unfortunately it happens more than I'd care to admit. If we didn't request the tickets until this week, what can we expect them to do? If we asked in August and they denied us I'm sure we'd have heard about it then. I'm glad they're selling all their tickets.

blitz8ru

Rutgers Fan
Reaction Score
UConn's returned tickets will be used for RU student overflow... so you guys will have RU students in the visitors section... interesting...

Currently there are less than 2000 unclaimed tickets (this includes the visitors tickets UConn returned)... So we should have about 53K tickets accounted for including standing room only tixs (official stadium capacity is 52,454)... about 12K will be students whom get in "free" (part of their$1000/yr student fees pays for this)... about 5K will be complementary tixs to recruits and their families, player familis and friends, emergency personnel around the state, politicians, school officials etc. So that leaves about 36K officially "paid" tickets (about 68% officially paid for tixs at full stadium capacity)...

http://rutgers.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=642&tid=158420517&mid=158420517&sid=988&style=2

Reaction Score
I guess they can go - but just can't play on the field. Class move... Must be too many ute groups there that day.

Desmond Conner@desmondconner
According to #Rutgers officials too many organizations to be honored Saturday. No time for #UConn band to perform at the 1/2 #Rutgers #UConn

Reaction Score
I guess they can go - but just can't play on the field. Class move... Must be too many ute groups there that day.

Desmond Conner@desmondconner
According to #Rutgers officials too many organizations to be honored Saturday. No time for #UConn band to perform at the 1/2 #Rutgers #UConn

That was the same excuse they used last time .. .

Reaction Score
Saw this thread and had to post as I have information re: this situation. Usually Rutgers would like for requests for seats including bands to be made before the season so they can keep that section reserved and not available for public purchase. UConn made this request last week, way too late to reserve close to an extra 200-300 seats. This game is selling fast and the section where the band would have been put is generally sold out already. It looks bad when it is written about on a blog but that is the reality. Just wanted to clear things up a little bit.

EDIT: UConn also sent back a number of tickets from their allotment and RU began selling them, UConn then asked for them back just last week as well as wanting more for the band.

This is false. The AD and band knew back in early summer that Rutgers would not let us on the field. Has happened in the past as well. Just happy that UConn Athletics always welcomes other schools bands (like UMass this year).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom