Now this is how things should be:Rutgers denies UConn's request to have UConn send its marching band | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Now this is how things should be:Rutgers denies UConn's request to have UConn send its marching band

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wisky: I don't think RU has ever brought its full band to the Rent, but I'm certain that they've brought a smaller "pep band" at least once. But I can't swear it was last year.

Thanks, I heard they used to have a band, but they broke up and now play QB for Buffalo and Western Michigan.

Reaction Score
Pretty simple solution. Find a way to seat the UConn band Saturday or their band doesn't come to Rent next year. Can't remember if RU band came to Rent last yr.

Won't be surprised if this gets escalated to AD/prez level fairly quickly

Reaction Score
Coach...thats gotta be 5 Snooki references this week. Starting to think you secretly lust for the skank. :)
A. It's Snooki Week in the 'Yard.
B. She's young enough to be my daughter
C. She's self absorbed, nutty as a fruit cake, can't hold her liquor, has a very oversized Ego (all traits of the denizons of the Raritan).

Hmm.:D

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Pretty simple solution. Find a way to seat the UConn band Saturday or their band doesn't come to Rent next year. Can't remember if RU band came to Rent last yr.

Won't be surprised if this gets escalated to AD/prez level fairly quickly

I don't think RU has a band. Was in the UCMB and pep band and only time I ever saw a person carrying/pretending to play an instrument was during a BE Tourney game for the women's team. They came over to talk to us and see a real band because the game was delayed due to a leaky Gampel roof

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I don't think RU has a band. Was in the UCMB and pep band and only time I ever saw a person carrying/pretending to play an instrument was during a BE Tourney game for the women's team. They came over to talk to us and see a real band because the game was delayed due to a leaky Gampel roof

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

http://band.scarletknights.com/

5EDD8958.JPG

Reaction Score
The Rutgers Marching Band is so inept and bush league that you don't even need to be a Rutgers student to be a participant. So long as you have an orange tan and can blow you belong. Even though the requirements to join apply to every citizen in the state of New Jersey, and they have such a limitless applicant pool, it still is underwhelming, underfunded and much like Rutgers athletic department in general, third rate.

Reaction Score
They were at the game that I think it was Moses, fumbled a punt late to give us a short field and the win.

Reaction Score
They were at the game that I think it was Moses, fumbled a punt late to give us a short field and the win.

That was in fact Trev Moses in '03 -- the one year we played at the Rent before we joined the Big East. I don't remember their band. What I remember from that day is learning (without understanding) that, on a late fall day, it can somehow be 20 degrees cooler on the visitor's side of the stadium than it is in the parking lots.

Reaction Score
Did their "band" come to Rentschler last year?

No, they didn't bring a band but they did bring like 50 recruits! I remember them all on the sideline in black Rutgers wind pants and jackets. Not sure exactly how many came but they stretched from the Rutgers bench to the 10 yard line. I guess that there isn't enough money left for a band when you do that....

Reaction Score
I will check on the RU side IF this band-gate thing is true ...more importantly Rutgers announced its starting D-Tackle -Holmes-will be lost for the season today..big loss for RU going into the game vrs You guys,thats the second D lineman lost for season now .Looks like it may rain saturday....never saw that a school was told NOT to bring a band into RU stadium prior....heck.. Howard even had a awesome band game#1 this season at RU..

Reaction Score
No, they didn't bring a band but they did bring like 50 recruits! I remember them all on the sideline in black Rutgers wind pants and jackets. Not sure exactly how many came but they stretched from the Rutgers bench to the 10 yard line. I guess that there isn't enough money left for a band when you do that....
I thik you saw the Rutgers 'redshirted' players who allways go to home and away games and stand together in same sweat matching jackets and pants on sidelines.

Reaction Score
I don't blame them...saves Snookie from embarrassment. The last time a visiting marching band came to Jersey Stadium, the RU marching 10 got blown out of the water....err..snow.

Reaction Score
I will check on the RU side IF this band-gate thing is true ...more importantly Rutgers announced its starting D-Tackle -Holmes-will be lost for the season today..big loss for RU going into the game vrs You guys,thats the second D lineman lost for season now .Looks like it may rain saturday....never saw that a school was told NOT to bring a band into RU stadium prior....heck.. Howard even had a awesome band game#1 this season at RU..

Thanks knightime... Your dt loss doesn't matter, I'm sure your punter could tackle mccombs with his fingers too. A run up the middle of course....

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
They don't allow any music you can't pump your fist to. I'm pretty sure it's not Rutgers' rule, but a NJ state law.

Me, Jimmy Serrano, MattMang, etc., are what happens when Italians emigrate to Connecticut. The following is what happens when Italians emigrate to New Jersey. Fist pumps, pushups, and chapstick...

Reaction Score
They can't even afford a band and think they're going to the B1G??

Reaction Score
Me, Jimmy Serrano, MattMang, etc., are what happens when Italians emigrate to Connecticut. The following is what happens when Italians emigrate to New Jersey. Fist pumps, pushups, and chapstick...

When I think of jersey I think of this place in Hoboken called Lana Lounge. Nothing but blowouts, spray tans and sunglasses at night.

Reaction Score
Is that Rutgersal or Ogi Oglethorpe's girlfriend on the far right at the end of the pinwheel?

Must be Rutgersal's squeeze... I saw him in the stands blowing her kisses.

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69