Now this is how things should be:Rutgers denies UConn's request to have UConn send its marching band | The Boneyard

Now this is how things should be:Rutgers denies UConn's request to have UConn send its marching band

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dez is tweeting that Rutgers denied UConn's request for it to the UConn marching band.

Not how things should be because its a petty move to deny UConn its band.

Rather, just more reason to hate Snookie U. I smell rivalry.

By the way, Rutgers marching band is really bad. Pathetic. It's composed of non alums, geezers, dregs of jersey society.

Reaction Score
EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!

Now there is even more reason to despise these guys and play some real smash mouth football.

Reaction Score
Frankly ... our Band is consistently better than every other Band I see. And it is RU x 2.

Reaction Score
Someone should post this on the WVU board thread about adding Rutgers to the Big-12. In that conference & the SEC it's like one of the 10 commandments that the visiting team bring its marching band to away games. l.o.l.;)

F

fortebleedsblue

+1 I use to not appreciate them but they are freakibg good.

Reaction Score
WOuldn't it be something, to figure out a way to send the band anyway, purchase the tickets discounted market and just have them all wear the same blue jeans and shirt or sweatshirt instead of their uniforms. They could play their instruments in the parking lots, and then just sit in the stands and cheer. No official uconn representation - nope - none at all.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Now, it's personal. What a load of BS.

RELEASE THE KNAPPE-KRAKEN!!!!
7969150.jpeg
:)

Reaction Score
Couldn't this have all been avoided by sending the band & having the members sit in the visitors section with the University picking up the tabs for the necessary allotment of tickets? Or, did UConn need to get permission for the band members to bring their instruments into Rutgers' stadium?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
this is how rivals take the next step. now its on uconn to sac up and 1 up them. bus the band down anyway and find where the uconns fans are tailgating and play for a couple hours in the parking lots.

Reaction Score
Couldn't this have all been avoided by sending the band & having the members sit in the visitors section with the University picking up the tabs for the necessary allotment of tickets? Or, did UConn need to get permission for the band members to bring their instruments into Rutgers' stadium?

I thought the same thing Coach. Not sure what the protocol is on visiting bands in the Big EAst, if it's standard, or team by team, or if there is any protocol at all. I didn't know a band needed permission to sit in the stands. They probably need permission to play on the field at half though - that seems to make sense to me. Maybe that's what this is about. I haven't seen a direct reference as to what's going on anyway. Maybe the band can go, but they've just been denied time/access to play on the field at half.

Reaction Score
I asked a family UC band member years ago why UCONN did not bring the band to RU being that it was a short bus ride away and was told that the RU students tried to roll the bus over with the band inside. I guessDr Mills figured that was water under the bridge. I do temember several years ago as the band was marching to the Rent that a gang of drunk RU students were harassing the them until some ol lady chased them away.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I asked a family UC band member years ago why UCONN did not bring the band to RU being that it was a short bus ride away and was told that the RU students tried to roll the bus over with the band inside. I guessDr Mills figured that was water under the bridge. I do temember several years ago as the band was marching to the Rent that a gang of drunk RU students were harassing the them until some ol lady chased them away.

Nothing like division games in football. Chippy. Even for the band.

Reaction Score

Wow, what a bunch of filthy animals.

Reaction Score
Let's see the marketing difference of the AD under Manuel versus Hathaway with this imbroglio.

The suggestions so far are outstanding.

I'm in favor of sending the bus anyways. Let them play at the tailgate. Buy 'em a ticket for the visitors' sections and go all Stanford on them. Have them head to jorgensen before departure and grab some Snooki costumes. Paint themselves day glo orange. The possibilities are endless.

Reaction Score
this is how rivals take the next step. now its on uconn to sac up and 1 up them. bus the band down anyway and find where the uconns fans are tailgating and play for a couple hours in the parking lots.

Although this would NEVER happen, the thought of a massive Uconn tailgate along with our band playing in the middle would be AWESOME! I would go down just for that. It would be like Jonathan picking up his leg and taking a big squirt on Snookieville, marking his spot!!

Reaction Score
I guess the band won't be able to sing along at the end of the game to

"Crappy roads, take me home, to the swamps of New Jerrrrrrrrrrrsey"

Now I now why their fans are such as.s holes

Reaction Score
Send them there on a bus, play at the tailgate, get them normal tickets in the visitor section, leave their instruments on the bus (RU won't allow those in) and sneak in kazoos for everyone and turn them into a temporary kazoo band. Use the metal seats/bleachers as drums.

And make sure they're wearing white.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99