Non-UConn recruiting thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn recruiting thread

Reaction Score

Thought this would be up by now.

Did not expect this. Vic is loading up for his return to the SEC. I really thought Lee would be a Stanford girl. Could this be their first loss due to the break up of the Pac 12?

Reaction Score
I’ll amend my post. I’m referring to pure shooting guards.

Dawn has a habit of stocking up on point guards and playing them off the ball, so of course the cupboard isn’t bare. But Tessa Johnson is the only pure SG on that list (and MAYBE Tehina), and that’s what I was referring to. But Pao Pao is a senior and if her season is great.. bye bye.

Hall is a W/SF
Johnson - point guard
Fulwiley - point guard
McDaniel - point guard

It wouldn’t surprise me to see Fulwiley moved off the ball. But it would be great to see SC get a pure SG out of this class (somebody not expecting to be the primary ball handler, focused on scoring), and I think Lee was the only one we were recruiting.
Lay to me is a combo guard and will likely play more off the ball as a SG than PG at SC. I don’t think people understand how good Tessa will be. She was giving Paige Buckets a run for her money as a freshman in HS. I think She, Lay and Breezy will be ahead in the pecking order of any guard who decides to come to SC next year. Also SC is still in it for Kennedy Smith and she has a very nice versatile game but can also shoot the lights out. She’s the #1 wing in the class with Lee behind her so getting her will likely be the priority for the staff.

Reaction Score
Did not expect this. Vic is loading up for his return to the SEC. I really thought Lee would be a Stanford girl. Could this be their first loss due to the break up of the Pac 12?
Good question. Doubt we'll ever know unless she says something publicly.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score

Could be that she wanted to attend school in the south. Her list of finalists was Texas, Stanford, South Carolina, Louisville, Baylor, North Carolina, Arizona, Florida State, Southern Cal, and Duke.

Very curious to know if Jordan Lee took any official visits; have not seen that she did which makes it appear as if Texas was the clear choice for a while or the front-runner in her recruitment. She did visit Texas unofficially during our massacre by Louisville in March; that's all I recall of her visits.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Kate Koval, 6'4" post from Ukraine via Long Island Lutheran and #5 rated prospect in Hoopgurlz, is making her long awaited trip (for ND fans) to Notre Dame this weekend, according to this source (who usually gets it right).
Other posters on The Bench say other prospects are also on campus during the ND-Ohio State football hoopla, but no word if that's true and -- if it is -- who they are. Will update as more information arises.

Reaction Score
Kate Koval, 6'4" post from Ukraine via Long Island Lutheran and #5 rated prospect in Hoopgurlz, is making her long awaited trip (for ND fans) to Notre Dame this weekend, according to this source (who usually gets it right).
Other posters on The Bench say other prospects are also on campus during the ND-Ohio State football hoopla, but no word if that's true and -- if it is -- who they are. Will update as more information arises.

I’d expect her to commit to ND in the next couple weeks at some point. Has been a major ND lean for months but don’t rule out Stanford

Dillon77

Reaction Score
I’d expect her to commit to ND in the next couple weeks at some point. Has been a major ND lean for months but don’t rule out Stanford
That would be superb. ND very much needs to land a high school post (been going the transfer portal -- with success -- but would like to land someone for four years). Niele & Staff have been working this hard.

But so has Stanford. They, like ND, attended the recent Lutheran High School open house. The Farm got a commitment from Kennedy Umeh, who ND was also pursuing. That actually might help the Irish. Stay tuned.

Reaction Score
This is music to my hears!! I PRAY you’re right. I believe Mackenly Randolph (Zach Randolph’s daughter-18 in 2024) will visit as well. And I heard some 2025’s as well….

Reaction Score
Kennedy Smith was at Duke this weekend!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230925_010235_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20230925_010235_Instagram.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 77

Matthew1589

Iowa Hawkeye Grad and Fan
Reaction Score
Iowa picked up a good guard tonight. Aaliyah Guyton (daughter of AJ Guyton, former Indiana and NBA guard) is ranked #57 by ESPN and one of the top guards in Illinois. Picked Iowa over Michigan St., Illinois, Nebraska, and Pitt.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

Cyclone rival here thinks that is a very good class! Particularity interested in seeing how center Ava Heiden pans out, what with the Hawks success at the post position over the past decade.

Wondering how this impacts Britt Prince's final pick since Hawks were one of the Big Ten schools on her final list. Nebraska was also after Guyton and also Prince.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
K-Mac's Youngest Sister Commits to Georgetown

(This tweet, courtesy of Raoul)

Jayden gets to attend one fine academic school and compete in the Big East.
Very much hoping, like everyone, that Coach Tasha Butts, will be at full speed to work with Ms. McBride upon her arrival in D.C. in 2024.

Matthew1589

Reaction Score
Cyclone rival here thinks that is a very good class! Particularity interested in seeing how center Ava Heiden pans out, what with the Hawks success at the post position over the past decade.

Wondering how this impacts Britt Prince's final pick since Hawks were one of the Big Ten schools on her final list. Nebraska was also after Guyton and also Prince.
Ava Heiden will give Iowa a physical athletic big that will help protect the hoop better than those before her. Her offense is solid but her defense will be impactful right away.

I'd say Iowa is done with their 2024 class.

Reaction Score
Ava Heiden will give Iowa a physical athletic big that will help protect the hoop better than those before her. Her offense is solid but her defense will be impactful right away.

I'd say Iowa is done with their 2024 class.

Have to be. By my count they have 16 players on their roster for 2024 if Clark returns. Bluder's sort of known for her loyalty to her players and don't see her running anyone off. Maybe Clark is going WNBA or Ava Jones will accept a medical retirement so her scholarship won't count against the 15 limit?

Matthew1589

Reaction Score
Have to be. By my count they have 16 players on their roster for 2024 if Clark returns. Bluder's sort of known for her loyalty to her players and don't see her running anyone off. Maybe Clark is going WNBA or Ava Jones will accept a medical retirement so her scholarship won't count against the 15 limit?
Outside of Clark there are a few other '20 players who could decide to move on clearing up roster space. These would be Goodman and Feuerbach (a post and guard who redshirted so they could have 2 years plus a Covid year). With the portal, you should always expect the unexpected too.

Reaction Score
Seems to be some disconnect at ESPN.

Example: espn’ Hoopgurlz ranks Kennedy Smith the 6th best in the 2024 class. This article ranks her the 5th best across three classes!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psttc

Top Bottom