Non-UConn recruiting thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn recruiting thread

Reaction Score
She grew up in Maryland and was highly rated since middle school. Considers it her home state. Spent one season in SC (maybe because Brenda wasn't interested?) , then went home to Maryland. Then, spent one season in NY (again, maybe becuase Brenda wasn't interested?.)

She has mad ball skills.
She probably reminded Brenda of Honesty Scott Grayson who kept transferring schools all through high school. Mainly between Maryland, Virginia and New Jersey. HSG is still at Auburn as a graduate.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Zachara Perkins to Rutgers.

She's been committed for a while. She just took her official though.

She's the daughter of former WNBA player and NJ native DeMya Walker.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
She lives in NJ. Why would Maryland be trying to recruit her. They got their target in Maryland PG Kyndal Walker.
Hopefully she's gonna land at Rutgers.

Sad Please Please Please GIF by myHQ

Reaction Score
She says that Maryland and SCar didn't even "recruit" her. No sure that's true, but we apparently never offered. She says UConn "recruited" her but she wants to beat UConn rather than play for them. Kinda' negates on old article that claimed that she had an offer from Dawn when she spent the one year playing for a private school in Darlington, SC.

She seems to have a lot of talent. Makes one wonder why the "powers" of wbb seemed uninterested.

I doubt any of her Top 10 will be beating UConn any time soon. Louisville probably has the best chance.

My prediction for her is the Cards or Ole Miss.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I doubt any of her Top 10 will be beating UConn any time soon. Louisville probably has the best chance.

Cbs No GIF by HULU

Reaction Score
I though

I thought it was pretty bold for her to call out maryland and sc like that especially sc taking about style if play and taking shots at current players.

Yeah, the indirect shot at Johnson wasn't necessary. For one, Johnson was coming back from an ACL tear. Getting back into game shape isn't easy after being off for almost a year. Second, she obviously was good enough to go up against professionals during FIBA Americas as she held her own.

Either McMiller isn't aware or is glossing over facts to prove her point is how I took it.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Yeah, the indirect shot at Johnson wasn't necessary. For one, Johnson was coming back from an ACL tear. Getting back into game shape isn't easy after being off for almost a year. Second, she obviously was good enough to go up against professionals during FIBA Americas as she held her own.

Either McMiller isn't aware or is glossing over facts to prove her point is how I took it.
She isnt. Raven would bully her on the court.

Reaction Score
She says wherever she goes she will be one of their best players and will be their top scoring option. Is that what they call a clue?

Made for Iowa. Maybe she is that good. I hope so, I'm going to miss Clark.

A social media post like hers can get you a million hits. How much of this sort of post is just a form of "reality" TV? Villains used to draw more fans to pro wrestling than the good guys. And they made more money too as a result.

I'm so happy that the things I said when I was young happened before cell phones or the internet.
:)

Reaction Score

Not Louisville. She is down to 7, and Louisville is not among them. Whose choice, I don’t know.

Reaction Score
Georgia got committments from Indya Davis and Summer Davis today, per Raoul

Reaction Score
Avery Howell makes official visit to Washington. She's a good one. Really took off this summer and wound up at #23 on Hoopgurlz for '24. She's a Utah girl, and her top 5 leans heavily west and midwest. She does have Duke on the list. Who knows, maybe Triad can work his magic. She had a Vandy offer, but as far as I can tell, she never even glanced in this direction.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Avery Howell makes official visit to Washington. She's a good one. Really took off this summer and wound up at #23 on Hoopgurlz for '24. She's a Utah girl, and her top 5 leans heavily west and midwest. She does have Duke on the list. Who knows, maybe Triad can work his magic. She had a Vandy offer, but as far as I can tell, she never even glanced in this direction.

She's a 5-11 guard, forget about it, she's Washington's. She will join about 10 other guards that size on their roster. Coming at the basketball world w/ a 5 guard lineup.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

She needs to come to Durham.... Great bbq, cheap tobacco, and passionate fans.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
2024 PF Justice Carlton is on her official visit to Texas based on her Instagram story.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
2024 Bryanna Preston is on her official visit to Texas

Reaction Score
Didn’t know that Joyce Edwards narrowed her list down. As per article, she’s down to Stanford, LSU, South Carolina, Clemson, Maryland, Notre Dame, Tennessee and Texas A&M.

Not sure about that list but I live in Camden and was told that Dawn was at her volleyball game 1.5 weeks ago and then at the next game coaches from Maryland, Clemson, Texas A&M, Florida and Stanford were there. She put on her instagram story a couple of weeks ago a picture of her family at University of Florida so they still seem to be in it as well.

Reaction Score

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Didn’t know that Joyce Edwards narrowed her list down. As per article, she’s down to Stanford, LSU, South Carolina, Clemson, Maryland, Notre Dame, Tennessee and Texas A&M.

No Duke.. .... I'm starting to worry about our recruiting

1000018962.jpg

How is that a selling point? :eek:

You never know

Reaction Score
Joyce had such a good connection with ND’s Hannah Hidalgo for the USA U19 team! They both made Star 5 for the top 5 for the whole tournament. I wouldn’t be surprised if Hannah is talking to Joyce about playing with her at ND. However, she’s right in SC backyard and Dawn has been recruiting her for years. I wouldn’t doubt it if it was seriously between ND/SC. MAYBE Clemson?… But the other schools, I just don’t see it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom