Non-Key Tweets | Page 666 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I always thought Pete Dante was the most famous person to graduate from Conard!? He was in fact the QB in Waterboy and was in pretty much every other Sandler movie since then..

He is second, to me.

Reaction Score
GREG SW AIM SHOW ‏@GSw aim 6h6 hours ago
Everything from TV, #Big12 members, and #BYU and #UCBearcats, pointing towards it's decided except divisions and Olympic sport schedules.

GREG SW AIM SHOW ‏@GSw aim 6h6 hours ago
Let's get this going #Big12. I want my life back before the college football season gets going!! #BYU #Bearcats

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 9h9 hours ago
Per source: UH pulling every string and calling in every favor they can to stop B12 from inviting BYU instead of them.

This is the main reason for delay. What they are telling the media is a totally different story.

Very reminiscent of what Louisville did after WVU was already invited but not made public yet.

UH. Fears that the big 12 will never take 13 and 14.

tephen Fowler ‏@Tigerstrat57 9h9 hours ago
@MH ver3 But I thought Houston had already negotiated their exit fees with the AAC?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 8h8 hours ago
@Tigerstrat57 not what I said. UC is working on that though.

Stephen Fowler ‏@Tigerstrat57 8h8 hours ago
@MH ver3 All of the Houston folks say that is done. Everyone keeps overlooking one school that has their's already, lol.

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 9h9 hours ago
@MH ver3 there is no "instead" of them. UH, UC in, BYU likely

Reaction Score
There's a 50/50 shot that i can make that happen when the day comes to fruition. You hold up your end of the bargain and ill do mine.
I don't think that will happen for quite a while as they just finished renovating the building. My first class ever was economics in Monteith. I remember it well as I was so hung over. What other way to start college. A little history on the building. http://today.uconn.edu/2016/08/henry-monteith-portrait-grand-old-man/

Reaction Score
Honestly I would donate money to swing the wrecking ball once at Arjona or Monteith.

Add MSB to that list. How many times has that building already been rebuilt. Just start over. At last Arjona & Monteith were close to my dorm (Alumni) and in the early fall and late spring, reading and doing assignments (long before laptops & wifi) while relaxing around Mirror Lake was relaxing, until the damn geese began carpet bombing.

Reaction Score
Honestly I would donate money to swing the wrecking ball once at Arjona or Monteith.

PS - I stopped by Storrs a few weeks back trying to avoid the mess that the Mass Pike was over a weekend gong back & forth from Boston, so I figured to hit the bookstore for some gear and Willington for some take-home pizza. Anyway, the wrecking ball has hit the old grad dorms in between West and the business building. They are all gone.

Reaction Score
PS - I stopped by Storrs a few weeks back trying to avoid the mess that the Mass Pike was over a weekend gong back & forth from Boston, so I figured to hit the bookstore for some gear and Willington for some take-home pizza. Anyway, the wrecking ball has hit the old grad dorms in between West and the business building. They are all gone.

They tore down Connecticut Commons and are building the new Student Rec Facility there. And they completely renovated Monteith, it's quite nice inside now.

Reaction Score

And here is a walk through of the plans for the new Rec Center. Very nice.

Reaction Score
They tore down Connecticut Commons and are building the new Student Rec Facility there. And they completely renovated Monteith, it's quite nice inside now.

I hate to go off tangent but holy crap I barely recognize the place. They did an awesome job. I like the juxtaposition of the old buildings with renovated interiors.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
I hate to go off tangent but holy crap I barely recognize the place. They did an awesome job. I like the juxtaposition of the old buildings with renovated interiors.
Agree. On another tangent, and as a UConn Horticulture undergrad who had to memorize the Latin names of most every plant on the UConn campus, I feel the need to point out that those beautiful new trees flanking the entrance to Montieth are white birches, Betula papifera, not beeches. Reminds me of the joke about the woodpecker and the beech, birch and ash trees. But I digress.

Reaction Score
Sorry to change the subject but just toured University of Maryland with my son. This was an epic fail by the ACC (not athletically, but academics). Impressive university. Did not want to post this in the LCC thread. LOL

Reaction Score
Is the fact we're talking the Latin names of trees on Uconn's campus at all a symbol that CR is dead, or that maybe our interest in the topic is waning?

#apathyinCT

Reaction Score
The Big 12 May Be Close To Naming Two New Members
By Christopher Lambert

The Big 12 May Be Close To Naming Two New Members

Rob Gilbert ‏@giblit88 · 15h15 hours ago
@flugempire have your read dude's article yet?
Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire 14h14 hours ago
@giblit88
3 people sent it to me Dude has B12 expanding by 2 with no Eastern Time Zone additions...Texas 5th school out of 12? Hell no

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 13h13 hours ago
If this was accurate (which it's not) B12 must really really really really really HATE WVU.
Even more isolated.

Reaction Score
UzdVb5sA_normal.jpg
GREG SWAIM SHOW (@GSwaim)
8/27/16, 11:48 PM
#BYU (7) and #UCBearcats (6) very close to required eight vote super majority. No other team has more than two. twitter.com/BoomOUUpdated/…

UConn doesn't even have 3? This b12 thing was odd to begin with. Hope the AAU stuff can attract B1G, ACC at some point.

Reaction Score

jho

Reaction Score
UzdVb5sA_normal.jpg
SHOW ( )
8/27/16, 11:48 PM
#BYU (7) and #UCBearcats (6) very close to required eight vote super majority. No other team has more than two. twitter.com/BoomOUUpdated/…

UConn doesn't even have 3? This b12 thing was odd to begin with. Hope the AAU stuff can attract B1G, ACC at some point.
Since The Dude has blocked everyone east of Pennsylvania from his Twitter account, I love how we now get his garbage rants on tape delay. What an idiot.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Since The Dude has blocked everyone east of Pennsylvania from his Twitter account, I love how we now get his garbage rants on tape delay. What an idiot.

He has not blocked me. Maybe because I am using his picture so he saw my account and said no sense in blocking myself.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom