Non-Key Tweets | Page 667 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
The Big 12 May Be Close To Naming Two New Members
By Christopher Lambert

If you ever had any doubt about the Dud being a completely worthless source of information, go down to the comment section of this article he wrote and look at the comments from "peter banta" and "douglas jenkins". Shamefully planted testaments no doubt by the dud himself, but really bad. A 10 year old would spot that in this day and age.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
And here is a walk through of the plans for the new Rec Center. Very nice.

Nice design and location. It is needed and long overdue. Still, it seems kind of wasteful to knock down Connecticut Commons.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
I always thought Pete Dante was the most famous person to graduate from Conard!? He was in fact the QB in Waterboy and was in pretty much every other Sandler movie since then..

Hang out with him all the time in Santa Monica. Always a lot of beer involved

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Hang out with him all the time in Santa Monica. Always a lot of beer involved

This kid I knew growing up is his newphew. He said Peter Dante is legitimately crazy. He and Jimmy Shea (who is also nuts) are Conard's most intriguing graduates.

Reaction Score
Sorry to change the subject but just toured University of Maryland with my son. This was an epic fail by the ACC (not athletically, but academics). Impressive university. Did not want to post this in the LCC thread. LOL

Agreed. I have a graduate certificate from UMd. They do pretty good athletically too, at least in the Olympic sports that nobody cares about.

Still waiting to hear that woodpecker and the ash tree joke.... (gotta do something to pass the time while we wait for the next CR tidbits)

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 2h2 hours ago
I realize a few people disagree with me about the Big 12 but if you look at the big picture & the key influencers the outcome is clear.

Remember my 3 question expansion litmus test?

Does the move make $ for the conf? Does it make $ for the school? Does it make $ for the networks.

Coach Lansdale ‏@CoachLansdale 2h2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV what's the outcome?

@CoachLansdale Big 12 can't ignore ESPN/Fox. Can't pass on UH. Abbott & Patrick force UT to extend GoR.

James Clayton ‏@UHJDC 1h1 hour ago
@theDudeofWV Chris, thanks for the good work. A lot of UH folks, including myself hope you are right.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 25m25 minutes ago
@UHJDC I really don't see how the B12 can't act. Otherwise expansion is dead.

@UHJDC How do they resist the outside forces that are very clear as to what they want.

BIG XII NORTH CINCY ‏@Juddrock 1h1 hour agoHamilton, OH
@theDudeofWV are you going to delete this account when UC is announced into the big XII?

@Juddrock Its possible. UC has done a great job.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 24m24 minutes ago
@Juddrock Its just the political climate in Texas presents an opportunity to secure the conference.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 24m24 minutes ago
@Juddrock And the advice of ESPN/Fox to add BYU can't be ignored.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 23m23 minutes ago
@UHJDC By the way you were the one who pointed me in the right direction. So thanks.

Coach Lansdale ‏@CoachLansdale 1h1 hour ago
@theDudeofWV I don't think Abbott and Patrick can get it done. UT wants the ability to leave at the end of GoR if they choose I think.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 23m23 minutes ago
@CoachLansdale I think extending the GoR to match the remaining term of LHN is harmless.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 21m21 minutes ago
On @the_LGG The Big 12 has no choice but to add BYU & UH

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 20m20 minutes ago
UCONN, UC & UCF are victims of circumstance in B12 expansion.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 20m20 minutes ago
Each has flawlessly presented their case to the B12 & impressed.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 19m19 minutes ago
But outside influences & network angst will force the B12's hand.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 18m18 minutes ago
The only way the Big 12 has a future as an ongoing concern is to extend the GoR - that requires Houston.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 17m17 minutes ago
The very same factors that forced the ACC to add VT & the Big 12 to add Baylor.

The same network pressure that lead the Big 12 to add WVU & TCU.

Noah B. Allen MD ‏@noahballen 19m19 minutes agoSilverton, OH
@theDudeofWV dislike, I'll believe it when ESPN reports it.. or @TMZ

@noahballen @TMZ I would dislike it to.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 15m15 minutes ago
@noahballen @TMZ For a bit of background read this --->
Inside UH's Political Push to Join the Big 12

Reaction Score
U of Houston has an 18% graduation rate for their entire student population. I know it doesn't mean anything for CR but at what point are you not considered a college? I guess we will become a hockey/soccer school, maybe the soccer and football programs can swap facilities? Gampel can make a nice volleyball Mecca.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
U of Houston has an 18% graduation rate for their entire student population. I know it doesn't mean anything for CR but at what point are you not considered a college? I guess we will become a hockey/soccer school, maybe the soccer and football programs can swap facilities? Gampel can make a nice volleyball Mecca.
Step away from the edge for a second...do you realize you are actually making statements based on tweets and a article written by someone who seriously needs to be committed for a psych eval?

Reaction Score
2woltvp.jpg

Reaction Score
This kid I knew growing up is his newphew. He said Peter Dante is legitimately crazy. He and Jimmy Shea (who is also nuts) are Conard's most intriguing graduates.

Played FB/Lax with Dante. Played Hockey/Lax with Jimmy. West Hartford became quite boring when Dante left for Cali and Jimmy moved back home to his family roots in Lake Placid. Then Jimmy won an Olympic Gold 11 years later. Great guys.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Agreed. I have a graduate certificate from UMd. They do pretty good athletically too, at least in the Olympic sports that nobody cares about.

Still waiting to hear that woodpecker and the ash tree joke.... (gotta do something to pass the time while we wait for the next CR tidbits)
I'll probably get censored for it here so I'll PM it to you.

Reaction Score
U of Houston has an 18% graduation rate for their entire student population.

Hold on there, junior.

Yes, Houston's graduation rate needs improvement. But it's not 18% either.

USNWR uses the 6-year graduation rate. 51% of the 2009 class graduated in 6 years. See the 2015-16 Common Data Set.

The graduation rate is climbing. By 2021, the 6-year graduation rate is projected to be 65%. See this slide from last fall's presidential address.

Finally, UH introduced UHin4 in 2014. Kids who sign up and stay on track to graduate in 4 years have their tuition frozen at the freshman level.

70% of this year's freshmen signed up.

We're getting our house in order.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hold on there, junior.

USNWR uses the 6-year graduation rate. 51% of the 2009 class graduated in 6 years. See the 2015-16 Common Data Set.

The graduation rate is climbing. By 2021, the 6-year graduation rate is projected to be 65%. See this slide from last fall's presidential address.

Finally, UH introduced UHin4 in 2014. Kids who sign up and stay on track to graduate in 4 years have their tuition frozen at the freshman level.

Well if it's projected to be 65%, then I guess you are all set. Oh and congratulations on your plans to build more up to date athletic facilities.

Reaction Score
Well if it's projected to be 65%, then I guess you are all set. Oh and congratulations on your plans to build more up to date athletic facilities.

The "promises" to improve are the funniest part of this whole realignment thing. It's frustrating to watch columnists write "they *plan* to do this if x,y, and z happen" and we're just sitting over here in the corner like yup, took care of that already.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If I am UConn I include this in my presentation, avg basketball attendance vs when UConn is in town. Drawing more people to games means more money and better perception.
Tulane avg: 1799 UConn:
2243=+444
Tulsa avg: 4945 UConn: 5192=+247
Houston avg: 3785 UConn: 4672=+967
UCF avg: 4513 UConn: 6414=+1901
Memphis avg: 12028 UConn: 13323=+1295
Temple avg: 6373 UConn: 8316=+1943
Cincy avg: 9415 UConn: 13176=+3761
USF avg: 3098 UConn: 4668=+1570
SMU avg: 6907 UConn: 7303=+396

Not to even mention the effect the women's team has when they come to town.

Reaction Score
Hold on there, junior.

What are you guys gonna do when Herman heads to Austin?

Reaction Score
NEXT MAN UP BRO #HTOWNTAKEOVER
The next version of Kragthorpe, PP...you name it. Hey maybe they'll bring back Art Briles like Jurich brought back Petrino at UL. I don't think they will have to worry about him not being available.

Reaction Score
If it's uh and byu, not the worst scenario. Big 12 limps along in a fractured state and the AAC can survive, maybe even thrive.

When the gor ends, if ou and/or ut leave, they can backfill (Uconn and cincy).

Not saying I like, but AAC with Uconn and cincy better than just Uconn.

Reason I don't think it happens is no east coast and another Texas school. Who blinked if that happens?

Reaction Score
If it's uh and byu, not the worst scenario. Big 12 limps along in a fractured state and the AAC can survive, maybe even thrive.

When the gor ends, if ou and/or ut leave, they can backfill (Uconn and cincy).

Not saying I like, but AAC with Uconn and cincy better than just Uconn.

Reason I don't think it happens is no east coast and another Texas school. Who blinked if that happens?
Schools made a cash grab in the sprint out the door

Reaction Score

I don't believe what most of of what tge Dude spouts; but, the news clip is legitimate with respect to reason #1 why U Houston may have a shot at the XII. It also alludes what may chase non-Texas schools, such as Oklahoma, Kansas and maybe OK St, as far away from XII as possible as soon as possible.

Inside UH's Political Push to Join the Big 12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom