Non-Key Tweets | Page 665 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
I personally think UConn and BYU are fighting for one spot... but UConn wins in the end.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Not trying to defend Houston but if there were real sources indicating that they were out, I doubt Tillman Fertitta donates $20 million for a renovated basketball stadium yesterday. I mean, I guess he could just be a great donor but I had never heard of him caring much about UH before the Big 12 expansion noise starting coming through.

The renovation of Hofheinz Pavilion project has been on the drawing board for many months. Fertitta has known about it all along, so any pub he's trying to generate now is just a transparent attempt to curry favor with the B12 and the TX politicians he bankrolls. It's another yawner.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm trying, I'm trying but these goshdarn powerball numbers never seem to hit.
NYUConn Stadium on Horsebarn Hill?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Heard from someone at KU today that BYU and UConn are being talked about most. Take it FWIW.

Maybe the B12 presidents are smarter than anybody thought?

CL82

Reaction Score
Honestly I would donate money to swing the wrecking ball once at Arjona or Monteith.
I think I'm the only UConn grad who didn't mind "the twin towers." I lived in South so it was infinitely better to have an English class there as a first class than a math class in the math science building. I spent a lot of morning walking cross campus with a cup of coffee and omelette slapped between two pieces of toast.

Reaction Score
I think I'm the only UConn grad who didn't mind "the twin towers." I lived in South so it was infinitely better to have an English class there as a first class than a math class in the math science building. I spent a lot of morning walking cross campus with a cup of coffee and omelette slapped between two pieces of toast.

From a convenience factor they were great. But they were antiquated and 10 degrees in the winter and 110 degrees in the spring/summer.

Reaction Score
I remember thinking Burton was a jerk at the time, but boy did he end up vindicated

Pasqualoni was worse for UConn than probably even he imagined he'd be

Pasqualoni was horrific for UConn, but let's not pretend that Pasqualoni benching Burton's son at Syracuse isn't what triggered all of those problems. It had little to do with Pasqualoni's worthiness, especially since Burton's son was around during the Donovan McNabb era.

CL82

Reaction Score
From a convenience factor they were great. But they were antiquated and 10 degrees in the winter and 110 degrees in the spring/summer.
Bah, you youngsters always need to be coddled. It's too cold? Boo-hoo, throw on a coat.... and frankly, anything that promotes Spring time semi-nudity in coeds is to be lauded.

8b52ba328ac8a13e3982088256d425ad.jpg

Reaction Score
Not exactly. My thinking isn't that they're in. It's that if they knew they were out, Fertitta wouldn't be throwing down all this cash and grabbing every interview he could. That wouldn't mean they're in, just means they have a shot.
I think it's a safer assumption that nobody has a clue except 10 Presidents and a man named Bowlsby on which way this is going to shake out. Maybe Fox and ESPN have some influence but the Big12 has been very quiet and strategic in any leaks.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
You Know....Bob graduated from my high school, Conard in W. Hartford. As great as the WH school system is considered to be, I'm pretty sure he is the most famous graduate of that school. (and no, there's nothing wrong with making millions of $$ selling furniture). :)

You're a Chieftain too??

Reaction Score
I think you're looking at it backwards. you're assuming the $20M is because Houston is in. It might be that nobody knows anything as widely speculated and Fertitta is leveraging his wealth to make a statement and get houston some positive attention. in that case the timing is perfect. Uconn's announce of $90M in approved capital projects is a similar ploy I believe.

Burton has been somewhat quiet in this whole process.
That statement is VERY telling! We haven't heard 1 peep out of him.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
He's from Fairfield and went to McMahon in Norwalk.

Did Ken Ober go to Hall or Conard?

What about Mose Schrute?
I could have sworn he was from WeHa hmm. The guy from Dashboard Confessional definitely was.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I could have sworn he was from WeHa hmm. The guy from Dashboard Confessional definitely was.

I don't know what a Wavy Gravy is. It's too bad Ruslan went to Hall too I guess. He's pretty famous.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Honestly I would donate money to swing the wrecking ball once at Arjona or Monteith.

There's a 50/50 shot that i can make that happen when the day comes to fruition. You hold up your end of the bargain and ill do mine.

Reaction Score
You Know....Bob graduated from my high school, Conard in W. Hartford. As great as the WH school system is considered to be, I'm pretty sure he is the most famous graduate of that school. (and no, there's nothing wrong with making millions of $$ selling furniture). :)

I always thought Pete Dante was the most famous person to graduate from Conard!? He was in fact the QB in Waterboy and was in pretty much every other Sandler movie since then.......

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom