Non-Key Tweets | Page 587 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Our 2nd favorite WVU poster with an update:

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 7m7 minutes ago
At least that's what I'm hearing as of late last night.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 7m7 minutes ago
So B12 will take their time on 13 and 14 but make a big splash to kick off CFB season by announcing 2.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 8m8 minutes ago
BYU and UC are pretty much a lock and will likely be the first two in. The next two are where the waters get murky.

Reaction Score
I got the same byu and cincy info. from a high source as well. It's kind of hard for me to believe that this is not going to leak out of the aac stuff this week. Aresco already spilled the beans, and with all these lower lying schools throwing hail mary pitches this thing is likely to be a fart traveling in a windstorm.

Reaction Score
The more that seems to come out about this Baylor situation certainly would support going to 14. That could get messy if reports are correct. Correction, messy to a "major cluster". I guess the good news is it's a texas school where the conference already has a large inventory.

Reaction Score
My source indicated 2 aac teams leave in 2017, and one in 2018. Thus, byu would not join until 2018. I'm not sure if byu having all independent games makes it easier or harder to go, but that cannot be simple. At least with a conference schedule you can negotiate a big block of games.

Reaction Score
Definitely seems to be heading in the wrong direction for us. Sounds a lot like the last ACC expansion. The noise seems to be BYU and Cincy are a lock. Houston has a political advantage and we're stuck with the others trying to convince everyone to bless us with an invitation to their dysfunctional group. Hoping for a good result but I'm ready for that kick.

Reaction Score
Helps our cause?

I would think that if there is ANY chance of a network now or later then they can't just ignore all information that was provided to them by the TV consultants can they? Everything I read indicated that UConn would be best addition according to those consultants due to location. I just want this to be over - wake up - check Twitter, check Conf. realignment board, rinse and repeat all day, every day :confused:

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
If that's true this is absolutely awful news
Why is anyone worrying about random Twitter users that have created their profiles in the last few days with Big12 expansion in their names just to make them sound somewhat official. These people are just looking for attention and are not involved with the Big12 expansion committee or presidents, so who cares what they think, prefer or "heard". The only non-key tweeter I'd consider putting any stock in is Flug essentially because of his longevity and the WFRR guy at the car wash just because it's so ridiculous I want to believe.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Definitely seems to be heading in the wrong direction for us. Sounds a lot like the last ACC expansion. The noise seems to be BYU and Cincy are a lock. Houston has a political advantage and we're stuck with the others trying to convince everyone to bless us with an invitation to their dysfunctional group. Hoping for a good result but I'm ready for that kick.

If we lose to Memphis, there is nothing left to complain about. If we can't beat Memphis, than we don't deserve to be in a BCS league. The market will have spoken. As a result, I am not going to worry about it.

Big 12 Steve claims to have been the former head of Social Media for the Big 12. Strange that he didn't use the actual title, which is Director of Social Media. I went into Linkedin, and the current person in the role, Laura Rasmussen, has had the job since July 2014. I tried a few different searches, and couldn't find anyone named Steve that was a former employee of the Big 12, but that doesn't mean much because Linkedin's searches suck. In any event, this guy claims to have had a real title that would put him in the know, and is not hiding behind an anonymous twitter handle. That said, if he really was that close to the Big 12, you would think Bowlsby or someone would tell him to stop tweeting. We will find out soon enough.

Reaction Score
I would say that if the Aresco knows that schools are leaving and that they are leaving in a staggered fashion, that he knows which schools. The fact that he mentioned Diaco a couple of days ago in talking up the future of the conference is a little more alarming now. He did not mention Cincy or Houston coaches. At the same time, UConn was very quick to tell Jacobs that big 12 expansion had cooled in June. Nothing like that has been stated yet, which is good news.

Is the statement above true? Did Aresco say the programs will leave on good terms and in a staggered fashion? Hopefully, that fact is just made up.

Reaction Score
Well, it's very plausible that his info could be accurate based on the other source saying Memphis, CSU were also options in some of the packages

Maybe Fred Smith has come in and formally pledged huge investments like T Boone

If they beat us out we're screwed with the whole UT and Tex forcing UH in and then just overall geography

I'm now below 50% on us getting in and thinking college football RIP and can we remain competitive in hoops

If we lose to Memphis, there is nothing left to complain about. If we can't beat Memphis, than we don't deserve to be in a BCS league. The market will have spoken. As a result, I am not going to worry about it.

Big 12 Steve claims to have been the former head of Social Media for the Big 12. Strange that he didn't use the actual title, which is Director of Social Media. I went into Linkedin, and the current person in the role, Laura Rasmussen, has had the job since July 2014. I tried a few different searches, and couldn't find anyone named Steve that was a former employee of the Big 12, but that doesn't mean much because Linkedin's searches suck. In any event, this guy claims to have had a real title that would put him in the know, and is not hiding behind an anonymous twitter handle. That said, if he really was that close to the Big 12, you would think Bowlsby or someone would tell him to stop tweeting. We will find out soon enough.

Reaction Score
I would say that if the Aresco knows that schools are leaving and that they are leaving in a staggered fashion, that he knows which schools. The fact that he mentioned Diaco a couple of days ago in talking up the future of the conference is a little more alarming now. He did not mention Cincy or Houston coaches. At the same time, UConn was very quick to tell Jacobs that big 12 expansion had cooled in June. Nothing like that has been stated yet, which is good news.

Pretty sure he mentioned.

Is the statement above true? Did Aresco say the programs with leave on good terms and in a staggered fashion? Hopefully, that fact is just made up

I'm pretty sure he did mention Tom Herman.

I agree with Nelson, for once. Except I'll add if we lose to Memphis we have no closers on our side. Louisville, WVU, they found a way to not get squeezed out. Ultimately this is a pass fail course.

I believe the people here are doing everything they can, and you applaud that, but at the end of the day to watch your competition beat you out time after is deflating.

Reaction Score

Is the statement above true? Did Aresco say the programs will leave on good terms and in a staggered fashion? Hopefully, that fact is just made up.

It is made up.

Reaction Score
Assuming Aresco has inside info, why would any departures be staggered? Is it about paying exit fee? I assume we can afford to pay to get out asap.

Is it because BYU needs more time and their partner would be added when they are added? They have to wind down their own network to some extent. It might require more time. If BYU is not leaving now, we might still be on first train out with Cincy, no?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I agree, Manuel looked awful and was awful during the whole ACC thing and Benedict no idea

Some of lots of this falls on Suzi, her legacy will be impacted with this and the whole emphasis on academics will have yielded nothing when community colleges like Louisville, Cincy, Memphis, Houston end up in better spots

I'm pretty sure he did mention Tom Herman.

I agree with Nelson, for once. Except I'll add if we lose to Memphis we have no closers on our side. Louisville, WVU, they found a way to not get squeezed out. Ultimately this is a pass fail course.

I believe the people here are doing everything they can, and you applaud that, but at the end of the day to watch your competition beat you out time after is deflating.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom