Non-Key Tweets | Page 586 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I picked the worst two weeks for a vacation--if we get passed over, the whole darn trip will be ruined
I picked a bad time to start at a new job! It'll take all my willpower to avoid checking news / social media.

Reaction Score
Apples and oranges - the FB schools would have revolted had another "basketball school" been selected.

Bullcrap!! I contend they (FSU/Clemson) never were serious with that threat, and their signing of the GOR...twice, backs me up.

Reaction Score
You're right....you're not a guru....UConn wasn't contiginous OR even a consideration.....RU had been on an unofficial waiting list for years....do a little research..

Ok, so I did a little research and it appears that Rutgers has been on the waiting list for a championship list a long f!?king time. You were right!

Reaction Score
Bullcrap!! I contend they (FSU/Clemson) never were serious with that threat, and their signing of the GOR...twice, backs me up.

Still wrong - that was in Nov. 2012 and the GOR was in April 2013. The FB schools were throwing their weight around as 85% of the TV $$ comes from FB. The other schools had to defer to them to keep them happy. Likely included was Ga Tech, Va Tech, and Miami too as they are FB schools.

Last edited:

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score

I feel it's pretty ignorant at this point to exclude UConn from expansion candidate lists from these so called journalists. Not that we'd top this list in this article but still my point stands.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I feel it's pretty ignorant at this point to exclude UConn from expansion candidate lists from these so called journalists. Not that we'd top this list in this article but still my point stands.
Believe me, USF doesn't have a chance. Their academic fraud scandal has come at a terrible time.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Believe me, USF doesn't have a chance. Their academic fraud scandal has come at a terrible time.
Seriously? Read my post again and tell me where I needed you to believe USF doesn't have a chance. My post was about the ignorance of these journalists covering expansion, just happened to use a USF beat piece as an example.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Seriously? Read my post again and tell me where I needed you to believe USF doesn't have a chance. My post was about the ignorance of these journalists covering expansion, just happened to use a USF beat piece as an example.
I know, I was just passing along my opinion since the letters USF came up. Btw, I didn't read the piece.

Reaction Score
Still wrong - that was in Nov. 2012 and the GOR was in April 2013. The FB schools were throwing their weight around as 85% of the TV $$ comes from FB. The other schools had to defer to them to keep them happy. Likely included was Ga Tech, Va Tech, and Miami too as they are FB schools.

FSU was serious enough that the President ordered a financial study of travel costs and prepped the BOT....

The GOR was signed because ESPN promised a network, Louisville was added, Notre Dame came on for five games and ESPN bumped the payout.

Reaction Score

Has anyone seen this... It seems to align with timing and other news we are hearing on Cinci and he has gained over 100 followers since midnight

Reaction Score

Has anyone seen this... It seems to align with timing and other news we are hearing on Cinci and he has been gaining followers like crazy

Wouldn't make any sense. First off I very much doubt anyone is starting in 2017. Second, why would they stagger the entrances?

Then again, he's "Steve The Big 12 Source" so it's tough to argue with him

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Wouldn't make any sense. First off I very much doubt anyone is starting in 2017. Second, why would they stagger the entrances?

Then again, he's "Steve The Big 12 Source" so it's tough to argue with him
BYU has the most scheduling issues due to future contracts, they are the least likely to be able to start in 2017. Although no exit fees/timelines in football, anyway.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom