Non-Key Tweets | Page 565 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
I was told BYU's candidacy very much up in the air. If vote was today, Cinci, UCONN, UCF, USF would get B12 invites.

— Tuxedo Yoda (@TuxedoYoda) July 20, 2016

Maybe this morning. Once the news broke that USF is under investigation, they were immediately usurped. Probably by Houston.

Cincy, UConn and UCF, however... I believe.

You know... there's been recent allegations of rape and cover up leveled against BYU too. Why deal with another opaque church school immune to public records and accountability?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I'll take anyone named Tuxedo Yoda's word as gospel
While I always thought BYU's long football history, strong tv ratings and national following made them a lock at #1. However, it does make the geography more manageable to eliminate them from the picture. Two time zones and more infill for those two time zones could be more meaningful than their obvious benefits, sunday issues aside.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
While I always thought BYU's long football history, strong tv ratings and national following made them a lock at #1. However, it does make the geography more manageable to eliminate them from the picture. Two time zones and more infill for those two time zones could be more meaningful than their obvious benefits, sunday issues aside.

They also just have a reputation for being unbearable to work with. Let's not forget, Bronco Mendenhall made a seemingly downward transition to Virginia from BYU. If he had an idea that BYU was potentially headed for the Big XII, would he have ever left for a lower tier ACC school? Bronco probably saw the writing on the wall at BYU. I may be mistaken, but that particular move says a lot about BYU and its future IMO

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
They also just have a reputation for being unbearable to work with. Let's not forget, Bronco Mendenhall made a seemingly downward transition to Virginia from BYU. If he had an idea that BYU was potentially headed for the Big XII, would he have ever left for a lower tier ACC school? Bronco probably saw the writing on the wall at BYU. I may be mistaken, but that particular move says a lot about BYU and its future IMO

I've never heard any stories about them being difficult..but I haven't look either. I was impressed with how many came to our game at the Rent. Sure, the church bangs the bell to get them to go, but they do go and that is impressive.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I've never heard any stories about them being difficult..but I haven't look either. I was impressed with how many came to our game at the Rent. Sure, the church bangs the bell to get them to go, but they do go and that is impressive.

Sure, the fans were nice. I sit next to the visitors section and enjoyed them. I like crowds that cheer for their team and aren't rude, obnoxious, obscene, etc. so I really liked BYU. In the conference, USF and ECU fans are pretty annoying. I think there are stories out regarding prior Big XII interest in BYU being stopped by difficulty with administration.

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
jbq9FJr.gif

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I'm waiting for that Houston/TAMU fan Daniel Whatever to make a bunch of fake UConn fan twitters and tweet at the Big12 "we don't want in your duck*** conference bunch of n*****! #AACpowerehitepower

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Whether you believe Bluevod or not, does anyone really think BYU/Houston/Cincinnati, etc., is going to make Oklahoma and Texas commit to that league for 10-15 more years? Honestly I think this is nothing more than a stopgap to keep the league together until they see how it works out.
I think they'll try. Especially if the Cincy poster is correct that there's a clear first tier of schools that are more desirable than the second/third tiers. That said, if push comes to shove of course any school will be like "OK, fine just asking!"

Reaction Score
I think they'll try. Especially if the Cincy poster is correct that there's a clear first tier of schools that are more desirable than the second/third tiers. That said, if push comes to shove of course any school will be like "OK, fine just asking!"

No doubt. They'd be crazy not to try. To be honest, I think most of the schools would be wise to sign. Texas, Oklahoma and perhaps Kansas or Oklahoma State... not so much.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
No doubt. They'd be crazy not to try. To be honest, I think most of the schools would be wise to sign. Texas, Oklahoma and perhaps Kansas or Oklahoma State... not so much.

Unless they were a requirement to get Oklahoma, who would have an interest in Okie State? Even then, I'm not sure they are worth it.

Reaction Score
Unless they were a requirement to get Oklahoma, who would have an interest in Okie State? Even then, I'm not sure they are worth it.

I think the SEC has been reported to have interest in Okie Light.

Reaction Score
Dennis Dodd ‏@dennisdoddcbs 1h1 hour ago
AM RT: Why the @Big12Conference flipped and ranking the expansion candidates: 1, BYU; 2, UConn …
Big 12 expansion: Ranking the candidates, why Texas probably changed its mind

Dave R. ‏@CT_Goonie 1h1 hour ago
@dennisdoddcbs do you think this might spark some action by the ACC to take Uconn before it's too late?

Dennis Dodd ‏@dennisdoddcbs 1h1 hour ago
@CT_Goonie Too late for what? I think I just saw ACC lock up Notre Dame (and everyone else) for the next 20 years. Why does it need UConn?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 48m48 minutes ago
Greg Flugaur Retweeted Dennis Dodd

https://mobile.twitter.com/dennisdoddcbs/status/756099020150321153… He's getting closer.... Doing a 180 degree turn on UCONN candidacy to B12 is a good first step.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 46m46 minutes ago
New BTM info tonight. Give you a hint: It looks like we @flugempire were too quick on apologizing in getting UC/UCONN to B12 wrong.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 42m42 minutes ago
Greg Flugaur Retweeted Greg Flugaur

https://mobile.twitter.com/flugempire/status/730721051785580546… May 12th to July 21st. No changes. With 1 exception. 13 & 14 is alive with horse trading. More info tonight.

Kurtis Williamson ‏@kcwilli40 6m6 minutes ago
@flugempire Is adream scenario of ASU & Arizona an option? Give full share immediately and add 2 at very low share. Or do they have GOR?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 5m5 minutes ago
@kcwilli40 It's not an option

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 2m2 minutes ago
Doing this at work is difficult. But I will try to tweet out the new info from BTM right now.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 1m1 minute ago
Following tweets is from BTM through his OU Contacts.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 28s28 seconds ago
BTM: To get to 12 schools looks like B12 will have to get to 14. Horse trading needed to elevate schools up to 8 votes (UC exception)

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 37s37 seconds ago
BTM: B12 expansion is cash grab to keep B12 payouts at SEC/B1G levels. B12GOR will not be extended as in the ACC case.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 4s4 seconds ago
BTM: UCONN (2nd tier) has half traction (would get about 5 votes) UH-BYU are tier below. UCF-CSU 3rd tier. Memphis is not in game.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 14s15 seconds ago
BTM: Horse Trading will be needed...and will happen to get to 14 if ESPN/Texas signs off on expansion.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 10s11 seconds ago
BTM: UC/UCONN/UH/BYU is where B12 expansion is headed. Would satisfy FOX. Would satisfy UT donors (UT stays in B12 West with OU-TT)

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 12s13 seconds ago
BTM: 3 hurdles 1) ESPN/UT: Not sold as of yet. 2) B12 Olympic Scheduling changes (BYU) 3) B12N is nothing more than words on napkin

BTM: UT is BYU's best friend in the B12 when it comes to possible expansion to 14. BYU traction is Texas.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 43s44 seconds ago
BTM: OU contacts believe we are heading toward Boren getting 2 out of his 3 wishes (CCG+EXP)..but B12N in any meaningful value is a no go.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 56s57 seconds ago
BTM: OU contacts: Look for UH/Baylor/TCU (east)to be in opposite division of TT/UT (west)

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 35s36 seconds ago
BTM: ESPN has doubts at this stage in B12 expansion direction. FOX is on board if UC/UCONN are included. FOX would like UCF..but no traction

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Flugempire up to his BTM (aka his own guesses) again after he said he wouldn't be doing it anymore.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Dodd's UConn summary:

2. UConn: One high-ranking source believes UConn can deliver the highly-populated Northeastern corridor even the football is lacking. UConn has an alumni base in New York and Boston. Think of the Big Ten settling for Rutgers a few years ago. The State University of New Jersey wasn't a first choice but it is 35 miles from New York City.

Really? That's it? No commentary of 1st class facilities, Werth, Burton, Shankman? No comment on being the one of the two best MBB programs of the last 25 years? No comment on best academics of the expansion candidates?

Still, good to hear we are in the race and close to the top, but...

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire now3 seconds ago
BTM: As of now..if UT/ESPN signs off with no extended GOR..look for following:

UT-TT-OU-OSU-KU-KST-BYU

UH-BAY-TCU-ISU-UC-WVU-UCONN

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 28s29 seconds ago
I asked BTM what happened in June? Why did OU contacts go from UC/UCONN in B12 to nothing happening? BTM: Texas is looking beyond 2024

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 34s34 seconds ago
BTM: UT wants flexibility in 2024. Will not sell its flexibility for anything.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 5s6 seconds ago
BTM: With ACC GOR extension now reality others in B12 are fine with UT & OU keeping their "flexability"...they just want P5 access.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 2m2 minutes ago
I asked BTM if there could be any changes to OU contacts belief of UC/UCONN/BYU/UH to B12...

BTM: No..

UC has the votes.

UCONN/UH/BYU all need horse trading...it will happen

The others have no traction among current B12 schools.

So TIFWIW. Same OU contacts who broke B12 Wrestling EXP news..same contacts who in spring of 15 told us OU was upset with B12direction...

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 49s50 seconds ago
From @flugempire we state through OU contacts: If UT/ESPN signs off on B12 EXP. UC/UCONN/UH/BYU will be your additions

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
In reading between the lines - in the world according to Flug, Memphis's academics has made it a non starter..probably the same with UCF and USF which are also pseudo commuter schools. Fox wants UC/UConn and one FL school because it delivers the most on their investment. You can connect the dots this way, the argument to include UConn is that it will piss Fox off the least which will matter in 2026.

And that the fight for the fourth space is between UH/CSU, with Memphis and direction FL out of the picture.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Not as good a FB schedule you might have hoped, but more opportunities to make the CCG. I think a 2009 level team, would have a chance to win this division.

That's so much better though. Do we really want to be the Purdue of a P5 conference, constantly getting our nads kicked in? I know I don't. I'd love to play in the 'weak' division and have a chance to pull an upset in the conf championship game

Reaction Score
Not as good a FB schedule you might have hoped, but more opportunities to make the CCG. I think a 2009 level team, would have a chance to win this division.
Baylor (on the field) and TCU have a lot more fond memories in football in recent years than everyone up there save Oklahoma. That football division is still a godsend and wouldn't completely bury us as a perennial loser.

Also no division would ever stop the B12 from capitalizing on Kansas-UConn in basketball. I'm plenty happy with those divisions, and were in no position to complain.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom