Non-Key Tweets | Page 563 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal · 2h2 hours ago
nobody ever said done deal on anything in expansion just advanced talks. Sounds like that led to ACC to panic and get a deal done.

Bluevod‏@Bluevodreal
@BigBlueHank I have heard from ESPN and FOX high ups on Texas but FSU was first hand from former prez.

Hank ‏@BigBlueHank · 2h2 hours ago
@Bluevodreal wondering if FSU would agree to a 20 year grant of rights that locks them into an inferior money deal. want to see #s.

Bluevod‏@Bluevodreal
@BigBlueHank Me too I need to see the money. FSU staying will be a complete 180 from where they were 10 days ago if they indeed sign.

Bluevod is still irrationally hanging on to this "lets see if FSU really signs the new GOR" stance.

This reminds me of 2013 when the WVU and other Big 12 folks couldn't believe that the ACC schools signed and argued that partial member ND and future member Louisville couldn't legally sign a GOR.......

Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 57m57 minutes ago
Bowlsby says with ACC schools off the board for 2 decades we have to expand now with the best 2 available that fit geographically.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 1h1 hour ago
He is also championing an ESPN backed digital network that would be easier to launch with T3 contracts help raise revenue

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 1h1 hour ago
He says the money is there the competitive data is there it is a no brainer

MH ver3 ‏@M Hver3 50m50 minutes ago
Bowlsby says to expand by 2 now and when PAC gor is close to end we may get a couple from there.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 19m19 minutes ago
UT acknowledging the pipe dream of ACC schools leaving is over. Maybe things can move forward.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 16m16 minutes ago
Getting confirmation all ACC schools have now signed the extended GOR.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 16m16 minutes ago
ACC is safe. No one leaving. Put it to bed.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 15m15 minutes ago
Being told B12 could reach a consensus to agree to expand today. Wow what a difference from what I was told last week !

Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 6h6 hours ago
Bowlsby says to expand by 2 now and when PAC gor is close to end we may get a couple from there.

Flintdawg ‏@Odharris1 6h6 hours ago
@MH ver3 why a pac12 school leave their conference for the Big 12? They own their Network Big 12 do not have ownership of anything.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 6h6 hours ago
@Odharris1 I because their network makes no money. Also B12 schools have ownership of T3.

Flintdawg ‏@Odharris1 5h5 hours ago
@MH ver3 every school has three tier rights. IMG sports, Fox sports sign schools to radio shows all kind of things that's three tier right

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 5h5 hours ago
@Odharris1 but not for TV like B12

@MH ver3 TX get 15 mill, OK 6 mill, KS 3-4 mill Michigan State just signed a contract with Fox Sports for a 150million dollars 3T

@Odharris1 I and all those B12 numbers are TV only. They have radio deals as well.

@MH ver3 you're fooling yourself TV is included with your 3T contracts. You just won't let it go that PAC ACC will survive. P4 is happening

@Odharris1 and I don't think P4 will happen anytime soon. I do believe PAC will be vulnerable. Heck B12 is vulnerable right now.

@MH ver3 why is Pac-12 vulnerable they own their Network they have ownership in something that's there. Big 12 don't own anything

@Odharris1 they own a failing network. West coast doesn't care. Can get same or better $ with B12 T3 and much more in T1&T2

Rebar619 ‏@jlahaye76 4h4 hours ago
@MH ver3 @Odharris1 if the west coast doesn't care now, why would they if a team is in the Big 12. You are off on this.

MH ver3
‏@MH ver3
@jlahaye76 @Odharris1 because the teams they have a shot with are in AZ not California

Flintdawg ‏@Odharris1 4h4 hours ago
@MH ver3 @jlahaye76 @Odharris1 Do really think that a west Coast School wants to travel all the way to the east coast every week. Give it up.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 4h4 hours ago
@Odharris1 @jlahaye76 I'm through arguing. Believe what you will.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 51m51 minutes ago
Board of directors teleconference starts in about 10 minutes-this should be interesting. Hope to get info earlier than last nights

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 51m51 minutes ago
I'm told Gee expects Bowlsby to announce that B12 is reopening explorations into a network in light of recent announcements.

tumblr_n3isss4fUk1sxalq0o1_500.gif

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 22m22 minutes ago
Big 12 BoD presser is late. What could they be talking about?

brock ‏@bc_frogs · 18m18 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV honestly, just as likely they're ripping baylor folks to shreds as it is they're talking expansion

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV
@bc_frogs Both. The two are linked.

@knappshack The simple question is money.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 13m13 minutes ago
@knappshack See Nebraska's profit sharing schedule for the B1G.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 14m14 minutes ago
If you play the Muzak backwards all your expansion questions are answered.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 38m38 minutes ago
Interviews are wrapping up. Presser shortly.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 20m20 minutes ago
Do it B12! Screw ESPN/Fox. Expand to 16.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 38m38 minutes ago
Interviews are wrapping up. Presser shortly.

Can't he even get that right?

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 3h3 hours ago
So OU contacts in May were optimistic and through BTM told us EXP and B12N is a go...(UC/UCONN) What happened in June? Crazy.

And now with ESPN getting a ACCN going for FSU/Miami... Well.... I don't think UCF is blocked anymore from B12 media partners. Interesting

The timing of ACCN getting done....with B12 expansion back on front burner... ...timing couldn't be better for UCF candidacy into B12.

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN 3h3 hours ago
Spoke w/several sources about Big 12 expansion. Everyone in play. Best quote: “Cincinnati leader in clubhouse but we don’t have a clubhouse"

Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB 3h3 hours ago
The Big12 is the most wildly unpredictable entity in college sports..That said my hunch is #Cincinnati is the safest bet for B12 expansion.

Joseph Duarte ‏@Joseph_Duarte 3h3 hours agoHouston, TX
. @UHouston BOR chair @TilmanJFertitta on Big 12 exploring expansion: "We hope they realize how far we've come at UH in last 10 years."

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 2h2 hours ago
Just a thought: Now that B12 is expanding + some sort of B12N which would extend B12 GOR... Then does Delany take another look at EXP?

Greg Flugaur Retweeted Greg Flugaur

https://mobile.twitter.com/flugempire/status/755541901621669889… Probably not. But if all valued P5 & G5 schools tied up in GOR's until mid 2030's.. maybe JD takes one more look?

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub 2h2 hours ago
@flugempire now......

@NebGradDubDub Probably not. Just thinking out loud.

Dan Schwarzlander ‏@dschwarzlander 2h2 hours ago
@flugempire @NebGradDubDub B1G already did due diligence on OU/KU last time around, just for situations like this I'd imagine

Chuck Carlton ‏@ChuckCarltonDMN 2h2 hours ago
Hearing from an industry source that expansion virtual assured in Big 12. Only question is two or four teams.

Jake Trotter ‏@Jake_Trotter 2h2 hours ago
David Boren — In one year, got the Big 12 to add title game, do due diligence on network, and begin to pursue expansion candidates.

Question remains: Does Big 12 get an extended GOR during the expansion process? Would Oklahoma agree to an extended B12 GOR?

Dennis DoddVerified account‏@dennisdoddcbs
Bowlsby: Football-only members a possibly in expansion.

Greg Flugaur Retweeted Dennis Dodd

https://mobile.twitter.com/dennisdoddcbs/status/755551343968817152… This couldn't get more interesting.

mudd ‏@muddymuddster 2h2 hours ago
@flugempire Clearly speaks to BYU no? Obviously Sunday play would not be an issue.

@muddymuddster Yes.

Aaron ‏@posas13 1h1 hour ago
@flugempire Little chance. This is about solidifying for the time when Texas and OU are gone.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 1h1 hour ago
@posas13 I would agree.

Brian A ‏@BriUConn 1h1 hour ago
@flugempire greg what is the BTM hearing for 2 and 4 school

@BriUConn I will talk with him again soon. As of May/June it was UC/UCONN. Will see..

Kyle S. Lamb ‏@Kyle_Lamb 1h1 hour ago
@flugempire always thought size of UCF + location + quality of facilities would be big ally in expansion, but what is good about timing?

@Kyle_Lamb Before ACCN announcement..would been impossible for ESPN to support adding another P5 FLA school...would have pissed off FSU

junglehusky ‏@junglehusky 1h1 hour ago
@BriUConn @flugempire Also Greg, does this change OU/UT exit ramp? Anticipate extended B12 GOR if/when expansion happens?

@junglehusky @BriUConn Are we expecting extended B12 GOR? Is it needed? I have no idea at this time

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 5h5 hours ago
BYU & Cincy are in... UCONN likely in...

The Big 12 knows who the 4 are. The question is do they expand to 12 or 14. That's in the hands of ESPN/Fox.

david_gibson ‏@BaylorFight · 5h5 hours ago
@theDudeofWV No it isn't.

@BaylorFight Yes it is. If ESPN Fox agree to pay more but less than the pro rata amount for 14 the B12 stays at 12.

I'm certain BYU is #11 and UC #12. The question is do they add 2 more?

The Big 12 will extend their GoR. OU and Texas are aboard.

And you can bet on a presser in Provo in Cincy in 3 weeks.

The Big 12 has had a composition committee for 2 years. Navigate and HBV have done analysis. You really think they don't have their list.

@ChrisLevel @JoeParkerCSU BYU & CSU don't infringe upon current recruiting footprint. They also add new markets.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 3h3 hours ago
One more time. The Big 12 has is 4 picked. They are pre-approved.

@UConn6thBorough Honestly. BYU is the only one I'm certain of... UC, UCONN seem good bets.

@UConn6thBorough UCONN & UC fit the description of what the B12 wants. Stability. UCONN football could be an issue.

The Big 12 has its four. Now comes the real. Negotiations with ESPN/Fox and the schools. Expect a very lengthy phase-in period.

I hate to see fans of the G5 schools get overly excited. 1st ESPN/Fox likely to pay to limit Big 12 expansion to 12.

Secondly I'm certain BYU is in as football/hoops only if they agree.

Taylor Jackson ‏@taylorijackson · 40m40 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV can you confirm that the vote on BYU actually happened after the expansion vote?

@taylorijackson Give me a few days. I have reason to believe all 4 are already chosen.

Reaction Score
If I'm a UCONN Fan I'm praying to god that The DOOF doesn't claim that my Huskies are in. That is an absolute kiss of death, and a certainty that the exact opposite is likely to happen. Hope he starts pimping Temple and Houston or other such nonsense.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 27m27 minutes ago
BTM just sent email:
"OU contacts have not moved off"
"Cincinnati and UCONN are tier above in eyes of Oklahoma"

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 21m21 minutes ago
I will speak with BTM tomorrow night (we think)
I sent BTM email to ask OU contacts on their belief of B12 going to 14...and who is 13-14

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 20m20 minutes ago
Hopefully we get a sense what OU contacts are thinking on possibility of 13-14 and who..
..will see.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 19m19 minutes ago
But obviously, according to BTM email of 8:33am this morning, OU contacts have same belief today as they did in Jan-May
UC/UCONN

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 17m17 minutes ago
@caingle
This info is coming from OU contacts...same people who broke B12 wrestling expansion on Twitter through BTM.
So will see..

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert Retweeted
The Real Bob Mayhew ‏@HabibHaddad · 2h2 hours ago  West Virginia, USA
@Jake_Trotter @theDudeofWV For all the talking heads dissing Big12's expansion cands, I ask you how many CUSA and BE teams now in ACC? #Fair

Sean ‏@smm140 · 1h1 hour ago
@theDudeofWV @taylorijackson your best quess on the 4? BYU, UC, next 2 ?

@smm140 @taylorijackson BYU, UC. Then UH (I'm biased) and UCONN. But I want UCF in there too. I think CSU is THE dark horse.

@UConn6thBorough Do you know who is on the executive board? I mean the 3 person committee? Fenves, Boren and the Prez of KU.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 1h1 hour ago
@UConn6thBorough It's those three, along with Bowlsby that opened talks with ESPN.

@UConn6thBorough How about this...what two bevo sh%#$ does UT give about what the ACC does? They are immune.

Has a conference ever announced they plan to expand? The free-for-all is worse than Black Friday at Wal-Mart. Blood will be spilled.

Cdubb‏@cdubb03
@theDudeofWV how sure are you that BYU is in?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 52m52 minutes ago
@Expansion_Crush @cdubb03 I'm certain.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 27m27 minutes ago
BTM just sent email:
"OU contacts have not moved off"
"Cincinnati and UCONN are tier above in eyes of Oklahoma"

...Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 19m19 minutes ago
But obviously, according to BTM email of 8:33am this morning, OU contacts have same belief today as they did in Jan-May
UC/UCONN

This totally may not be the route the B12 will take. Texas will have some say about that. But it also does not seem inconsistent with my perception of Oklahoma's preferences. Not believing we are a lock for anything, but contrary to many on the board I think Flug is just passing along info from some person or persons that are in a position to access some (limited) information. Given the fact that the B12 overall has no idea what they're doing from hour to hour calling this a fluid situation is an understatement.

Reaction Score
Dude's right about one thing, this is the first time a conference has openly announced before adding schools that they were going to expand and start considering candidates.

Reaction Score
@HabibHaddad @Andy_Staples @Expansion_Crush
UT and OU are out in front of this. As they desire so the Big 12 does.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Dude's right about one thing, this is the first time a conference has openly announced before adding schools that they were going to expand and start considering candidates.
Sarcasm? Are you forgetting the public announcement and the process the Big Ten went thru before they added Nebraska to get to 12.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Sarcasm? Are you forgetting the public announcement and the process the Big Ten went thru before they added Nebraska to get to 12.
I though the ACC replacing Maryland was a pretty public process, although not announced through a press conference.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
I though the ACC replacing Maryland was a pretty public process, although not announced through a press conference.
Yes, but that was more so expected that the ACC fill the slot because of the unequal divisions. It was public by the nature of the situation. The ACC had been pretty clandestine with their prior additions.

The Big 10 was very public about their expansion study and process prior to adding Nebraska. So to say that the Big 12 is the first conference to publicly announce it's expanding is not true. That was my point.

Reaction Score
That's what I was getting at. This is the first time a commissioner has come out and said in a presser that they're expanding. Not some vague sort of we'll consider our options moving forward or other kind of boilerplate quote.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
That's what I was getting at. This is the first time a commissioner has come out and said in a presser that they're expanding. Not some vague sort of we'll consider our options moving forward or other kind of boilerplate quote.

Lol. Ok.

How is the Big 10's 2009 press release on expansion and subsequent pressers different than the Big 12 announcing yesterday that they are continuing to explore expansion? The Big 12 didn't definitively say they were expanding for certain btw just exploring candidates.

Big Ten set to explore possibility of expansion

Big Ten to explore adding 12th member
Dec 16, 2009
  • i

Adam RittenbergESPN Staff Writer

The Big Ten Conference will actively explore the possibility of expansion in the next 12-18 months, according to a statement released Tuesday from the league's Council of Presidents/Chancellors.

At a Dec. 6 meeting at the Big Ten offices, the council (COP/C) asked league commissioner Jim Delany to begin the process of identifying and evaluating options for possible expansion from 11 to 12 teams.

Reaction Score

The Big Ten did exactly what the Big 12 did except it was by press release instead of press conference.

In December 2009:

"The COP/C believes that the timing is right for the conference to once again conduct a thorough evaluation of options for conference structure and expansion. As a result, the commissioner was asked to provide recommendations for consideration by the COP/C over the next 12 to 18 months. "

Go back and read Bowlsby's comments and you'll find he basically said the same thing.

Reaction Score
Lol. Ok.

How is the Big 10's 2009 press release on expansion and subsequent pressers different than the Big 12 announcing yesterday that they are continuing to explore expansion? The Big 12 didn't definitively say they were expanding for certain btw just exploring candidates.

Big Ten set to explore possibility of expansion

Big Ten to explore adding 12th member
Dec 16, 2009
  • i

Adam RittenbergESPN Staff Writer

The Big Ten Conference will actively explore the possibility of expansion in the next 12-18 months, according to a statement released Tuesday from the league's Council of Presidents/Chancellors.

At a Dec. 6 meeting at the Big Ten offices, the council (COP/C) asked league commissioner Jim Delany to begin the process of identifying and evaluating options for possible expansion from 11 to 12 teams.
Meh, fine.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom