Non-Key Tweets | Page 562 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I suspect that being a CR internet faux insider is like doing crack (or whatever the drug du jour is.) Early on it is a rush but after a while you need more and more validation to get the same feeling. The poor bastard is jonesing for another hit of validation.

Nailed it. I think all the CR twitterati fall victim to it. Too bad none of them OD (in a twitter sense) and never tweet again...

Reaction Score
so basically, given the lack of activity on this board, is it the consensus that nothing coming out of tomorrow's meeting will impact Uconn directly?

On a positive note, nothing of significance has ever happened as expected/predicted. wasn't it just after the media declared CR dead, ND moved to the ACC?

Reaction Score
Most CFB staffs vacation now as in a week or so preseason camp should be starting preparing for the season openers..ergo very little happening.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
so basically, given the lack of activity on this board, is it the consensus that nothing coming out of tomorrow's meeting will impact Uconn directly?

On a positive note, nothing of significance has ever happened as expected/predicted. wasn't it just after the media declared CR dead, ND moved to the ACC?

The only thing I now find reliable is that nobody on Twitter or in the media has any clue what's happening. Whatever happens, whenever it happens, we won't get advanced notice.

Reaction Score

at the very least it sounds like expansion isn't going to happen at all. so the nightmare scenario of the Big 12 taking Cincy and not us probably isn't going to play out

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 3h3 hours ago
Despite what you are reading today the fact is that the B12 will vote on expansion tomorrow. It's not expected to get the necessary votes.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 3h3 hours ago
But if expansion should pass the BYU would get a vote.

Troy Willardson ‏@CougarFan_ · 3h3 hours ago
@theDudeofWV I assume you have read @Ianfitzespn
"Bowlsby told me he'll advise the board to expand & is in favor of 2 divisions"

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV
@CougarFan_ @Ianfitzespn I knew that... 12/2 gives a 15% increase of making the playoffs.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 2h2 hours ago
But since this is the Big 12 the votes in favor of expansion could suddenly appear overnight.

Jared Crossley ‏@crossleyjs · 2h2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV Can you explain how the voting works, is it majority, or a certain %, or does it have to be unanimous to expand?

@crossleyjs 8 votes for anything to pass.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 2h2 hours ago
Greg Flugaur Retweeted Luke DeCock

ESPN investing more $...more time....more tools...increasing more exposure for ACC.

You mean ACC is more stable than B12?....yes, Dude of WV....it's true.

Now should I show the emails Dude sent me ripping BTM for stating ACCN will happen?
How about Bluevod tweets about a B1G raiding ACC?

ACC world has challenges, no doubt. But ACC has a Sugar Daddy which is invested in ACC future.
B12 does not have Sugar Daddy

@FredDietzmann
Sounds like dedicated channel and possible Subscritpion fee type. Will see soon enough.

I guess the old FSU to B12 snake oil that Dude of WV has been selling will be tabled for now?

The Beat of Sports ‏@thebeatofsports · 2h2 hours ago
And if ACC Network is a go...leaves Big XII as lone P5 w/out network deal and a greater challenge on closing revenue gap with others

Greg Flugaur Retweeted
Omega Supreme ‏@OmegaSupreme914 · 2h2 hours ago
@flugempire I tried to warn people they rather embrace the fairy tale of a barn filled with unicorns

Greg Flugaur Retweeted
Benjamin Criddle ‏@criddler21 · 2h2 hours ago
"The BIG12 will either EXPAND or it will EXPLODE" - @BDavisAAS

Greg Flugaur Retweeted
ESPN960Sports ‏@espn960sports · 2h2 hours ago
"If they were to announce they were expanding tomorrow, I think a lot of people would be shocked" @BDavisAAS

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 50m50 minutes ago
Greg Flugaur Retweeted Dave Miller

So Dude of WV....FSU to B12 in 2037?
LOL!

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 45m45 minutes ago
The B12 narrative @theDudeofWV has been trying to sell is complete BS.
Do you all understand now?
I actually believe you all do..

Greg Flugaur Retweeted
Dezy Hume‏@DezyHume
What are the odds Bowlsby is the "SOURCE" spewing details of the ACC network?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 42m42 minutes ago
So Boren & OU look at ESPN investing in ACCN....PAC getting COX to cover National PAC in CA/AZ...B1G new deal...SECN cashing checks...

Greg Flugaur Retweeted
Ruf / Writer ‏@OUupdatedSB · 50m50 minutes ago
Big news for the ACC. Made moves for sustainability and growth.

Greg Flugaur Retweeted
Brian Goodman ‏@bgoodyJoCo · 21m21 minutes ago  North Carolina, USA
@flugempire he was so wrong. I live in ACC land...NOBODY was talking about leaving for Big12. WVU might as well join us back in the AAC..lol

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 4m4 minutes ago
I don't have this info at this time...but I have to imagine ACCN will be added to some ESPN offered skinny bundles as its hitched with SECN

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 2m2 minutes ago
Now @Thedudeofwv is questioning the value of ACCN.
Well Chris...enough value for FSU to sign on dotted line for extended GOR to 2036
LOL!

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 1m1 minute ago
And keep in mind Chris, as you try to curl out from your fetal position, ACCN has ESPN to grease distribution skids

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur Retweeted Luke DeCock

ESPN investing more $...more time....more tools...increasing more exposure for ACC.

You mean ACC is more stable than B12?....yes, Dude of WV....it's true.

Now should I show the emails Dude sent me ripping BTM for stating ACCN will happen?
How about Bluevod tweets about a B1G raiding ACC?

ACC world has challenges, no doubt. But ACC has a Sugar Daddy which is invested in ACC future.
B12 does not have Sugar Daddy

@FredDietzmann
Sounds like dedicated channel and possible Subscritpion fee type. Will see soon enough.

I guess the old FSU to B12 snake oil that Dude of WV has been selling will be tabled for now?

The Beat of Sports ‏@thebeatofsports · 2h2 hours ago
And if ACC Network is a go...leaves Big XII as lone P5 w/out network deal and a greater challenge on closing revenue gap with others

Greg Flugaur Retweeted
Omega Supreme ‏@OmegaSupreme914 · 2h2 hours ago
@flugempire I tried to warn people they rather embrace the fairy tale of a barn filled with unicorns

Greg Flugaur Retweeted
Benjamin Criddle ‏@criddler21 · 2h2 hours ago
"The BIG12 will either EXPAND or it will EXPLODE" - @BDavisAAS

Greg Flugaur Retweeted
ESPN960Sports ‏@espn960sports · 2h2 hours ago
"If they were to announce they were expanding tomorrow, I think a lot of people would be shocked" @BDavisAAS

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 50m50 minutes ago

So Dude of WV....FSU to B12 in 2037?
LOL!

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 45m45 minutes ago
The B12 narrative @theDudeofWV has been trying to sell is complete BS.
Do you all understand now?
I actually believe you all do..

Greg Flugaur Retweeted
Dezy Hume‏@DezyHume
What are the odds Bowlsby is the "SOURCE" spewing details of the ACC network?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 42m42 minutes ago
So Boren & OU look at ESPN investing in ACCN....PAC getting COX to cover National PAC in CA/AZ...B1G new deal...SECN cashing checks...

Greg Flugaur Retweeted
Ruf / Writer ‏@OUupdatedSB · 50m50 minutes ago
Big news for the ACC. Made moves for sustainability and growth.

Greg Flugaur Retweeted
Brian Goodman ‏@bgoodyJoCo · 21m21 minutes ago  North Carolina, USA
@flugempire he was so wrong. I live in ACC land...NOBODY was talking about leaving for Big12. WVU might as well join us back in the AAC..lol

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 4m4 minutes ago
I don't have this info at this time...but I have to imagine ACCN will be added to some ESPN offered skinny bundles as its hitched with SECN

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 2m2 minutes ago
Now @Thedudeofwv is questioning the value of ACCN.
Well Chris...enough value for FSU to sign on dotted line for extended GOR to 2036
LOL!

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 1m1 minute ago
And keep in mind Chris, as you try to curl out from your fetal position, ACCN has ESPN to grease distribution skids

It's getting heated in moonshine land

Reaction Score
JA ‏@JeremyAnthony · 57m57 minutes ago
JA Retweeted Christopher Lambert
So you're not tweeting about the ACC network deal that actually happened tonight? That seems weird.

@JeremyAnthony Why? I said Movement between P5 confs was over. Not impressed with deal.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 46m46 minutes ago
Regarding ACC network. Show me the money. Show me the structure. Then we talk value & good deal or not.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 46m46 minutes ago
The Pac 12 has a network. How has that worked out?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 45m45 minutes ago
Unless the ACC takes a huge step up in the quality of its football product ACCN will struggle.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 42m42 minutes ago
@HoneyRoyPalmer @GooseGyorko So the ACC increase revenue by $3-$5m. No big deal.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 42m42 minutes ago
@HoneyRoyPalmer @GooseGyorko The devil is on the details and the details are likely not impressive monetarily.

Donnie BYU fan, LDS ‏@DonniePinky3 · 44m44 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @byutv still seen by more people

@DonniePinky3 @byutv 7 private schools in ACC with small alumni bases who care little about football.

Reaction Score
This is all so interesting the ESPN would leak news of its ACCn deal tonight on the eve of the B12 meeting. What could be the angle for ESPN?

Will this news affect the Big 12's decision on expansion?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Will this news affect the Big 12's decision on expansion?

I think it means UConn and UT to the B1G in 2026 with OU to the SEC along with a TBD (Houston/Kansas/Memphis/whatever) from the cast of usual suspects. I don't see us loosing that B1G seat to Kansas.

Reaction Score
John Mielke ‏@jmielke18 1h1 hour ago
@Bluevodreal Does the ACC news change your thoughts about conference expansion or was that expected?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 1h1 hour ago
@jmielke18 need to see details of the deal. I think it was a watered down version. No question money is no where near Big10.

Brett McMurphyVerified account‏@McMurphyESPN
ACC Network will launch by August 2019 & ACC extends conference grant of rights thru 2036, sources told @ESPN

Omega Supreme ‏@OmegaSupreme914 2h2 hours ago
Omega Supreme Retweeted Brett McMurphy

Somebody check @Bluevodreal pulse!

@OmegaSupreme914 the key is the money and if FSU signs. If so they avoided a collapse and target moves to Big12.

John Mielke ‏@jmielke18 1h1 hour ago
@Bluevodreal I should have specifically referenced grant of rights and ND status.

@jmielke18 if they can get them to sign GOR then they avoided a collapse and target moves to BIG12.

Told Brian Davis from Austin news source says Texas to the BIG10.
303d.png
1f607.png
If so expect Okl as well. Fluid and fun. Texas is the crown jewel 4 JD.

Scott Steffes ‏@ScottSteffes 57m57 minutes ago
@Bluevodreal any thoughts on the reports from ESPN about ACC network in 19

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 55m55 minutes ago
@ScottSteffes need to see details but not surprised they had to do it to avoid disaster.

The Ticket Corner‏@theticketcorner
@Bluevodreal when would they join

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 51m51 minutes ago
@theticketcorner have not heard time frame. Not sure how connected he is but I have heard similar reports.

Omega Supreme ‏@OmegaSupreme914 52m52 minutes ago
Omega Supreme Retweeted Bluevod

They all will sign, you know this already come on now.

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 51m51 minutes ago
@OmegaSupreme914 I would say your righ but FSU will be interesting.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 2h2 hours ago

https://mobile.twitter.com/Miller_Dave/status/755204229824909312… So who do you think the B10/SEC/PAC will be raiding in 2023/24 when GOR's run out?

The B12 narrative @theDudeofWV has been trying to sell is complete BS. Do you all understand now? I actually believe you all do..

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 1h1 hour ago

Now @Thedudeofwv is questioning the value of ACCN. Well Chris...enough value for FSU to sign on dotted line for extended GOR to 2036 LOL!

Greg Flugaur Retweeted Greg Flugaur

https://mobile.twitter.com/flugempire/status/755221380656828417… And keep in mind Chris, as you try to curl out from your fetal position, ACCN has ESPN to grease distribution skids

Josh ‏@JRock140 1h1 hour ago
@flugempire what's the next shoe to drop? ND all in ACC member?

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@JRock140 ND stays INDY.

Josh ‏@JRock140 54m54 minutes ago
@flugempire interesting. Wonder if the 13 data pt/conference $ will make them consider joining. Will ACC stay at 15 or give Texas ND deal?

Jim Myers ‏@Jimmycy1 49m49 minutes ago
@flugempire I'll believe the acc net when I see it

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@Jimmycy1 Good grief...

Jim Myers ‏@Jimmycy1 47m47 minutes ago
@flugempire I've been hearing about it for years

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@OmegaSupreme914 Of course all ACC schools will sign the extended GOR. You are correct Omega.

Jonathan Coker™ ‏@JonBCoker 49m49 minutes ago
@flugempire @OmegaSupreme914 @Bluevodreal so what's the plan now guys?

jessicalarson ‏@sooner2016 39m39 minutes ago
@JonBCoker @flugempire @OmegaSupreme914 @Bluevodreal UT and OU and possibly Missouri and Kansas. WOuld make Chicago to Texas B1G markets

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 8m8 minutes ago
For Notre Dame..for Clemson..for FSU..for Virginia to sign extended ACC GOR until 2036.. ..new deal has some cash & assurances behind it.

Reaction Score
This is all so interesting the ESPN would leak news of its ACCn deal tonight on the eve of the B12 meeting. What could be the angle for ESPN?

There is a 1% chance the Big 12 didn't already know about the ACC Network. The Big 12 is talking to the networks about their own conference title game and they already talked to the networks about wanting to do a network and were told no. They obviously knew the ACC Network was coming. That is probably why they went public saying Big 12 expansion is dead. Everyone knows what is coming now that the B1G, ACC, SEC and Pac 12 have networks.

Reaction Score
Told Brian Davis from Austin news source says Texas to the BIG10.
303d.png
1f607.png
If so expect Okl as well. Fluid and fun. Texas is the crown jewel 4 JD.

Brian Davis said that on the radio today. When he was talking about it the only conference he would talk about was the B1G. he was talking about it in a way where it came across as things already in the process of getting done. he was very specific in some of the reasons.

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 38m38 minutes ago
I wonder if the ACC news changed a few votes in the Big 12?

p dubya ‏@AP_Dubya · 28m28 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV perhaps this week's vote just got informed

@AP_Dubya How could it not be. How can B12 leaders not act?

Geoffrey Mitchell ‏@geoffmitchell · 33m33 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV without a tv contract and GOR what's the point. It's all GOR that matters. ACC locked in 20 years!!!

@geoffmitchell Networks wanted P5 movement to end.

Geoffrey Mitchell ‏@geoffmitchell · 13m13 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV Nothing good in this news in my opinion.

Bluevod‏@Bluevodreal
@OmegaSupreme914 the key is the money and if FSU signs. If so they avoided a collapse and target moves to Big12.

Omega Supreme ‏@OmegaSupreme914 · 3h3 hours ago
They all will sign, you know this already come on now.

@OmegaSupreme914 @Bluevodreal Accept B12 next to sign GoR extension. Already in the works.

@OmegaSupreme914 @Bluevodreal Sorry except. Damn iPhone.

(I think he means "expect".)

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 19m19 minutes ago
What ACC just got with ACCN/ESPN is what Boren was shooting for...
CCG+B12N+EXP (2 eastern markets (UC/UCONN)
FOX/ESPN said nope.

David Rooker ‏@dgrooker · 16m16 minutes ago
@flugempire The diff is the ACC had a contract (w/ a penalty to ESPN for no conf network) and the Big12 didn't. ESPN had to choose the ACC.

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@dgrooker
Good point....
But let's face it...B12 is neither ESPN(SEC-ACC) or FOX's (B1G-PAC) 1st or 2nd favorite child.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 18m18 minutes ago
The question remains....what did OU & UT agree upon?
Expansion without extended GOR/B12N?
Would ESPN/FOX say yes?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 17m17 minutes ago
The answer to the question does not effect OU's future for 2024 and beyond...they out.
But it sure does effect UC/BYU/UCF/UCONN.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I'd love to know where Oklahoma is going.

There situation is probably unclear, but that is what the next 8 or so years are for until 2026....to find a new home or, if not, to position themselves as the Texas giant to the G5 leftovers. The B12 will finally be their toy.

Reaction Score
Tuxedo Yoda ‏@TuxedoYoda · 2h2 hours ago
No coincidence B12 will announce expansion right after ACC Network becomes public knowledge. Fantasy of waiting for FSU & Clemson now gone.

Reaction Score
Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal · 2h2 hours ago
nobody ever said done deal on anything in expansion just advanced talks. Sounds like that led to ACC to panic and get a deal done.

Bluevod‏@Bluevodreal
@BigBlueHank I have heard from ESPN and FOX high ups on Texas but FSU was first hand from former prez.

Hank ‏@BigBlueHank · 2h2 hours ago
@Bluevodreal wondering if FSU would agree to a 20 year grant of rights that locks them into an inferior money deal. want to see #s.

Bluevod‏@Bluevodreal
@BigBlueHank Me too I need to see the money. FSU staying will be a complete 180 from where they were 10 days ago if they indeed sign.

Reaction Score
I'd love to know where Oklahoma is going.
I can tell you. OU will be going to the SEC. Full disclosure, I never bought into OU to the B1g. So what I find fascinating now is with UVA, UNC, and GT off the table, what does the B1g do, if anyting?

Reaction Score
I love the comment the dud makes about the acc needed to improve their football content. The b10 is rolling in the dough with what they have, and once you get outside a handful of teams, when has the content mattered.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom