Non-Key Tweets | Page 564 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Lol. Sorry, I was just a big doosh right there.
I mean you're right it's not the first time they've released it, but the presser the B12 had yesterday was pretty unprecedented in their transparency.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I mean you're right it's not the first time they've released it, but the presser the B12 had yesterday was pretty unprecedented in their transparency.
No question the big 12 is a cluster f. uc k.

That said, I'll be happy to join them.

Reaction Score
This was posted by a supposedly insider, MSMoose, on the Cincy 247 board:

The Day After!
After a rather lengthy dinner and post dinner chat, I have a few updates for you from last evening.
Areas where the Big 12 institutions will focus when reviewing expansion candidates will be;
Strength of the institutions athletic department. More precisely, financials, leadership and staff, institution and private support, achievments, facilities, strategic plan, marketing, athletic academic support and success, cost of attendance.
Fan base size. More precisely the logistical makeup of the fan base (it’s reach), it’s cultural makeup, it’s willingness to support, it’s financial support, it’s national makeup. Finally, the alumni makeup, where are they, do they travel, demographics, etc.
Media market. More precisely an institutions local market, regional market, and national market.
Institutional reputation. More precisely, accomplishments, national and international recognition, staff makeup, funding, endowment, private support, research reputation, etc.
Academic strength. More precisely the measurements of an institutions academics per its independent divisions. For instance, an institutions medical school is ranked high with much success, but their engineering school is not.
The Big 12 has essentially created (3) lists of candidates for expansion;
The first list are those institutions who meet most or all the Big 12 membership criteria, need time to grow (2-5 years), and become P5 institutions. You can think of these institutions as those who have sufficient athletics funding, Tier 1 research institutions, academic success, athletic culture, and membership to the Big 12 would raise their status sooner than later.
The second list are those institutions who have athletic culture, however would not be considered as full member. These institutions could be institutions with football culture, but lack full athletics culture, or fail to meet specific Big 12 criteria in the form of Research and or Academics.
The third list are institutions that meet some of the Big 12 membership criteria, need time to grow (5-8 years), and become P5 institutions. These are institutions with high growth potential, membership to the Big 12 will allow these institutions in 5-8 years, to be P5 type institutions and still grow.
Institutions like Cincinnati and UCONN make the first list. While institutions like Boise State or UCF make the second list. Institutions like Memphis or Temple make the third list.
These lists are important in terms of negotiations, because if the Big 12 decides 4 is the right number for expansion two levels of candidates may be asked to join. So for a institution on the first list, the institution may propose a lesser time frame for the institutions transition to full membership. Where a institution on the second list, may have a transition period, however at a reduced full membership amount. Finally, a institution on the third list may be forced to offer concessions to the Big 12 for membership. Keep in mind the ball is the institutions hands when it comes to enticing the Big 12 for membership, however the Big 12 also must keep the big picture in mind.
Western based expansion does not generate short term or long term benefits, unless one considers partial membership such as football only. The money is not there when you talk to the network folks, which as we know is hurting the PAC 12 now, and long term. That said, membership to Boise State, and or BYU could be enticing, and profitable by brand for the Big 12.
Long term Eastward expansion is the desire of most Big 12 members. Institutions like Cincinnati and UCONN are great institutions, which with Big 12 membership will become quality long term P5 members. Institutions like UCF and Memphis have great potential, although they lack Big 12 Academic qualities.
Institutions unlike Cincinnati will have to present proposals showing not only their Athletic plans, but their Institutional plans in terms of Academics, Research, Endownment, etc.
Right now, I believe list 1 candidates Cincinnati and UCONN are 11 and 12 after discussions last night. I know I said Memphis as 12 prior, but last night changed my mind considerably. Then after 11 and 12, you have list 3 institutions like UCF and Memphis versus list 2 institutions BYU and Boise State. Ultimately, if the Big 12 President’s are not confident with list 3 candidates proposals, they can fall back on list 2 candidates who help them now.
I will post more in a few days, I have meetings in New York to attend to.
Go Bearcats!

All institutions who desire candidacy will need to make a formal proposal to the Big 12. Interviews with the Big 12 (Expansion Committee, I will call it) will follow. The Big 12 BOT will then discuss candidates via teleconference and also have access to contact candidates on their own. The Big 12 BOT may then decide to negotiate with specific institutions, or they may offer proposals to specific institutions. A lot depends on the institution proposals, and which direction the Big BOT chooses to proceed with.

The Big 12 is looking for a 60-90 day period to complete this work. At the same time, expansion will also affect how the Big 12 creates divisions, scheduling, etc. so a lot of factors are in play. Scheduling will also have a negative affect on BYU, in trying to terminate numerous scheduling agreements in such a short period of time. BYU has so many issues to overcome, my colleagues and I don't see any possibility of them succeeding.

Gotta run, but just want to pass along something I heard today. I can't corroborate this, however I will try my best during my travels to do so.

I am told Big 12 Consultants presented an alternative to the LHN, that would prove quite lucrative to the Big 12, assuming expansion to key markets and 14 members is agreed upon. Whether the network is linear or not, I do not know.

Stay tuned.

Reaction Score
Note: The last part "I am told Big 12 Consultants presented an alternative to the LHN, that would prove quite lucrative to the Big 12, assuming expansion to key markets and 14 members is agreed upon. Whether the network is linear or not, I do not know." is interesting in light of the recent tweet by Kirk Bohls:

Kirk Bohls ‏@kbohls 2h2 hours ago
Bowlsby added that the Big 12 presidents discussed the Longhorn Network "openly and frankly." Declined to say if Texas made any concessions.

Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 22m22 minutes ago
Bowlsby is talking to AZ, Colorado, and Arizona St over the next few days regarding their interest in The B12.

Brian Capstick ‏@CappyVanWinkle 21m21 minutes ago
@MH ver3 nope

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 17m17 minutes ago
@CappyVanWinkle yep

Galveston Island Guy ‏@GalvIsleGuy 18m18 minutes ago
@MH ver3 why bother? GOR makes it so unlikely.

@GalvIsleGuy not really. Or so I'm told. Waiting out GOR but have a deal in place?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 21m21 minutes ago
Then talks will begin anew with BYU, UC, Uconn, UCF, Memphis, Colorado St, and Houston.

UCFKNIGHT2003 ‏@ucfknight2003 20m20 minutes ago
@MH ver3 Bulls hit. Texas doesnt want Houston in

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 16m16 minutes ago
@ucfknight2003 agreed but they are one being talked to regardless.

Matthew McLaren ‏@Cyzmc 21m21 minutes ago
@MH ver3 what is the prevailing thought on how this goes? 2 or 4 and who?

@Cyzmc not sure

Damian A. Garbero ‏@damianagarbero 19m19 minutes ago
@MH ver3 Timeline on B12's goal to invite 2-4 teams?

@damianagarbero Soon as possible

Damian A. Garbero ‏@damianagarbero 15m15 minutes ago
@MH ver3 I'm assuming that penalties would just be paid by the B12 so they could move forward ASAP.

Murr ‏@MurrDCU 18m18 minutes ago
@MH ver3 any realistic chance the PAC schools could join B12 in next year or two?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 15m15 minutes ago
@MurrDCU b12 leaders seem to think so

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 3m3 minutes ago
Bowlsby has been granted full authority to speak to other schools on behalf of B12. Vote still required to add though.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 2m2 minutes ago
ESPN and fox both still offering to rework B12 contract for any expansion in lieu of pro rata.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 1m1 minute ago
Reworked contract would be more money than pro rata but will also remove pro rata for any future additions.

Andrew Wamugi ‏@AndrewWamugi 3m3 minutes ago
@MH ver3 what is the PAC 12 GOR situation? Do they have one?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 2m2 minutes ago
@AndrewWamugi They have one but I'm hearing things about selling share of P12N to buy out GOR.

Andrew Wamugi ‏@AndrewWamugi 56s56 seconds ago
@MH ver3 what about revisiting the talks of converting LHN to Big 12 Network?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 7h7 hours ago
This is going to be a crazy 6-8 weeks.

#big12expansion.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 7h7 hours ago
Who is willing to receive the deepest B12 payout haircuts from 2017-2022?

#uconn
#ucf
#memphis
#uc
#uh
#byu
#csu
#usf
#bsu

???

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 6h6 hours ago
For there to be a Big 12 Network there will need to be someone who will invest in it...own it...a FOX....a ESPN...a Sugar daddy.

Who?

RedDirtSport ‏@RedDirtSport 6h6 hours ago
@flugempire Don't think tradition network, just don't. this thing is going to be all digital and likely conference owned

@RedDirtSport

If it's conference owned then Big 12 schools will have to upfront the costs....

BTM just sent email:

"OU contacts have not moved off"
"Cincinnati and UCONN are tier above in eyes of Oklahoma"

I will speak with BTM tomorrow night (we think)

I sent BTM email to ask OU contacts on their belief of B12 going to 14...and who is 13-14

Hopefully we get a sense what OU contacts are thinking on possibility of 13-14 and who..

..will see.

But obviously, according to BTM email of 8:33am this morning, OU contacts have same belief today as they did in Jan-May

UC/UCONN

Carson Ingle ‏@caingle 5h5 hours ago
@flugempire Could UConn just be the impression based on Big 10 bias? I really don't get them as a choice. No upside there. Hard to get to.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 5h5 hours ago
@caingle

This info is coming from OU contacts...same people who broke B12 wrestling expansion on Twitter through BTM.

So will see..

Paul Hornstein ‏@pfh1964 5h5 hours ago
@flugempire Has BTM ever said why B10 not interested in UCONN?

@pfh1964

BTM has stated B10 thinks highly of UCONN.
But never given reason why not UCONN..other than to say there are other future targets

Storrs South ‏@UConn6thBorough 5h5 hours ago
Storrs South Retweeted John Silver
@flugempire I presume this is strictly gaining traction with the media but B12 has no interest in this w/o MBB/WBB

@UConn6thBorough

It makes no sense.

Stewart Mandel ‏@slmandel 5h5 hours ago
How abrupt a 180 did the Big 12 presidents pull yesterday? Others within/connected to the league expected the exact opposite announcement.

jessicalarson ‏@sooner2016 5h5 hours ago
@slmandel @flugempire It flipped because UT got an out during negotiations. Orangeblood source on Nebraska radio station this morning.

@sooner2016 @slmandel

Please explain.

If you have link to audio please provide.

Thanks
jessicalarson ‏@sooner2016 4h4 hours ago
@flugempire go to sharp and benning 1620thezone in nebraska. It starts at the 16:42 mark. ….By today’s standards it’s a reputable source

jessicalarson ‏@sooner2016 4h4 hours ago
@flugempire saying that UT will move on in 3 years. It’s pretty clear IMHO that this is why the B12 is going to expand

Reaction Score
Corneilus Green ‏@CGreen63 21h21 hours ago
@Bluevodreal You had great info. It just so happens things went the opposite way. Don't be shamed

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 4h4 hours ago
@CGreen63 it is not over
1f603.png

Corneilus Green ‏@CGreen63 4h4 hours ago
@Bluevodreal I know it's not

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 4h4 hours ago
@CGreen63 prominent person fromTexas network just said Texas to BIG 10 in the next 3 year time frame.

Mr. Belvedere ‏@brocktoon73 3h3 hours ago
@Bluevodreal @CGreen63 it was just a guy from orangebloods giving his opinion and nothing more.

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 3h3 hours ago
@brocktoon73 @CGreen63 he was quoting a Texas source. Regardless his message is similar to 3 other Texas sources saying the same thing.

Mr. Belvedere ‏@brocktoon73 3h3 hours ago
@Bluevodreal @CGreen63 hopefully it happens. It's either UT/OU or sit at 14 until 2035

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 2h2 hours ago
@brocktoon73 @CGreen63 no question there will be movement between now and next TV deal.

Hank ‏@BigBlueHank 3h3 hours ago
@Bluevodreal @CGreen63 can you give a name? is it linkable?

jessicalarson ‏@sooner2016 3h3 hours ago
@Bluevodreal @CGreen63 tweet it out!!!!

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 14m14 minutes ago
Hearing several source Texas wants BIG10. BIG12 to expand and new GOR which Texas won't do. Two sources high high up say Texas BiG10 2017

OneBuc82 ‏@OneBuc82 3m3 minutes ago
@Bluevodreal Texas to B1G 2017. Hell has a better chance of freezing over

Gregg Henson ‏@GreggHenson 15m15 minutes ago
Gregg Henson Retweeted Bluevod

We shall see....

Gregg Henson ‏@GreggHenson 12m12 minutes ago
Gregg Henson Retweeted Mike Rizzo

If it's Texas I'm betting Oklahoma comes too. B1G 12 becomes a mid major

Mike Rizzo ‏@mikerizzo87 11m11 minutes ago
@GreggHenson @Bluevodreal will that be the end of expansion or could ND still come?

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 8m8 minutes ago
@mikerizzo87 @GreggHenson I think ND missed the boat again and the ship has sailed. I have not heard a single thing on them in several weeks

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 6m6 minutes ago
@GreggHenson lots of Smoke but a deal is never done until ink meets paper.

Gregg Henson ‏@GreggHenson 6m6 minutes ago
Gregg Henson Retweeted Bluevod

I'm sure. I think ND screws themselves in the long run.

Bluevod ‏@Bluevodreal 5m5 minutes ago
@GreggHenson agree always thought it is very tough to put $ value in what they bring. Delaney wants $$ TV markets

ME: I guess the Big10 twitter mob has decided to accede to reality and change tactics. :D

Reaction Score
the Big12 is in this mess because they lack the large, land grant state-sponsered univesities. The only smart thing they've done the last 15 years was add WVU. Boise, Memphis, Houston, cincy....whatever. At the end of the day they will never own a fanbase or a region and their brand is as valuable as their next football coach. Hire Kragthorpe? Or hire Strong?

SEC guy > Delaney > Scott > Swofford > Bowlsby

Reaction Score
SEC guy > Delaney > Scott > Swofford > Bowlsby
As repulsive as it is, Swofford has been masterful in many ways throughout this whole process going back to the 2000s. He runs an incredibly tight ship, nothing ever gets leaked, everything is done under the cover of darkness and every school always appears to be on the same page - save the MD stuff. Almost never do you hear an AD or president go spewing off to the media like you do in the B12. ACC moves are made with virtually no signals or leaks. The ACC has managed to survive and (sort of) prosper in a football-dominated world while being primarily a basketball-first conference. We hate how he's gone about things here and the moves he has made, but the man knows exactly what he's doing. He's head and shoulders above anyone the B12 has had in a long time, and he's not far off from Delaney and formerly Slive, who I would put on the same tier with one another. Slive's football teams were better, but Delaney has all but printed money for his universities.

Reaction Score
So other than pissing off a founding behemoth research institution in a prime market, selling off most things of any value to T1 and T2 (to leave not enough for T3), and having his boy run a syndicated network with basketball sandwiched in between Happy Days and Laverne and Shirley, he balanced that off by using Tobacco Road to keep others quiet? :D

Reaction Score
Whether you believe Bluevod or not, does anyone really think BYU/Houston/Cincinnati, etc., is going to make Oklahoma and Texas commit to that league for 10-15 more years? Honestly I think this is nothing more than a stopgap to keep the league together until they see how it works out.

Reaction Score
Whether you believe Bluevod or not, does anyone really think BYU/Houston/Cincinnati, etc., is going to make Oklahoma and Texas commit to that league for 10-15 more years? Honestly I think this is nothing more than a stopgap to keep the league together until they see how it works out.
And we fall into that category too. But at least it gives us a seat at the table for if/when the league does break up and there are remnants leftover which can be built into a new respectable league. It also gives us an opportunity to compete with P5 competition in the meantime to prove our mettle in football and continue to grow the basketball program in case a spot in the B1G or ACC opens up.

Reaction Score

Well that issue doesn't even have to come up. As Bowlsby said, the contract calls for pro-rata money for up to four additions and the contract does not have to be re-negotiated.

Reaction Score
Well that issue doesn't even have to come up. As Bowlsby said, the contract calls for pro-rata money for up to four additions and the contract does not have to be re-negotiated.

I know but I was making a preemptive post regarding the inevitable responses that were going to come with regard to Bluevod's credibility.

Reaction Score

But... Did perhaps the networks write the "DirectTV" clause into the contract. That is, "we will gladly replace your old DVR with a shiny new unit that reads your mind and record 40 channels", but it will reset your contract period to the original 2 years.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 11h11 hours ago
Who is willing to receive the deepest B12 payout haircuts from 2017-2022? #uconn #ucf #memphis #uc #uh #byu #csu #usf #bsu ???

Seanbo Sengo ‏@SeanboSengo 2h2 hours ago
@flugempire is it a pay cut if you are making more than you would of had under the best case scenario in your old conference

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 2h2 hours ago
@SeanboSengo Good point

Mike FingerVerified account‏@mikefinger
From everything I'm hearing today, Texas is absolutely not any closer to agreeing to extending Big 12 grant of rights. No reason to do so.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 1h1 hour ago
Greg Flugaur Retweeted Mike Finger

https://mobile.twitter.com/mikefinger/status/755874337681309697… The question remains...what would it take for Texas & Oklahoma to agree to extend the B12 GOR? Is there anything?

Kyle S. Lamb ‏@Kyle_Lamb 1h1 hour ago
@flugempire who was the guy trying to convince me/us that Texas & Oklahoma were already on board for extending? Hmmmm. Oh, wait...

@Kyle_Lamb I think we are heading to a "Senator Henry Clay" result....compromise. Expansion without extended GOR or true B12N. IMO only

@flugempire put another way, non-power 5 teams aren't going to make OU/UT want to commit long-term. This is just a shorter term band-aid.

@Kyle_Lamb Yes. I don't see the incentive for anyone to push OU/UT to extension...especially with no B12N.

@Kyle_Lamb But when/if B12 expansion is announced..and if it happens without B12 GOR extension.. .realignment mania will have just begun.

@flugempire yep that would be a clear signal that the Big 12 could be poached in 3-5 years.

@Kyle_Lamb UT & OU know that with ACC schools locked up until 2036 there will be a bidding war with multiple suitors for their membership

Kyle S. Lamb ‏@Kyle_Lamb 58m58 minutes ago
@flugempire agreed but want to see fine print on the ACC GOR. I don't believe for a second schools committed for 25 years w/out loopholes

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 56m56 minutes ago
@Kyle_Lamb I would frame it "guarantees" more than "loopholes" I'm guessing ESPN guaranteed payouts to be with certain % range of SEC/B1G

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 54m54 minutes ago
@Kyle_Lamb But make no mistake...Disney/ESPN long term commitment to their 2nd favorite Coll Product = ACC is >>>> >>>> vs B12 commitment

@Kyle_Lamb Of course without ACC lockup it would have happened anyways....but will now be a feeding crazy for Sooner/Longhorn association

Kyle S. Lamb ‏@Kyle_Lamb 58m58 minutes ago
@flugempire actually, not necessarily loopholes but absent a forfeiture clause, the GOR isn't the same legal challenge as it is w/ Big 12

Carson Cunningham ‏@KOCOCarson 1h1 hour ago
Won't happen bc of Texas & B1G payouts, but Nebraska fans can't be happy playing Minn, Iowa, N'Western etc. Bring 'em back. #Big12Expansion

Justin Klein RD CSSD ‏@Klein823 31m31 minutes ago
@KOCOCarson @flugempire Neb vs Kan 100+ times, Neb vs Iowa St 100+ times, Neb vs KSU 90+ times, Neb vs OU 80+ times...they ain't home.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 22m22 minutes ago
@Klein823 @KOCOCarson NEB vs BAY/WVU/TCU less than times. NEB belongs in Conf with large Land Grant Public Research Insitutions. Home

Justin Klein RD CSSD ‏@Klein823 19m19 minutes ago
@flugempire @KOCOCarson Neb vs Mich, Mich St and Ohio st all 10 or less meetings so the WVU Baylor and TCU argument is dumb.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 9m9 minutes ago
@Klein823 @KOCOCarson NEB in B10 West is home. Silly arguement. NEB has full equity in BTN. In B12 Huskers would have equity in chaos.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 20m20 minutes ago
@Klein823 @KOCOCarson Nebraska is finally getting full slice of OWNERSHIP of BTN. Equity. And you think NEB wants to go back to B12?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 3h3 hours ago
Rumor mill around WVU AD is that Pac12 is already making overtures to a couple of schools in case of defections. Houston is one.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 3h3 hours ago
And as I told you months ago, the possibility of BYU as FB only is definitely in play.

Reaction Score
I wonder about the timing...

Swofford, ESPN, and the ACC have been very close mouthed about the ACC network...and now, on the eve of the Big 12 vote, there is a leak. Where there has formerly been a tight lips.

Was there a purpose? Signalling the Big 12 that when you vote, you might not should be holding out for an ACC team in the future...a professional courtesy?

I can't suss out the reasoning but I am suspicious of the timing of the leak.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom