Non-Key Tweets | Page 415 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
What was WTIC response ?
The caller felt that the Big 12 is really the last chance because the longer UConn is in the AAC, the more it will suffer and become less competitive. He also argued that the state of CT needs to get more behind UConn and should understand just how valuable UConn is to the state. TIC sympathized but what else can we do but focus on the AAC for now.
Caller also cited how other states are more involved, such as Maryland and Virginia.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The caller felt that the Big 12 is really the last chance because the longer UConn is in the AAC, the more it will suffer and become less competitive. He also argued that the state of CT needs to get more behind UConn and should understand just how valuable UConn is to the state. TIC sympathized but what else can we do but focus on the AAC for now.
Caller also cited how other states are more involved, such as Maryland and Virginia.
I'm sure Sen Bye et al will support our athletic program. Sorry not a non key

Reaction Score
Depends?

Depends...:p

While I am indeed am getting along in years (69), I am still vigorous enough physically (thankfully). I can still horse my Harley around, hike down to Fires Creek to cast a fly, etc.

What I am worried about isn't a leaking hose...but a leaking brain.

I made a living speaking before the legislature, lobbying, working administrative law, and was facile with language. But now, every now and again, a word that I am about to say or a fact that I know vanishes...poof! Into a black emptiness..a complete blank.

If I just stop thinking about it, it comes popping back at some point like a delayed email. It's like not being able to see a small star, yet turning your head and looking at it sideways..and there it is.

Rib me about Depends..it's OK...rib me about my fear of mental lapse..I might worry a little more.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
I can identify with the leaking brain. I too have the same problem and am "only" 67 years old. You comparing it to a delayed email is a good one.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Depends...:p

While I am indeed am getting along in years (69), I am still vigorous enough physically (thankfully). I can still horse my Harley around, hike down to Fires Creek to cast a fly, etc.

What I am worried about isn't a leaking hose...but a leaking brain.

I made a living speaking before the legislature, lobbying, working administrative law, and was facile with language. But now, every now and again, a word that I am about to say or a fact that I know vanishes...poof! Into a black emptiness..a complete blank.

If I just stop thinking about it, it comes popping back at some point like a delayed email. It's like not being able to see a small star, yet turning your head and looking at it sideways..and there it is.

Rib me about Depends..it's OK...rib me about my fear of mental lapse..I might worry a little more.
Young sir I am 41 and that happens now.

Reaction Score

Don't worry, Jeff Jacobs is on the case.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 6h6 hours ago
Not yet seen BTM info from OU contacts coming tomorrow
Oh boy
Only heads up is "Boren is winning"
Check in tomorrow-will see it together

Chris E. ‏@shrump1976gmail · 5h5 hours ago
@flugempire that's gotta be good news, expansion coming

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 5h5 hours ago
@shrump1976gmail
You would think so.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
For all the insane things we've seen discussed - nothing makes less sense than the Big 12 adding 4 teams.

Star Wars has more basis in reality than that nonsense.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Houston's home basketball game this weekend was attended like a high school game that could have been cancelled because of the weather.

Reaction Score
For all the insane things we've seen discussed - nothing makes less sense than the Big 12 adding 4 teams.

Well the way CR has played out in the past then 4 teams must be true. And it is on the internet so it must be true.

Reaction Score

Yeah I can't see it. Nothing that The Big 12 has done since its inception screams long term stability. My guess is that they will succumb to internal pressure, add two teams (Cincy and ?), and bring back a conference championship game. That will shut Boren up for a while until he realizes that there is zero momentum for a Big 12 Network. King Bevo ain't giving up his ESPN Welfare Check without a fight. OU and KU are out the door as soon as their GOR comes to its end.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Here we go with Whaler probably being right, but taking an extreme stance. I agree that 2 teams are most likely if the Big 12 expands at all, but the Big 12 is unique in that it's athletics are probably the best combo of football and hoops top to bottom over the last 3 years, but their markets suck. They don't need more quality football programs, they need TV sets.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Here we go with Whaler probably being right, but taking an extreme stance. I agree that 2 teams are most likely if the Big 12 expands at all, but the Big 12 is unique in that it's athletics are probably the best combo of football and hoops top to bottom over the last 3 years, but their markets suck. They don't need more quality football programs, they need TV sets.

There aren't four schools that get you TV sets. There isn't any network that is going to pay that kind of money for the tier 1 rights to schools 13&14.

Reaction Score
But a Houston fan said they're 11 and everyone else is vying for the other 3 spots. Nothing about that statement is insane. ..

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
BYU and UConn bring a lot of TV sets, and Cincinnati is solid. Houston is not bad, and provides some protection against a Texas departure. All 4 are better than Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, Iowa State and west Virginia from a TV perspective. I agree that 2 is by far more likely than 4, but 4 is not impossible.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom